The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 07:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattica28
You know, I read the criticisms of these Crown Princessess and I think, how easy for us as arm chair critics to sit and judge these women! How many of us would have the courage to choose the lives they have? To give up freedom of choice and anonymity to lead a life where every aspect will be criticised! Yes, the perks are great, but look at the sacrificies! And some women like Mary and Maxima have had to move across the world, leave families behind, learn a new language no less to live the life that they're living now! Letizia had to give up a hugely successful career where she presented the news and now her life is the news! I mean, the Crown Princesses are all amazing women because they have shown a great deal of courage in choosing their present lives. I like looking at photos of them and reading about their lives, but I wouldn't give up my life for theirs!
Well said Gattica, and i 100% agree with you.

Old 07-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
You know, I read the criticisms of these Crown Princessess and I think, how easy for us as arm chair critics to sit and judge these women! How many of us would have the courage to choose the lives they have? To give up freedom of choice and anonymity to lead a life where every aspect will be criticised! Yes, the perks are great, but look at the sacrificies! And some women like Mary and Maxima have had to move across the world, leave families behind, learn a new language no less to live the life that they're living now! Letizia had to give up a hugely successful career where she presented the news and now her life is the news! I mean, the Crown Princesses are all amazing women because they have shown a great deal of courage in choosing their present lives. I like looking at photos of them and reading about their lives, but I wouldn't give up my life for theirs!
I agree. Several of these women have had a steep learning curve and lead pretty intense lives, even if there are perks. And, given past posts that describing the challenge the Spanish monarchy faces as compared to others, I think Letizia is particularly conscientious and hard working; very earnest in her support of the Spaniards. This is not intended at all as a criticism of other CP's because I think several of them are impressive women.

Old 07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

well said gattica28 ^___^ it's sad how we tend to forget their courage and complain and criticize them for the littlest things...lol
Old 07-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://es.news.yahoo.com/050715/4/45xug.html

Today, at 11:30, there was a presentation, in the Sala Capitular of the City Hall of Toledo, of the I International Forum of Music, which will be celebrated in Toledo, from July 15th till July 30th, under the Presidency of Honour of TRH the Princes of Asturias.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
don't know why people sometimes try to make the life of a royal seem a real martyrdom. it obviously has some bad aspects but it has lots of good (and really good) aspects as well and people tend to forget them sometimes... :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
don't know why people sometimes try to make the life of a royal seem a real martyrdom. it obviously has some bad aspects but it has lots of good (and really good) aspects as well and people tend to forget them sometimes... :)
I don't think that any of the statements are meant to make royals appear to be martyrs. I think that people are being objective. Their life isn't easy. I agree that they do have certain perks especially in the way of material goods, but they do give up a lot for it. Anyone who lives that particular automatically loses certain liberties and a large amount of privacy. Privacy really becomes of thing of the past.

It must be difficult at times especially for those who have married into royal families and who led their own independent lives prior to their marriages. I couldn't imagine having to think about what I am wearing and who I am seen with when I simply step out for a day of shopping, let alone being photographed for who knows how long in the process. I certainly couldn't make the switch of foregoing certain freedoms and some of my independence, not even if I do get so-called perks.

Of course, I suppose that if you are truly in love, then it it is worth the adjustment.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

well... that invasion of their privacy is not just related to royals. everybody in the public scene has to live with that lack of privacy, and some of those famous people (let's say actors, singers, models, etc...) do not have sometimes an "all life patrimony" (jewels, art pieces...). moreover, the press must have respect with royals, and many of the "not so nice" details of their lives are and will always be a secret, while famous people's secrets are not only in the everyday public scene but they sometimes need to hear rumours that are just not true at all.
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
famous people's secrets are not only in the everyday public scene but they sometimes need to hear rumours that are just not true at all.
Yes, you're right, but the same happens with the royals too. Just look around the internet, or buy a gossip magazine, and see the amount of rubbish that is published in a daily basis... The difference is that you choose to become a singer or an actor and you can avoid that introsion in your privacy, if you don't like that life, but you can't avoid these intosions, when you're born a prince, and you spend all of your life experiencing it, everyday.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://servicios.elcomerciodigital.c...J-VER-155.html

The Princes will spend their vacations in Palma, but everything indicates that they will also visit Asturias, as they did last year. Doña Letizia loves her home land and it’s probable that she finds a hollow in her vacations to return to Ribadesella, where her paternal grandmother, Menchu Alvarez del Valle, lives.

One of the main fears of the Majorcan authorities arose after the wedding of the Princes, when there were rumours pointing a change in the summer assignments of the royal couple. But this anxiety was cleared up, during the official visit that the Princes made to the Balearic Islands: "For many years of my life, I have been enjoying your hospitality, during the summer vacations, and I myself and the Princess wish to continue enjoying here the upcoming years", said Don Felipe, for the tranquillity of many people.

In any case, this summer, after their stay in Mallorca, it’s very probable that they will spend some days in Asturias, as they did last year. But while that trip is programmed in the heat of Doña Letizia’s pregnancy, the bay of Palma de Mallorca will receive again, as it has been happening for more than three decades, the whole Royal Family. And this year the attention will be centred again in Doña Letizia and, above all, in the baby the Princess is expecting in November. But the cameras will also will look for the only daughter of the Dukes of Palma de Mallorca, Irene, that will complete two months in the island.

When August arrives the Princess will be six months pregnant and perhaps the annoyances and nauseas that have affected her, during first part of the gestation, will then be disappeared. But, even so, it is probable that the state of Doña Letizia won’t advise her to accompany HM the Queen, on board of the Fortuna or the Somni, to follow the regattas.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://es.news.yahoo.com/050719/4/467mk.html

The mayor of Sada, Ramon Rodríguez Ares, invited the Princes of Asturias for a visit, in order to inaugurate the plenary room of the new consistorial building, which will hold their own title.

The government of Sada is now waiting for an answer to the request sent about a month ago.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

the king today confirmed to the press that felipe and his wife letizia will arrive today to palma.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Just read that felipe and letizia will assist to the concert of Barenboim, director of the philarmonique of berlin, in oviedo the 31st of july.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Just read that felipe and letizia will assist to the concert of Barenboim, director of the philarmonique of berlin, in oviedo the 31st of july.
Yes, I copy the article in the forum of the Anniversary XXV of the Foundation, but it seems that it is not sure completely, there will be necessary to see that it will happen ultimately. At the moment in the web of the Foundation they do not say anything in the matter.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
well... that invasion of their privacy is not just related to royals. everybody in the public scene has to live with that lack of privacy, and some of those famous people (let's say actors, singers, models, etc...) do not have sometimes an "all life patrimony" (jewels, art pieces...). moreover, the press must have respect with royals, and many of the "not so nice" details of their lives are and will always be a secret, while famous people's secrets are not only in the everyday public scene but they sometimes need to hear rumours that are just not true at all.
I believe that actors, singers, etc. are like royals in that they are are public persons, however unless an individual marries into a RF, they really don't choose to be royal. Whereas, actors, models, and so on choose to enter public life. They can back out whenever they choose and quit leading a public life. That really isn't the case with most members of reigning royal families.

I also disagree with your suggestion that the press respects royals. Once in history, there was a time when the media let royals be, but that time has past. You can really go to any internet search engine and find unflattering or critical articles about some member of a royal family. Who can forget all of the details of private conversations that have surfaced about the British royals. Their lives are really open books. The press in England is merciless at times in respect to the RF. Unflattering articles and critiques about Letizia were not hard to find before she and Felipe were married and I am sure that they will be more critical words of her as the years pass.

The truth is that many "not so nice" details have found their way into the spotlight. Secrets may be kept for years, but in our current age of information, there really are no secrets. They will surface sooner or even much much later. Also, these days if there isn't any gossip or sources to get "juicy" information from the papers and magazines simply invent things.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The Princes of Asturias will attend tomorrow to the funerales by the deceaseds in the fire of Guadalajara

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...mas_412639.htm
Old 07-21-2005, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
The Princes of Asturias will attend tomorrow to the funerales by the deceaseds in the fire of Guadalajara

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...mas_412639.htm
I was imagining it, though it did not know if finally there would be official funeral or not. The truth is that the fire has been a tragedy, a new tragedy this year, first that accident of the young men with the gas and now the fire.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
The funerals will take place tomorrow, at 8:30 p.m. (GMT).
Old 07-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

So is their arrival in Palma delayed until after the funeral? I haven't seen anything about their arrival yet and was wondering.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
So is their arrival in Palma delayed until after the funeral? I haven't seen anything about their arrival yet and was wondering.
Probably so. It wouldn't make much sense to fly out to Palma, fly to the funeral, and then fly right back to Palma.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Terra:

The Princes of Asturias are present today in representation of the royal family at the funeral for eleven victims of the registered fire last weekend in Guadalajara, which will be celebrated at 20:30 in Guadalajara and will be informed by the bishop of Sigüenza-Guadalajara, monsignor Jose Sanchez.