The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you all for the wonderful pictures. I think Letizia looks wonderful and healthy, which is great to see. Can someone tell me what SOS, as in the SOS villages, stands for?

Old 09-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Thank you all for the wonderful pictures. I think Letizia looks wonderful and healthy, which is great to see. Can someone tell me what SOS, as in the SOS villages, stands for?
Infantile villages SOS I believe that it is an organization that one dedicates to the children's reception in homes to give them a family and an education.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/...ron_480578.htm

After the game, the cameras caught the Princes of Asturias on the outskirts of the stadium, greeting diverse political authorities. Doña Letizia, who was dressed in an autumnal outfit formed by a short white raincoat and black pants, received the flatterings of some fans, who were shouting 'gorgeous’ to her.
Before entering the car, the couple, very smiling, greeted the people gathered there.

Here's a video from Telecinco:
http://www.informativos.telecinco.es...l/dn_11787.htm

Photo from Terra:
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Courtier

From http://press.contrastphoto.com/
Old 09-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Can someone tell me what SOS, as in the SOS villages, stands for?
SOS? Well, I don't know if I'm getting it right... you mean what the sigla stands for?... I guess it's actually an English sigla, which was used as a help request, specially by radio... It means "Save Our Souls".
But well, I don't know if you were asking for this part of the explanation... the other one was already given by Lula
Old 09-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

Elsa, perhaps I wasn't clear -- the answer Lula gave was the one I was looking for. Thanks for your help, though.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

From newscom:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	g.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	191354   Click image for larger version

Name:	ga.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	191355   Click image for larger version

Name:	gam.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	191357  
Old 09-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Contrastphoto has basically the same photos from the game as the ones posted by Lula, but these are slightly different:
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Letizia looks radiant. She looks better and better. She seems very happy and so much in love. Felipe's looks tell all!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Courtier

LondonFeatures (http://www.londonfeatures.com/) has some thumbnails but I don't know how to link!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
have you seen that nearly all letizia's clothing wardbrobe are basics? it may be in case she gets pregnant again and the clothes are not out so that she can use them again. the last days she was wearing a lot of black and white, and those are the basic colour "per excellence". i really think she is as sofia when it comes to save money and it's really likely they will have more kids :) if the hypothesis is confirmed.
If you work in some major cities (in North America at least) you would see that the majority of Letizia's pieces in black and white are essential closet staples of many women, pregnant or not. Such pieces are simply smart buys and recommended by countless magazines as wardrobe staples upon which to build your wardrobe around. If you have a good pair of black pants, a properly fitting black blazer and a black blouse you are basically set. You would just accent it with a bold or colourful necklace or scarf or other jewellery, but it's an outfit that would carry you from one year to the next and across several seasons (fall and winter at least, and even spring).
Old 09-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Commoner

She always in black!:(
Old 09-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
If you work in some major cities (in North America at least) you would see that the majority of Letizia's pieces in black and white are essential closet staples of many women, pregnant or not. Such pieces are simply smart buys and recommended by countless magazines as wardrobe staples upon which to build your wardrobe around. If you have a good pair of black pants, a properly fitting black blazer and a black blouse you are basically set. You would just accent it with a bold or colourful necklace or scarf or other jewellery, but it's an outfit that would carry you from one year to the next and across several seasons (fall and winter at least, and even spring).
that was what i was meaning with my post. i think it's smart of letizia not to buy green pregnancy clothes although green may be now a really in colour, as due to her advanced pregnancy situation she won't use anymore as probably when she gets pregnant again that green and beautiful piece she wore isn't nice anymore. instead she chooses black and white basics, that can be reused in that short time the pregnancy lasts, as they would be to big to wear after the pregnancy.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-10-2005, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...tes_483017.htm

The Princes, to Prague to inaugurate new Institute Cervantes

The Princes of Asturias will inaugurate next Monday, the 12th of September, nine headquarters of the Institute Cervantes in Prague (Czech Republic), after a luncheon with the president of the country, Vaclav Klaus, and a meeting with the Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes.

Don Felipe was already in the Czech Republic in May, 2001 in official visit, and in this occasion he will travel accompanied from Dona Letizia, in whom it will be their fifth inauguration together of a new Institute Cervantes in the exterior, after those of Budapest, Belgrade, Sao Paulo and Stockholm.
The new center directed by Iñaki Abad and placed in the heart of Prague, occupies two buildings joined by four gangplanks of crystal and steel. The library of the center will take the name of Fuentes, author of works as ' The chair of the Eagle ', and that in 1994 there received the Prize Prince of Asturias of the Letters.
Fuentes, the one who recently assured that no novel has reached the success of 'El Quijote·", will meet the Princes privately before being present at the inauguration of the headquarters of Prague, in which also there will be the prime minister of the Czech Republic, Jirí Paroubek, and the president of the Senate, Premysl Sobotka.
After the act of opening, in which there will intervene Don Philip and the director of the Institute Cervantes, César Antonio Molina, the Princes will visit the exhibition ' In the borders. Latin-American art in the collection of the Extremaduran and Latin-American Museum of Contemporary Art '.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:28 AM
Commoner

They´ll arrive to Prague on monday 12.9. at 12:30 and departure is planned on 13.9. at 10:00.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirina77
They´ll arrive to Prague on monday 12.9. at 12:30 and departure is planned on 13.9. at 10:00.
Maybe I'll go to the airport and see if I can catch a glimpse of them.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, along with the Princes of Asturias, offered today a lunch to the participants of the Second Conference of Presidents.

For more about this topic, please go to the thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=282154#post282154
Old 09-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

but Felipe wasn't in baiona to participate in the contest? It ends in tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
but Felipe wasn't in baiona to participate in the contest? It ends in tomorrow.
Already there was foreseen that today was returning to Madrid, and he will return today to Bayona to take part tomorrow in the ditch and to deliver the prizes. He went away on Thursday night since Friday was festive in Madrid.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, are they going to go to Prague together? And is it a state or official visit or just an opening of a new Cervantes Institute?

Closed Thread