Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 13: September - Octuber 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050924/51193665050.html

The Princes take note of the problems of the footwear

The trip lightning of the princes of Asturias Milan, in which all the looks were concentrated in dona Letizia's advanced pregnancy, concluded yesterday with a meeting to door closed with Spanish businessmen of the footwear. The Princes want with their presence to contribute to the sale of shoes in the whole world; because of it the itinerant exhibition that they inaugurated on Thursday, Milan to Carmen's feet, plucking in Italy, country that, as said the prince Felipe, " it is prior in the exterior and commercial Spanish politics, for its influence in the international scene and for the enormous potential of the market ". In 2004, the sales of Spanish footwear in Italy increased 8,8 %, with almost 6,5 million sold couples.
They assure in la Zarzuela that these meetings of the princes of Asturias with the managerial world are in the habit of being " of paper and pen ", and that in them they go away directly to the grain, and where one speaks about problems, hopes and urgencies in the sector. The score of businessmen who yesterday in the morning conversed with don Felipe and dona Letizia in the hotel Meliá of Milan expose their models of footwear and leatherwork in the fair Micam milanesa, which until this Sunday shows collections for the spring - summer season of 2006. In whole, 163 Spanish exhibit on a whole of 1.500 exhibitors, being the most relevant foreign participation after the Italian.

"Letizia is very energetic"

When Felipe reflects the future on -"No I don't know what will happen with the marks, could destroy them like image, but they can stay as guarantee. But in the end it is going to happen that they are not going to be left more kings than those of the deck "- her woman interrupts the argumentation. "you do not speak of kings. Now you cannot say nothing against the Monarchy ", she aims and she justified: "We are the godparents of Erika, the sister of Letizia".
005D7AST-OVI-P1_1.jpg

TOOLS. Felipe, before one of the walls of his factory/JESUS DIAZ
- I suppose that you will be enchanted that the sister of you're goddaughter is,there in the Real House.

- To me in the personal plane it seems to me very well. In the institutional plane, I do not know what to say yet, because is a rupture to the previous thing

- the changes sometimes are not bad.

- Yes, it is necessary to refresh the blood, and the ideas, and everything. It gives the impression to me that the Royal Family lived within a gueto, were the people with less freedom of all the country. That, being slight. People will see the advantages of the subject: they travel, they go for there, they always eat good, they go very dressed... But it is something very hard.

- Knowing close Doña Letizia. DO YOU Think that she is adapting to that life easily?

- Yes, she is very intelligent and very energetic. She is going to be a good figure.

- Come on , that this Monarchy will based.

- I believe yes . I do not have the complete security, but by where it goes, goes well. This country is so extreme, that it costs to make changes.They don't make Changes ,They make revolutions.
http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/pg050925/prensa/noticias/Oviedo/200509/25/GIJ-OVI-034.html

In the last days during their trip to Sevilla, something strange happened. I've read that Felipe was giving some prizes and he asked his wife to give one of the prizes and she saw him in a very strange way, like she didnt want to do it, the only problem was that everybody notice even the press and the winner of the prize. They are explaining that she was not feeling well but people have criticized her a lot. Have you heard more info about this?

Ariel said:
In the last days during their trip to Sevilla, something strange happened. I've read that Felipe was giving some prizes and he asked his wife to give one of the prizes and she saw him in a very strange way, like she didnt want to do it, the only problem was that everybody notice even the press and the winner of the prize. They are explaining that she was not feeling well but people have criticized her a lot. Have you heard more info about this?

It they are bilges on that only some journalists comment as Peñafiel that have to raise the hearing of their programs, in the majority of the programs they did not even comment on it (even in one of the more critical programs of press of the heart they spoke how there was touching her belly and it did not even comment on it). The only thing that happened in Seville is that she seemed to be a bit tired, I imagine that for the trip and because there still it is hot. The Prince was delivering the prizes and he gave to her one in order that ithe was giving it and it messed up she a bit.
To speak about the Princess publicizes and how in spite of the pregnancy she continues with the trips and the activities and there are no things that to criticize, criticize her for any bilge.
In the magazine Hola! Of this week they comment that though the pregnancy there is OK and is no problem, Letizia has had a troublesome enough pregnancy (especially for the nauseas and things of the stomach), but that she does everything possible because these inconveniencesdo not prevent her from doing her work, and that in the acts the people not of account of it.

The article of Hello

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/27/princessletizia/

Last edited:
I don't really believe that this is truth. How do they know it? Did all reporters assisted in that routine scan? The Princes have said many times that they don't want to know about the baby's sex before it's birth.

Ariel said:

Could you provide a source for this information? Otherwise this is gossip which is against our Forum Rules & Guidelines: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920

Forum Rules & Guidelines said:
All information submitted to The Royal Forums (stories, articles, etc...) must be linked back to a credible source (newspaper, online magazine, royalty magazine, book, photo agency, etc...). Gossip is hearsay and these forums are dedicated to providing credible information to its members. Therefore, we ask our members to have reliable sources for any information which they may provide.

thank you,
Anna_R
TRF SuperModerator

Anna_R said:
Could you provide a source for this information? Otherwise this is gossip which is against our Forum Rules & Guidelines: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920

thank you,
Anna_R
TRF SuperModerator

Anna it they have been commentaries that some journalists have done being based on images of television. Last week was Peñafiel, and it seems that today she has criticized the Alcázar. How they do not have another thing that to criticize, they criticize her for putting bad face ... to the poor person they leave her neither to be one day tired being pregnancy of 7 months. Besides, she put bad expensive a minute and later she smiled. They take a few seconds of a video and because of it they criticize her not and it is absurdity? They are employed at two programs of television in the morning, and know that every week they have to say something of Letizia who is the one who makes gain hearing. Criticizing always is in the habit of being better that to say something good. Between both programs there is a war for the hearing and every time both go to worse.
But there are people who notices them, and they create ua bad image of her.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Letizia 7/8 months pregnant?! Is it any surprise if she gets tired or annoyed when she's carrying out official duties! I hardly think that's worthy of any criticism! I'd like to see how some of these reporters (probably male) would feel if they were in the same situation!

Little_star said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Letizia 7/8 months pregnant?! Is it any surprise if she gets tired or annoyed when she's carrying out official duties! I hardly think that's worthy of any criticism! I'd like to see how some of these reporters (probably male) would feel if they were in the same situation!

One is man and another woman. But always they will say that there are women who work until the end of the pregnancy, and it is true, but they do not do it with a view to the public opinion. Letizia continues with her activities and seems that will continue up to the Prizes Prince of Asturias (if it does not happen at all). But what they do not bear in mind is that these activities make travel constant and it can provoke that this more tired. The day of Seville they had just come after a trip of two hours and a half in train.

"One is man and another woman. But always they will say that there are women who work until the end of the pregnancy, and it is true, but they do not do it with a view to the public opinion. Letizia continues with her activities and seems that will continue up to the Prizes Prince of Asturias (if it does not happen at all). But what they do not bear in mind is that these activities make travel constant and it can provoke that this more tired. The day of Seville they had just come after a trip of two hours and a half in train."

The Royal Princesses like Mary and Letizia have done a lot during their pregnancy and to many people forget how exhausting that can be! I would hate to be 8 months pregnant and have to spend 2 hours (probably uncomfortably) on a train.

In my own opinion I dont think they are handling well her agenda. They should give her more rest. I know it is very nice to receive good coments of how hard worker she is that even 8 months pregnant is still on the road. I think they can still have some of that and give her some more rest.

Ariel said:
In my own opinion I dont think they are handling well her agenda. They should give her more rest. I know it is very nice to receive good coments of how hard worker she is that even 8 months pregnant is still on the road. I think they can still have some of that and give her some more rest.

I do not believe that I am like that, she comes to the activities that she can, if some day is not well the Prince comes only and already this. But in her state it is normal to be a bit tired or to feel a bit badly, but it cannot prevent from developing her life and her work with normality. While the pregnancy is OK and the this doctor of agreement.

Still about the trip to Milan:
http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia186.htm

Felipe and Letizia: admirers of the Spanish shoes

The Princes inaugurated in Italy the exhibition Milán a los pies de Carmen, in which 42 Spanish labels paid tribute to Bizet’s Carmen, in order to promote the footwear.

The Princes, who were always very kind the each other, showed interest for the creation process of the designs and, after visiting the exhibition, they shared a cocktail with the other attendants and cheerfully chatted with the guests, who congratulated them for their future paternity. On that occasion, the Princes also affectionately greeted a baby of few months old and posed for the photos that were requested. Besides, the Princess confessed that, in her public appearances, she always takes shoes of Spanish designers.

Doña Letizia made some purchases

On the following day, the couple, who was lodged at the select hotel Meliá Milano and that took advantage of their stay in the fashion city to make some purchases, had a work meeting with 17 Spanish companies of the shoemaker industry. As much Felipe as Letizia (who was then wearing a grey pant suit combined with a matching t-shirt and showy red shoes), actively participated in the meeting, asking about the problems that affect this sector and they were very interested in knowing how is the Spanish market reacting, in spite of the mighty flood of the Chinese market.

Is it anything known about their following activities? Their last official visit was 23th Sept., and today is 28. I miss them!

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Is it anything known about their following activities? Their last official visit was 23th Sept., and today is 28. I miss them!

The Princes come on Friday in Bilbao to a meeting of Latin-American members of parliament. Today there was a congress of economy in Corunna of which they were honorary presidents, but this presidency not always implies that they go there, in this case they have not done it.

Little_star said:
"One is man and another woman. But always they will say that there are women who work until the end of the pregnancy, and it is true, but they do not do it with a view to the public opinion. Letizia continues with her activities and seems that will continue up to the Prizes Prince of Asturias (if it does not happen at all). But what they do not bear in mind is that these activities make travel constant and it can provoke that this more tired. The day of Seville they had just come after a trip of two hours and a half in train."

The Royal Princesses like Mary and Letizia have done a lot during their pregnancy and to many people forget how exhausting that can be! I would hate to be 8 months pregnant and have to spend 2 hours (probably uncomfortably) on a train.

Let's don't forget that there are women who are 8 or even 9 months pregnant who have to work two or three jobs. People who are single moms and have other children. I think two and a half hours on a train is not the end of the world. I think that Letizia could have been more polite if she was tired. If she was so tired she did not have to go, but I don't think you need to be less polite just because of pregnancy (considering the rumors are true). This is, however, only my opinion, and it is not intended to disregard anyone else's comments.

Roxsteve said:
(considering the rumors are true)
However, this is nothing more than rumours, so let's take it with the required pinch of salt. There are already too many rumours about Letizia, and TRFs don't want to associate its name to Jaime Penafiel's troops, making up stories just to have what to talk about.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principes_foro_iberoamericano_bilbao_515276.htm

The Princes of Asturias will inaugurate tomorrow in Bilbao the I Latin American Parliamentary Forum, that will gather representatives of 33 countries and whose objective is to serve as reinforcement of the Latin American Summits.

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will take advantage of their stay in Vizcaia to meet a group of Basque businessmen, in order to deepen their knowledge on the economic reality of the zone.

The Heir to the Spanish Throne maintains narrow relations with Ibero-America and is the representative of the SpanishState in the swearing-in ceremonies of the presidents of those countries.

http://www.finanzas.com/id.8684492/noticias/noticia.htm

Europa Press's informative agenda for September 30

- 11.00 hours: SS.AA.RR. The Princes of Asturias inaugurate the " Parliamentary Iberoamericano Forum ", in the Palace Euskalduna of Bilbao. Michael Ángel Moratinos will represent.
- 14.00 hours: SS.AA.RR. The Principes of Asturias have lunch with the Circle of Basque Businessmen, in the Maritime Club of the Bay, Bilbao.

Roxsteve said:
Let's don't forget that there are women who are 8 or even 9 months pregnant who have to work two or three jobs. People who are single moms and have other children. I think two and a half hours on a train is not the end of the world. I think that Letizia could have been more polite if she was tired. If she was so tired she did not have to go, but I don't think you need to be less polite just because of pregnancy (considering the rumors are true). This is, however, only my opinion, and it is not intended to disregard anyone else's comments.

i also think that. there are pregnant women who have to work at 100%, practically all the days except sundays and get the leave just about to have the baby. i don't think an event or two are too bad.
i don't know how she may have felt at that moment, but this time i would say that behaviour wasn't nice at all, most of all for the person who has to receive the diploma.

Roxsteve said:

I agree there are millions of pregnant women who work more than 8 hours per day, go home, have to cook, clean and take care of older kids. They have a much tougher life than any of the royal princesses. However, everyone does get sick or not feel well at times, that's human nature. Letizia could feel perfectly fine during the day, after 21/2 hours of high-speed train ride, with the heat in Seville, she started to not feel well, that's perfect normal. What's the big deal if she didn't smile as usual since she didn't feel well. A couple of journalists in the tabloid shows would always have something to say since Letizia had been their ATM machine. I guess they probably would expect her to put on a smile even if her water broke :eek:.

Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principe_iberoamerica_espana_517846.htm

Prince receives members of parliament Iberoamérica in modern Spain

The Prince of Asturias gave today the welcome in Bilbao to the participants in the Parliamentary Iberoamericano I Foro to a ' Spain modern and opened ', that has managed, said, its longer period of democratic living together and social progress, thanks to the Constitution.
Don Philip delivered the speech that put end to the inaugural act of the meeting, at which there are present representatives of all the Latin-American countries, Portugal and Andorra.
The Princes of Asturias, in this first one visits together to the capital vizcaína, they were accompanied in the presidential table by the presidents of the Congress, Manuel Marín, and of the Senate, Francisco Javier Rojo; of the minister of Foreign Affairs, Michael Angel Moratinos; of the vicelehendakari, Idoia Zenarruzabeitita, and of the chairwoman of the Basque Parliament, Izaskun Bilbao.
This I Foro, which tries to use as support to the Latin-American Summits, which fifteenth edition will take place in Salamanca close on October 14 and 15, will develop today and tomorrow in the Palace Euskalduna of Bilbao.
At their arrival to the enclosure, Don Philip and Dona Letizia, they were got by the presidents of the parliamentary Spanish Chambers, and the Basque authorities, and before entering attended in their honor the 'aurresku', Basque dance of welcome.

From abc, elcorreo y antena 3:

The Princes of Asturias inaugurate the I Foro Parliamentary Iberoamericano

Attachments

• principes_asturias.jpg
    principes_asturias.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 381
  • principes_bilbao--200x160.jpg
    principes_bilbao--200x160.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 225
  • principes_foro--180x220.jpg
    principes_foro--180x220.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 393
  • omnhz7025-00215.jpg
    omnhz7025-00215.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 258
  • omnhz7025-00314.jpg
    omnhz7025-00314.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 214
  • omnhz7025-00428.jpg
    omnhz7025-00428.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
From terra:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 586
Last edited by a moderator:
From Casa Real:

Attachments

• empre09g.jpg
    empre09g.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 201
  • foro03g.jpg
    foro03g.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 203
Thanks for the pictures Lula! Letizia looks relaxed & Felipe looks happy...;)

Last edited:
Letizia is very handsome, the pregnancy feels to him well. I am wishing that november arrives.:p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom