The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Maybe they are going off to tilt at some windmills too? That´s great that they are going there for the celebration. It´s good of them to go to such a wide variety of places within Spain. The large cities and the smaller places as well as the smaller places that are big tourist attractions or those with historical places there as well. The smaller towns really appreciate a royal visit, I´m sure. I mean it´s still a good size town of 65,000.

Old 07-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Ciudad Real (Royal City) is the capital of La Mancha, the region that is universally tied to the Miguel de Cervantes' novel Don Quijote de La Mancha. It was founded in 1255 (750 years ago) by King Alfonso X and its original name was Vila Real (Royal Village).
Thank you Elsa for your answer! I'm glad to have learned something. I remember enjoying reading Don Quijote in school, but most of it has escaped me by now.

Old 07-04-2005, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com...dArticulo=3786

Felipe de Borbón and Letizia Ortiz intensify the politics of good relations with the journalists

The Princes of Asturias, both, are conscious of the importance of the mass media, not only in the democratic society in general, but also for the preservation of the Monarchy, at present and especially in the future, a future that they predictably will lead. That's why, they develop a silent but intense action of approach and good relations with the journalists, that a few times come out and others not.

Continuously there appear in his agenda commitments and acts that take the professionals of the press as recipients. The same week two are foreseen, on Tuesday. First, with the organizers, prizewinners and juror of the award "Cirilo Rodríguez", who is granted to foreign correspondents and special envoys, and who is one of most respected in the profession.

In whole, there have been invited to represent almost a score of professionals, whom they will receive in The Operetta. Second, with rewarded by the Association of the Press, with assistance of the board of the APM.
It is a question of gestures seemingly only established by protocol, but that reflect a strategy of quite elaborated communication, destined to connect and to tune with this professional class.

Apart from these "official" acts there are less formal meetings, as that they supported with the ? Group Chronicle ?, the most veteran surviving of the journalist clubes, but also other contacts, as which occasionally they support with the group of professionals that they deal with the information of The Operetta.

A group, certainly, very jealous of his informative area, which they consider to be something almost exclusively, and which in not few occasions is on bad terms that from other ambiences also news happens on the kings, the princes, etc.
Monday, July 04, 2005
Old 07-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.ayto-ciudadreal.es/index....=2&tt_news=988

The City Hall of Real City will do delivery to the princes of Asturias of diverse gifts commemorative Monday, July 04, 2005

The City Hall of Real City will do delivery to its royal highness the Princes of Asturias of a series of commemorative gifts of the efeméride of the 750 anniversary of the city and other of more personal character.

As institutional gifts, its royal highness will receive the medal of gold of the 750 anniversary, unique that has minted, and in which figures the real seal of Alfonso X “The Wise one” founder of the city and a similar edition of the Letter Populates.

Besides, Mrs Letizia will receive of hands of the Mayor Francisco Gil-Ortega, the book “Reign Them d' Espagne”, a French edition of 1883, that collects the biographies of all the queens of Spain from Gala Placilia, wife of Ataulfo, to María Luisa of Parma, wife of Carlos IV. This book was published in the period in which the Queen Isabel II was found exiled in France.

The other gift, is a basket, for the future heir of the Crown carried out in fair or lace of drumsticks, by the Association of encajeras ciudadrealeñas “The Rose of the Saffron”. Since months ago, a group of encajeras of the association comes working with affection and enthusiasm in the making of that basket that is composed of cradle sheets play, car sheets play, mute of baby, tail, shoes and bib, all embroidered and of lace. Besides also they have prepared a handkerchief of lace for their royal highness the princess of Asturias.

All these gift will be delivered the Princes in the Parlor of Full of the of the capital town Council in the presence of all the members of the Municipal Corporation, the President of the Meeting of Communities, the President of the Courts and the Delegate of the Government in the Region.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Royal Highness

Martes, 5 de julio de 2005
AUDIENCIA. ASOCIACIÓN DE LA PRENSA DE SEGOVIA JUNTO AL GALARDONADO CON EL XXI PREMIO DE PERIODISMO "CIRILO RODRÍGUEZ" Y MIEMBTROS DEL JURADO DEL PREMIO
Palacio de La Zarzuela. Madrid

AUDIENCIA. ASOCIACIÓN DE LA PRENSA DE MADRID Y GALARDONADOS CON LOS PREMIOS PERIODÍSTICOS 2004 DE DICHA ASOCIACIÓN
Palacio de La Zarzuela. Madrid
Old 07-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

From Terra:
http://actualidad.terra.es/provincia...pes_385491.htm

The Princes of Asturias defied on evening of this Monday the summer heat of Ciudad Real (36 degrees to the shade) to take part in the celebration of 750 anniversary of the foundation of this of La Mancha capital that is fulfilled this year.
Don Felipe and dona Letizia were got in the Town hall of Ciudad Real by the mayor, Francisco Gil Ortega, accompanied by the delegate of the Government in Castile-La Mancha, Carmen Valmorisco and the president of this community, Jose Maria Barreda. The first councillor ciudadrealeño delivered to the Princes blond Golden medal of the commemorative acts and a baby's small basket of lace of lace-bobbins and realized in Ciudad Real, a type of crafts imported from Flanders in the 16th century that, as Gil Ortega indicated, ' it is a more familiar thing and though I imagine that she will have many one of Ciudad Real is not going to lack her '.

Also in the Town hall they discovered a commemorative plate of the act before an original clock inaugurated carillon in the Major Plaza placed opposite to the town halls. This device, which incorporates automatons that represent some of the prominent figures of The Cuisse to give the hours, will be located inside the balcony of the building where the Town hall was placed between the XVIth and XIXth century.

Finally, don Felipe and dona Letizia - chairwoman of Honor's Committee of the acts of 750 anniversary of Royal(Real) City - visited the Museum Lopez Villaseñor to inaugurate the exhibition ' Ciudad Real 1255-2005 ', which crosses the history of this city since Alfonso X Wise was founding her in 1255 on what he had been an acquaintance as Well of Don Gil or Pozuelo Seco. The same year the Castilian king granted him the Letter Populates and it happened to be call RealVilla, name that derived in its current denomination. The visit realized by dona Letizia to Ciudad Real is the first one of an official nature that the future Queen effects to this capital and the second one of don Felipe since in 1998 the inheritor of the Wreath crossed five provinces of Castile-La Mancha in an official trip.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Photos from Terra:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzzl1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	165731   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzzl2.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	165732   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzzl3.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	165733  
Old 07-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Royal Highness

I see the Princess is starting to wear clothes that are loose. I like the color pink on her. I look forward to seeing more pictures.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Gentry

[QUOTE=Elsa M.]Photos from Terra:

The princess is very handsome with that dress.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I agree, Althea! Letizia is absolutely lovely in it! :)
Old 07-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can you tell me on what position did Felipe finally finish that campionship in Valencia? I have noticed somewhere that his father was better than him! i have to add here that HM the King had much better yacht than Felipe.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy

Letizia looks lovely in pink :)
Old 07-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Courtier

I believe Aifos was the last.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ias_385621.htm

Thousands of citizens, among them many people coming from other locations within the province, gave a warm and effusive welcome to the Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, who today visited Ciudad Real, on its 750th anniversary. The many demonstrations of affection were repeated not only at their arrival to the City Hall, but also when they greeted the multitude from the balcony of the consistorial building, as well as during their stroll till the headquarters of the LopezVillaseñorMuseum, where they inaugurated the exhibition Ciudad Real 1255-2005.

The expectancy around the visit was also reflected in the number of mass media accredited to the visit: 97 in all, 52 of them carrying TV and photo cameras, possibly one of the most publicised events in the history of the province.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
I believe Aifos was the last.
Yes, it was. Please see this thread:
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 3: May - July 2005
Old 07-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Royal Highness

Another pic from Terra.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71f99d641e559g.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	165785  
Old 07-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Courtier

I like this outfit. She looks very nice in it!:)
Old 07-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

Ohhh!!!! Is stuning. She look so momy Still posting.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia today was very pretty, and already the pregnancy is obvious enough. Certainly, was not shetaking purse? That I surprise it seems to me... Certainly, heat goes for it be 7 o'clock p.m., if it manages to be in the morning Letizia has to remain in house, though in this occasion it seems that they have foreseen it well. Let's expect to see more photos, apparently there were enough mass media.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Gentry

thanks for the pictures!

Letizia looks so beautiful today, i absolutley adore this dress, it makes her very feminine. :)