The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 02:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Apr 30th, 2004 - 6:47 pm
i don't... i would also do it*

i've read it in a forum of iblnews. as the information was very complete, and as spanish press have talked very little about it, all the clues make me think it is possible that it happened.* this girl who wrote that seems to be a journalist of something like that, because otherwise she couldn't have that information.
in my opinion, it was true... i don't think that a person would wrote such things if they didn't have at least a base...
however, i just post the information that i read. maybe it's true... maybe it isn't...

(i tried to be as accurate as i could with the translation. maybe someone who knows spanish can make the corrections he/she thinks that are useful for a better understanding of the text)
http://www.iblnews.com/foros/view.php3?id=179805

LA VERDADERA HISTORIA DEL VIAJE DEL PRÍNCIPE FELIPE Y LETICIA ORTIZ AL CARIBE.
www.princesaletizia.com

(LO QUE LA CENSURA MEDIÁTICA NOS IMPIDE SABER)
Abril 2004

The article was originally from www.princesaletizia.com, you know how trash that web site was and how many rumors and lies they had created for Letizia and the Spanish Royal Family. It's the power of internet, isn't it ? Not only poeple could post their opinions and criticisms (that's OK for me, freedom of speech), they could also create rumors and lies. write something based on no facts. And those rumors and lies could just be passed around on different web sites. If there was any truth to that girl's article, Jaime Penafiel would have something new to criticize the couple (Felipe & Letizia).
The base of the article is some infos from the published article, plus some rumors created by others and some author's imagination. It's not so hard to write an article like that and the article itself was not well writen either (nothing like a journalistic article).

Old 05-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by donnaK@Apr 30th, 2004 - 4:29 pm
There were too many fictions which had been written on the internet by his fanatic fans, such as pilot testimony, Felipe's skinny girl friend, Letizia's shouting at Queen Sofia (you seriously think Felipe would have allowed this happen to his dearest Mom, plus Queen would have gone with her on dress testing in Barcelona), Letizia in comma, she had died, so and so. These women really need to get over that he is getting married.
No kidding. There were women online who were planning on going to Madrid to especially "protest" the wedding. Then, IIRC, they were planning a prayer session, hoping for divin intervention or something.

Old 05-02-2004, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The article was originally from www.princesaletizia.com, you know how trash that web site was and how many rumors and lies they had created for Letizia and the Spanish Royal Family. It's the power of internet, isn't it ? Not only poeple could post their opinions and criticisms (that's OK for me, freedom of speech), they could also create rumors and lies. write something based on no facts. And those rumors and lies could just be passed around on different web sites. If there was any truth to that girl's article, Jaime Penafiel would have something new to criticize the couple (Felipe & Letizia).
The base of the article is some infos from the published article, plus some rumors created by others and some author's imagination. It's not so hard to write an article like that and the article itself was not well writen either (nothing like a journalistic article).
i didn't know it was from prinzesa letizia! good point donna...!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-02-2004, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

This is a little bit too much in one story :P The person who wrote this fictious story, should make 4 of it, and should publish it with a few weeks space between :P Firstly the quarrel, then the coconut sorbet, then the pills and then the airport-story (ok, in the airport story could be a grain of truth-it was widely reported that there was some fuss at the airport).
But good stuff for a Telenovela or a soap opera

Anyway I though believe that Letizia is a bit touchy-but let´s give her a chance...
Old 05-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean.~@May 2nd, 2004 - 3:49 am
No kidding. There were women online who were planning on going to Madrid to especially "protest" the wedding. Then, IIRC, they were planning a prayer session, hoping for divin intervention or something.
I heard about this ...

Maybe these women are behind this story, too!
Old 05-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

well... there are lots of people in spain who dislike letizia. specially 'monarc-ics' and the inconditionals of queen sofia...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Courtier

I guess those people who do not like Letiza would gain some delight from this story (and that's all I consider it to be, a story). It's too wild to be true. Are there really women who will protest this marriage? Have they lost their minds? Why in heavens name would somebody do something like that? I might as well protest Charles dating Camilla (which I don't by the way&#33
Old 05-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Commoner

On a competing royal website(not as good as LTR), they were going to get a petition drive to stop the wedding, and I'll put money on that none of the women were Spanish. If you think this is bad, you should read some of the stuff women post here on message boards for NASCAR Nextel Cup race car drivers. Holy Cow, you wouldn't believe it.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by mgrant@May 5th, 2004 - 4:57 pm
Are there really women who will protest this marriage? Have they lost their minds? Why in heavens name would somebody do something like that? I might as well protest Charles dating Camilla (which I don't by the way&#33
It was actually several things that this group of women intended to do. Initially they were planning on going to Madrid the weekend of the wedding and protest it. The idea was floated on many royal MBs and the idea was ridiculed and mocked, and generally trivialized, although these women took it quite seriously. Then one of the women part of this protest campaign retracted on all the MBs saying that it was just a joke, and that they weren't serious and didn't really intend to go to Spain at all. Then the idea of a group prayer session was organized by these women, though less publicized than the first idea. The idea was that they would decide on a good date and time for all of them (accounting for different time zones) and everybody would pray that Felipe wouldn't marry Letizia!

I know that some people really dislike the idea of Letizia as the future Queen of Spain, or that some really like Felipe and hoped that he might be their husband one day but the idea of a protest or a prayer session was absurd. We're talking about a grown man choosing someone of his own will to spend the rest of his life with; I would think that 'the man upstairs' might have better things to deal with than to stop a wedding between two consenting adults. But that's just me, call me crazy!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@May 5th, 2004 - 7:51 pm
I would think that 'the man upstairs' might have better things to deal with than to stop a wedding between two consenting adults. 
I agree. But it was fun to read of the various plans though.

Tags
letizia, letizia ortiz