Letizia Ortiz, News and Picture Thread Part 1: November 2003 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me something here? These photos of Letizia. Now sure some of them are somewhat public(school etc.) but since she is a commoner and everything, do people send them to the magazines and they publish them? I wonder how she feels about that. I'm a private person and I know that I wouldn't want photos, good or bad, published unless they asked for my permission. That is of photos in the past. Once I become famous, it's somewhat different. I don't know. She has already been in the public eye so she has a sense of it all but I just feel sorry for her. Whole life has now been shown to the public. I mean even before she was famous. Now people know what she looks like in 2nd grade. I don't know. My heart goes out to her on this. :cry:

"Letizia went yesterday to the TVE headquarts to say goodbye to her former collegues flowers.gif Also, a funny note from yesterday that happened in Asturias tongue.gif The members of the city hall of Oviedo (the home town of Letizia) were supposed to give to Letizia the tittle of favorite daugther of the city of Oviedo, but a lapse from the mayor stoped Letizia of having the title, the mayor closed the seccion without remember of the last thing in the agenda lol.gif When he realised of the mistake, he imediatly shedueled the nomination of Letizia to next wednesday cool.gif"

I said that the first place she should go to(outside of Madrid, yuck. I can think of 2 cities I'd rather visit in Spain first. ) it would be to Oviedo on an official visit. Let's hope she does this. The returning daughter of the city is now a Princess!

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 8th, 2003 - 4:18 am
Can someone tell me something here? These photos of Letizia. Now sure some of them are somewhat public(school etc.) but since she is a commoner and everything, do people send them to the magazines and they publish them? I wonder how she feels about that. I'm a private person and I know that I wouldn't want photos, good or bad, published unless they asked for my permission. That is of photos in the past. Once I become famous, it's somewhat different. I don't know. She has already been in the public eye so she has a sense of it all but I just feel sorry for her. Whole life has now been shown to the public. I mean even before she was famous. Now people know what she looks like in 2nd grade. I don't know. My heart goes out to her on this. :cry:
Some of these pictures look like they came from her family's personal photo albums, while some others look like they could've been taken at public events (like the ballet recital), so some unknowing parent who took those pictures of another dance school classmate of their daughter's could've sold them now realizing who the little girl was and is to become. But I think for the most part they are personal family photos. I imagine that in a case such as Letizia's, the Royal House would ask her family to select a few pictures to be released to the press. Sort of like the best defence is a good offence (is that how the phrase goes?). No doubt the press would be looking for pictures of Letizia as a child, so just let her and her family choose the best ones and get it over with.

Similar cases with pictures of Mathilde and Claire of Belgium, Maxima of the Netherlands and Mette-Marit and Ari Behn of Norway, where baby and childhood pictures were released to the press in the weeks following the engagement or the weeks before the wedding.

Interestingly enough, no baby or childhood pictures of Mary Donaldson have been released. And I don't recall seeing any pictures of Marie-Chantal or Carlos Morales of Greece from their childhoods when they married into the Greek royal family. Maybe because they are not a ruling family there was not really a need?

Perhaps in this particular being on the offensive was the best policy but still I just find it rather sad.

Yahoo! News

'Princess Letizia' candies sell fast in Spain

MADRID (AFP) - A consignment of candy bars created in honour of Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, who will wed Spanish heir to the throne Prince Don Felipe de Bourbon next May, sold out in just hours.

Vicente Alonso, owner of Cafe de Vicente at Villaviciosa, a town in Rocasolano's northern native region of Asturias, said clients rushed to snap up 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of turron, a nougat-like Spanish delicacy, almost as soon as it went on sale.

Asturians are fiercely proud of the fact the 35-year-old prince has chosen one of its own to be his bride, a former television journalist born in Oviedo.

Alonso told Spanish media he had produced a special version of the almond delicacy "in homage to and with ... all the affection in the world" for Spain's future queen, who will marry Don Felipe on May 22.

The couple kept their almost year-long courtship under wraps until early November, when the royal palace announced their engagement and said they would marry in the spring.

Royal fans with a sweet tooth who managed to bag a slice had to dig deep in their pockets for the candy, replete with marzipan crown and selling at a princely 24 euros (30 dollars) a kilo.

Candy bars? How interesting. And more reason for her first official trip with Felipe to be to Oviedo.

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 9th, 2003 - 5:39 pm
Candy bars? ...
The name of the bars is "Torrón" a very famous candy in Spain (is great, i love it :rolleyes: ). It's verty popular at this time of the year B)

Out of curiosity, at the recent 25th anniversary of the Spanish constitution, did people have to curtsy or bow to Letizia? I know she is not officially the Princess of Asturias yet, but does she get this formality bestowed upon her as the future Princess of Asturias?

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 12th, 2003 - 11:35 pm
Out of curiosity, at the recent 25th anniversary of the Spanish constitution, did people have to curtsy or bow to Letizia? I know she is not officially the Princess of Asturias yet, but does she get this formality bestowed upon her as the future Princess of Asturias?
No, that will only happen when she became Princess. The first ocasion where she will people have to curtsy or bow to Letizia will be in the wedding day ;)

There is a saying that goes "I'll do everything I can whatever it takes."
So even though they are very busy with their work yet if they really want to make their relationship work so they have to find time for each other. And besides Letizia and Prince Felipe's relationship seems working very good and they are a nice pair so I think the engagement would not be called off. The Spaniards also like their future Queen so no dilemmas.

I like this item - well chosen shade of red. She is the lady with a style. :) The shoes/bag choice might be questioned, still - a very good look for Letizia. :)

I hope she gets one or two nice pieces of jewelry for Christmas. She is a stunning woman but I would like to see a little (more) sparkle w/these outfits.

Originally posted by paulette@Dec 13th, 2003 - 12:35 pm
There is a saying that goes "I'll do everything I can whatever it takes."
So even though they are very busy with their work yet if they really want to make their relationship work so they have to find time for each other. And besides Letizia and Prince Felipe's relationship seems working very good and they are a nice pair so I think the engagement would not be called off. The Spaniards also like their future Queen so no dilemmas.
No they don't. I will think that you find that most spanirds may like her as a news presenter but as the next queen of spain. No. If you don't belive me. Go to the franco-iberian message board, the infanta board, brandys, cherus cafe etc etc etc. All the opinions polls ar rigged.

I just thought the poll says about 80% pro the marriage while you said the contrary. What's your base sources? Don't tell me you depend on the "several" board, and "several"members of those boards to come to this conclusion. Tsk, Tsk, man, look further. and open your eyes.

First of all, I would like to inform all that I was not referring to the whole Spaniard population's approval on Letizia as their future queen. I know there are people in Spain who are happy of Letizia being their future queen.

I guess it is not surprising that opinions on Letizia vary - it would be unreasonable to expect that everyone share the same views regarding the issue. Especially if the fact that Spain is one of the world's most conservative catholic Monarchies is taken in consideration, no wonder that there always will be quite a few voices against devorcee future queen with non-royal background and liberal attitude. Just remember late Diana's pre-wedding torture through the mass-media worldwide - every single person on this plannet had insight (detailed) in her most personal matters such as - wether she's virgo intacta or not...ect. Poor thing. I can't imagine anyone goes through that nowdays. So let's be fair and allow Letizia to be just what we all are - a human with the right to have her faults and virtues...like we all do, after all...That doesn't mean we should not keep our populistic right to criticise - of course not, it just would be nice if we could keep it 'clean', though...:)

At least they look like they're in love. Even if it's not, as a royal fan, I'd like to believe they are :)

It'd be boring as a royal watcher if everyone agreed. I think a bit of disagreement is good. keeps people sharp (as long as they aren't sharp tongued!).

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a poll done on Dec 6 I believe that had a 60% approval rating then another on the 18 (roughly) that had 80%. These puppies are very informal, unscientific and shouldn't be believed. A 20% jump? I doubt it.

It's too easy to manipulate the results. Don't take it as gospel!

Bunky

I found this in hellomagazine.com

"18 DECEMBER 2003
Her wedding to Crown Prince Felipe is five months down the road, but TV newsreader Letizia Ortiz has already found a sweet spot in the heart of her future subjects.

In what promises to be just the beginning of "Letizia-mania", the Spanish public has snapped up a series of candies created in her honour.

The limited-edition almond-flavoured "Doña Letizia" bars were created by Vicente Alonso to be sold at his café in the future princess' home region of Asturias. Over ten kilos of the hand-made nougat-like holiday sweet, called turron, flew off the shelves in just a few hours.

Meanwhile, Felipe got his own taste of his bride's popularity as he met with directors of first division Spanish team Atletico Madrid. The handsome heir to the throne received a football kit, breaking into a smile after unfolding the shirt to reveal that the name emblazoned across the back read "Letizia"."

I love the colour (Australian spelling!) of her dress!!!

But is she wearing flat shoes? Or maybe the heels aren't high? Anyway I think she should wear higher heels. I mean I know it's probably not good for the feet and posture but we can't deny that high heels looks waaaay better - look at Princess Alexandra of Denmark who looks very good in killer heels.

Originally posted by Jasl@Jan 4th, 2004 - 5:43 pm
Anyway I think she should wear higher heels. I mean I know it's probably not good for the feet and posture but we can't deny that high heels looks waaaay better - look at Princess Alexandra of Denmark who looks very good in killer heels.
Not to mention that higher heels would bring Letizia a bit closer to her man, who is vertically blessed. :p

She is very beautiful, has brains and a personality. If the Prince is happy with her that is all that matters. I don't understand why people have to bash someone they don't even know.

EL escritor Fernando Gracia, periodista, investigador y experto en la Familia Real, ha presentado su último libro, «La Boda del Siglo», donde narra peculiaridades y secretos de la relación y el próximo enlace del Príncipe Felipe y Doña Letizia Ortiz
172009.jpg

06520957611000m01011.jpg

I certainly hope that Letizia doesn't wear a veil like this on her actual wedding day. It seems so overwhelming, especially since she is sucha petite woman.

Very interesting photos! Thank you for posting them agm!

I do have to agree with Alexandria. I hope she isn't that covered up on her wedding day! She's far too petite to have that much fabric swarming around her, but the artist's work is very good. :)

That portrait of Letizia is so gorgeous! I can't wait for her to become a princess and a future queen!

I am guessing that the tiara in the painting is just a creation of the artist and not one that Letizia will actually be wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom