The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

It must be nice to always hang on the arm of big strong Felipe... I wonder how she will look while representing on her own. If she ever will...

Old 07-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Cissan@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:10 am
It must be nice to always hang on the arm of big strong Felipe... I wonder how she will look while representing on her own. If she ever will...
Eventually she will go solo, but the Royal House has decided to follow the same pattern they set with Queen Sofia when she was first married and first arrived in Spain--for a time she will share the Prince's agenda and then after some months they will start to build her own. They already have so many requests they don't know where to start, apparently.

In any case, today they were giving out a cultural award in Navarra (One of the Prince's titles, Principe de Viana, is for the kings of Navarra) at a remote monestary. They arrived in helicopter. Here are a few photos:

Inside Joke?

Just a touch of the hand and I swoon!

Felipe greets a little girl

Letizia thanks a little girl for the flowers

With the award winner

Also, here's a better look at the beautiful outfit she wore yesterday.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

She looks great in red.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

some more pictures from today...

ah, l'amour

taking a seat

Leti and her flowers

Princess Letizia

attending mass

with Navarra's regional president

and a full-length view of yesterday's outfit i like the skirt!
Old 07-01-2004, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Love that first one-so playful and happy-looking! She does look great in red, and the outfit is very sleek and flattering. Another winner for Leti! :flower:
Old 07-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Great photos. Yes, it´s a great idea for her to go along with Felipe in these early days. I mean I can just imagine how many invidividual requests for her they must have. Have to give her time to get used to it all. Also time to decide on which ones to accept! Anywyay, she looks great.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

i loved her in blue yesterday! nice, really nice, skirt! however, i don't like her in red. i don't know why, but she seems more elegant with light tones. if i'm not wrong, that outfit was the same she wore in the opening of arco.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Courtier

More pics :)

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51015369...9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51015392...9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51015471...9C30E9B9B114CE8
Old 07-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Courtier

I found this pic from yesterday in El Mundo :)

Letizia
Old 07-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Courtier

I saw the speech Felipe gave, and it was sweet because he started out by saying how this year was special because he was returning with his wife, Princess Letizia. Then he talked about culture and its role and society and all that...

Here are some photos from imagine scandinavia (not all of them, I just randomly picked some).

Exiting the helicopter
Arriving
Arriving 2
Required solemnity for playing of the national anthem.
Beautiful setting
Smiling
Felipe
Letizia
Letizia standing
Letizia and felipe standing
Old 07-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Nobility

Everyone was buzzing about Letizia Ortiz [the former TV news presenter who is marrying Spain’s Crown Prince Felipe this Saturday in Madrid] because she looked very sexy in a red dress with a sharp décolleté. She didn’t really look like a princess.
Danish designer Uffe Frank ( her made Mary's wedding dress) on what letiizia wore at the danish wedding.
link .http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/cont...=1915&zoneid=2
Old 07-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by sky@Jul 1st, 2004 - 6:27 pm
Everyone was buzzing about Letizia Ortiz [the former TV news presenter who is marrying Spain’s Crown Prince Felipe this Saturday in Madrid] because she looked very sexy in a red dress with a sharp décolleté.  She didn’t really look like a princess.
  Danish designer Uffe Frank ( her made Mary's wedding dress) on what letiizia wore at the danish wedding.                                                                   
  link  .http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/cont...=1915&zoneid=2
yes, I've read about that article. And all I can say is 'What an annoying man he is' :P With his comments like that and the wrong info about QEII bowing QM and Prince Philip to the Danish wedding, I doubt his professionalism

here is a link to a discussion about the topic.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein+Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nouwrein @ Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sky@Jul 1st, 2004 - 6:27 pm
Everyone was buzzing about Letizia Ortiz [the former TV news presenter who is marrying Spain’s Crown Prince Felipe this Saturday in Madrid] because she looked very sexy in a red dress with a sharp décolleté.* She didn’t really look like a princess.
*&nbsp; Danish designer Uffe Frank ( her made Mary&#39;s wedding dress) on what letiizia wore at the danish wedding.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
*&nbsp; link*&nbsp; .http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/cont...=1915&zoneid=2
yes, I&#39;ve read about that article. And all I can say is &#39;What an annoying man he is&#39; :P With his comments like that and the wrong info about QEII bowing QM and Prince Philip to the Danish wedding, I doubt his professionalism

here is a link to a discussion about the topic. [/b][/quote]
I completely agree with you, Nouwrein, he is annoying.

Letizia didn&#39;t have to look like a princess that week.. because (GASP) she hadn&#39;t yet married Felipe&#33;&#33;&#33; As someone from the Royal Blue forum said, he was probably jealous because Letizia stole away some of Mary&#39;s (and his, being the designer) spotlight&#33;&#33;&#33;

If someone could clarify something for me--- Country A has had a monarchy for 1000 years. Queen A has been on the throne for 25 years. Country B has had a monarchy for 600 years. Queen B has been on the throne for 50 years. Who bows to who???
Old 07-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lyonnaise@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:51 pm

If someone could clarify something for me--- Country A has had a monarchy for 1000 years. Queen A has been on the throne for 25 years. Country B has had a monarchy for 600 years. Queen B has been on the throne for 50 years. Who bows to who???
Hi

I agree it&#39;s most annoying to hear that man go on like that&#33;

And to answer your neither queen has to bow or curtsy to each other. The code of conduct are all queens & kings are of equal rank regardless of how long that particular queen or king hve reign or how old their monarchy are. But as a mark of respect, queen or king with the longest reign are seated right up the front during important ceremony (ie wedding) or will walk ahead of other reigning queens or kings.

The only person who is of higher rank than a queen or king are the emperor. So if you really want to follow protocol then all queens and kings must bow or curtsy to the emperor. but in this modern day, they don&#39;t do it anymore.

this i read it frm some history book on royalty.

hope it helps&#33;
Old 07-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein@Jul 1st, 2004 - 10:21 pm
Alisa, I think it has something to do with the lighting, I mean indoor shots are different from outdoor ones, and probably the make-up too. But I think she does not look bland at all (bland = flat, lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting), IMO :flower:
I agree with you nouwrein. I don&#39;t think Letizia looks bland in these latest pictures at all. I think she looks fabulous&#33; I love the red suit on her. She looks tanned, relaxed and refreshed from her long honeymoon, and quite energized to be back in action and to take on her new role. I&#39;m so glad to see that Letizia&#39;s wardrobe has so much colour in it, more in line with the colourful wardrobe choices of Mathilde and Maxima (although no one can quite compare to Maxima in the colourful wardrobe department&#33; :P). The "other" new Crown Princess Mary seems to dress predominantly in beige, which in my opinions is bland. Letizia mixes it up a bit more: a white suit for the Olympic lighting, a red suit for this event, a yellow suit for the King&#39;s Name Day, etc.

Viva Letizia I say&#33; :P
Old 07-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Courtier

More pic from Navarre :)

F & L posing wit the children:)

"Look, i&#39;ve your hight" :P

L&#39; amour

F & L
Old 07-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Courtier

They both look wonderful. Letizia hasn&#39;t lost that newlywed radiance yet&#33;
And again I say, she looks smashing in red.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Humble

Besides the Red color, i love that light blue on her....

This couple is beautiful and they look warm people..i am happy for that :flower:
Old 07-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Nobility

They are lovely couple; it is impossible not to be stricken by the quantity of positive energy and love that radiates from their photos together. Letizia is a lady of strong personality and stable sense of style – I believe it would even get better and better as the time passes. Particular shade of red always looks good on her, and that lovely light blue jacket flatters her figure and tanned complexion. I find it especially lovely the way He tries to match his shirt and tie shades with those on Her outfits. So sweet&#33;

Welcome back Alex, you’ve been missed. :flower:

Tags
felipe, letizia, prince of asturias, princess of asturias