The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Commoner

I love her clothes, I would love to raid her closet. I just hope she doesn't go ultra conservative.

Old 05-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Commoner

as usual gorgeous, she certainly gives Rania a run for her money
Old 05-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Royal Highness

I love her clothes :grrr:

POST MORE :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Old 05-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Nobility

It's very nice that Letizia and Maxima get on very well and that Felipe and Letizia ask for advices from the Dutch couple Its very funny that they nicknamed Letizia as 'Metizia'

Quote:
From the Benelux Messageboard
posted by Dick

Article from AD:
The European Crownprinces have known each other for years now. But after the recent marriages, a new close network has grown of future queens. Together with Mette Marit, Mathilde, Mary and Letizia, Princess Maxima has given the international royalty a new fresh image. The princesses get along very, told Maxima yesterday in Istanbul.
The princely couple talked on their last day of their visit to journalist. Maxima feels at home at the European courts. The princesses meet especially at royal weddings. “We see a lot of each other and we talk about several subjects”, says Maxima. She also gets along very fine with the newly wed wife of the Spanish crown prince. She finds it ‘very nice’ to talk in Spanish with Letizia.

According to Willem-Alexander the newly weds ask Maxima for advice. In the recent years all crown princes have married non royal brides. They are not yet familiair with royal protocol, so can need some advice. “Maxima has some experience now” says Willem-Alexander. Maxima is more modest about her advices: “Every Royal House is different and every person is different”.

Maxima has big plans with her ‘future queens’ club. “I do not rule out, that in future we are going to do something together” she says. The princesses are also starting to give each other nick names. Letizia is been called ‘Metizia’ because all the names of the other princesses start with a ‘M’.

During the three days visit. the couple is impressed by quick changes the country is going through. The Turks are looking forward to joining the European union. William Alexander did not want to comment on that, because of his position. “But we talked with several people about this. With the Prime Minister, but also with the young people from Anatolië”. Says the prince.

The couple went on this trip for the first time without Princess Amalia. “I miss her enormously, and I call a lot” tells Maxima. However, Willem-Alexander and Maxima will have to go on more trips without their little daughter in future. Especially the young mother ‘does not look forward to that’. But Willem-Alexander said that is was better to leave her at home. “It’s no use in taking her from hotel to hotel and can not see her anyway”.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:02 AM
Aristocracy

:(IF YOU SAW PRINCESS LETIZIA AT THE WEDDING OF THE KING OF JORDON BROTHERS WEDDING SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE AS LOST MORE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Serene Highness

These are impressive! She looks so thin though.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Princepessa+May 23rd, 2004 - 5:05 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Princepessa &#064; May 23rd, 2004 - 5:05 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by xicamaluca@May 23rd, 2004 - 2:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Princepessa
Quote:
@May 23rd, 2004 - 3:46 pm
How do you pronounce her name?
Is it Li-ti-zee-a or li-tee-sha

Her name is pronaounced Le-ti-Zii-a
Thank you :flower:
Some people pronounce it li-tee-sha [/b][/quote]
in fact, in spanish it&#39;s pronounced l e (as in get) t ee th (foe example in teeth) ee a or some people (mostly in the south of spain) pronounce it l e (as in get) t i s (as in sight) i a (nearly the same pronountiation as laetitia in french)

- l e (as in get) t ee th (foe example in teeth) ee a
- l e (as in get) t i s (as in sight) ee a
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Nobility

Letizia looks so young in this pic, anybody knows how old was she in this pic? maybe still a teenager?

http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...izia/foto_2.jpg
Old 06-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Nobility

well, i think we can start getting used to the fact that letizia is blessed with one of those very tender frames and that most likely it comes rather natural to her. taken her CV i guess the woman is ambitious, intelligent, knows what she wants and how to get it and not inactive ever. having a mother like that myself, i can tell you: those people lose weight without noticing when they are busier than usual (wedding) and simply have a high metabolism. anyway, thats just her, probably the only european crown-princess that does not have to constantly think about her weight; good for her:-)

also: yes, she is also the only european crown princess that rivals queen rania of jordan in cat-awlk-beauty-potential. i wouldnt call them the most beautiful CPs but they certainly fit into todays beauty standards.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 6th, 2003 - 2:48 pm
Even with her white outfit, she wore black heels.

Is she just a "black heels" type ?
[B][COLOR=red]
she is Spanish .. its customary for Spanish women to wear heels and show their legs.. in her case she is beautiful and young why not.. she dresses like a lady .. she has great taste.. good for her.. maybe she will turn around this fashion trend where women look sloppy .. i love how she dresses..
Old 06-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 1st, 2004 - 6:27 am
These are impressive&#33; She looks so thin though.
can you imageine the pressure she was under.. the eyes of Europe were on her.. as well as the world.. I give her a lot of credit.. i wish her happiness..
Old 06-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Royal Highness

she looks good in heels.

That&#39;s good for Felipe too ..... she&#39;s taller then.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Jun 5th, 2004 - 3:19 pm
well, i think we can start getting used to the fact that letizia is blessed with one of those very tender frames and that most likely it comes rather natural to her.
Have you seen her sisters? All three of them are thin and with the same small but shapley frames--her sister Thelma is even skinner then Letizia. I think it is natural--although I&#39;m sure with the nerves of the wedding she lost a couple of pounds. When I got married I lost 15 pounds--I wish I could do the same now&#33;&#33;&#33;
Old 06-11-2004, 03:20 AM
Nobility

Hi&#33; Can anybody here be kind enough to translate this article. It looks like its an interview with Letizia But i&#39;m not sure what it says there. Tnx :flower:

http://www.letiziaortizonline.com/entrevista.php
Old 06-11-2004, 06:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein@Jun 11th, 2004 - 6:20 am
Hi&#33; Can anybody here be kind enough to translate this article. It looks like its an interview with Letizia But i&#39;m not sure what it says there. Tnx :flower:

http://www.letiziaortizonline.com/entrevista.php
Yes, is an interview with Letizia. I belive that is a part (or the total) from an interview that she gave to spanish newspaper ABC in late August (she worked to ABC). She spokes about her caree as a jornalist and the important news that she covered
Old 06-11-2004, 07:30 AM
Nobility

Thanks Xicamaluca, I thought its an interview she gave during the time of the engagement.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein@Jun 5th, 2004 - 5:18 am
Letizia looks so young in this pic, anybody knows how old was she in this pic? maybe still a teenager?

http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...izia/foto_2.jpg
A natural beauty, quite unlike some makeup beauties. :P

Closed Thread

Tags
letizia, letizia ortiz