Letizia Ortiz, News and Picture Thread Part 1: November 2003 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in a German newspaper that she went down to 49 kg..perhaps she'll gain some weight during her honeymoon..

:wacko: Yes, I'm sure the wedding preparations caused her to lose weight, so now she can realx and eat more, get a little more fullness and roundness to her face and figure. I hate to see very attractive women starving themselves into boney-ness :angry: . Much better to see a little flesh and weight (and I'm sure Felipe wouldn't mind more Letizia at any rate! :lol: )

I think she is way too thin. She was already too thin even before her wedding, but on her wedding day she was disguisingly thiner. IMO, I think CP Mary looked much better on her wedding day than Leticiza because she was a lot healthier. I really don't understand why so many women who are already very thin and beautiful feel the need to lose even more weight before their wedding. All this does is cause more and more eater disorders as young girls feel they have been to be superthin like Lectiza.

Yeah, she is thin but that was probably due to stress. Hopefully that all over now. :p

Originally posted by samitude@May 25th, 2004 - 9:38 pm
Aren't catholics traditionally against birth control?
It's frowned upon. The Church believes that the only acceptable method of "birth control" is the rhythm method :p which I can tell you does NOT work, because here I am!

Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody+May 25th, 2004 - 9:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moonlightrhapsody @ May 25th, 2004 - 9:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-samitude@May 25th, 2004 - 9:38 pm
It's frowned upon. The Church believes that the only acceptable method of "birth control" is the rhythm method :p which I can tell you does NOT work, because here I am! [/b][/quote]
What is the rhythum method? Just had to ask!

Originally posted by chanel+May 25th, 2004 - 9:43 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chanel @ May 25th, 2004 - 9:43 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody@May 25th, 2004 - 9:41 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-samitude
@May 25th, 2004 - 9:38 pm

It's frowned upon. The Church believes that the only acceptable method of "birth control" is the rhythm method :p which I can tell you does NOT work, because here I am!
What is the rhythum method? Just had to ask! [/b][/quote]
Rhythm Method is when you guess which days you're fertile by your menstruation cycle. I believe it's about five to seven days after the bleeding stops that they say you're unlikely to concieve, but like I said, it's VERY unreliable. A woman's period can have regular variations therefore, it's not a good way of birth control.

I love her clothes, I would love to raid her closet. I just hope she doesn't go ultra conservative.

I love her clothes :lol: :grrr: :lol: :lol: :lol:

POST MORE :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

It's very nice that Letizia and Maxima get on very well and that Felipe and Letizia ask for advices from the Dutch couple ;) Its very funny that they nicknamed Letizia as 'Metizia' :lol:

From the Benelux Messageboard
posted by Dick

Article from AD:
The European Crownprinces have known each other for years now. But after the recent marriages, a new close network has grown of future queens. Together with Mette Marit, Mathilde, Mary and Letizia, Princess Maxima has given the international royalty a new fresh image. The princesses get along very, told Maxima yesterday in Istanbul.
The princely couple talked on their last day of their visit to journalist. Maxima feels at home at the European courts. The princesses meet especially at royal weddings. “We see a lot of each other and we talk about several subjects”, says Maxima. She also gets along very fine with the newly wed wife of the Spanish crown prince. She finds it ‘very nice’ to talk in Spanish with Letizia.

According to Willem-Alexander the newly weds ask Maxima for advice. In the recent years all crown princes have married non royal brides. They are not yet familiair with royal protocol, so can need some advice. “Maxima has some experience now” says Willem-Alexander. Maxima is more modest about her advices: “Every Royal House is different and every person is different”.

Maxima has big plans with her ‘future queens’ club. “I do not rule out, that in future we are going to do something together” she says. The princesses are also starting to give each other nick names. Letizia is been called ‘Metizia’ because all the names of the other princesses start with a ‘M’.

During the three days visit. the couple is impressed by quick changes the country is going through. The Turks are looking forward to joining the European union. William Alexander did not want to comment on that, because of his position. “But we talked with several people about this. With the Prime Minister, but also with the young people from Anatolië”. Says the prince.

The couple went on this trip for the first time without Princess Amalia. “I miss her enormously, and I call a lot” tells Maxima. However, Willem-Alexander and Maxima will have to go on more trips without their little daughter in future. Especially the young mother ‘does not look forward to that’. But Willem-Alexander said that is was better to leave her at home. “It’s no use in taking her from hotel to hotel and can not see her anyway”.

:(IF YOU SAW PRINCESS LETIZIA AT THE WEDDING OF THE KING OF JORDON BROTHERS WEDDING SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE AS LOST MORE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Princepessa+May 23rd, 2004 - 5:05 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Princepessa @ May 23rd, 2004 - 5:05 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by xicamaluca@May 23rd, 2004 - 2:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Princepessa
@May 23rd, 2004 - 3:46 pm
How do you pronounce her name?
Is it Li-ti-zee-a or li-tee-sha

Her name is pronaounced Le-ti-Zii-a ;)
Thank you :flower:
Some people pronounce it li-tee-sha [/b][/quote]
in fact, in spanish it's pronounced l e (as in get) t ee th (foe example in teeth) ee a or some people (mostly in the south of spain) pronounce it l e (as in get) t i s (as in sight) i a (nearly the same pronountiation as laetitia in french)

- l e (as in get) t ee th (foe example in teeth) ee a
- l e (as in get) t i s (as in sight) ee a

well, i think we can start getting used to the fact that letizia is blessed with one of those very tender frames and that most likely it comes rather natural to her. taken her CV i guess the woman is ambitious, intelligent, knows what she wants and how to get it and not inactive ever. having a mother like that myself, i can tell you: those people lose weight without noticing when they are busier than usual (wedding) and simply have a high metabolism. anyway, thats just her, probably the only european crown-princess that does not have to constantly think about her weight; good for her:)

also: yes, she is also the only european crown princess that rivals queen rania of jordan in cat-awlk-beauty-potential. i wouldnt call them the most beautiful CPs but they certainly fit into todays beauty standards.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 6th, 2003 - 2:48 pm
Even with her white outfit, she wore black heels.

Is she just a "black heels" type ?

she is Spanish .. its customary for Spanish women to wear heels and show their legs.. in her case she is beautiful and young why not.. she dresses like a lady .. she has great taste.. good for her.. maybe she will turn around this fashion trend where women look sloppy .. i love how she dresses..

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 1st, 2004 - 6:27 am
These are impressive! She looks so thin though.
can you imageine the pressure she was under.. the eyes of Europe were on her.. as well as the world.. I give her a lot of credit.. i wish her happiness..

she looks good in heels.

That's good for Felipe too ..... she's taller then. ;)

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Jun 5th, 2004 - 3:19 pm
well, i think we can start getting used to the fact that letizia is blessed with one of those very tender frames and that most likely it comes rather natural to her.
Have you seen her sisters? All three of them are thin and with the same small but shapley frames--her sister Thelma is even skinner then Letizia. I think it is natural--although I'm sure with the nerves of the wedding she lost a couple of pounds. When I got married I lost 15 pounds--I wish I could do the same now!!!

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jun 11th, 2004 - 6:20 am
Hi! Can anybody here be kind enough to translate this article. It looks like its an interview with Letizia :blush: But i'm not sure what it says there. Tnx :flower:

http://www.letiziaortizonline.com/entrevista.php
Yes, is an interview with Letizia. I belive that is a part (or the total) from an interview that she gave to spanish newspaper ABC in late August (she worked to ABC). She spokes about her caree as a jornalist and the important news that she covered ;)

Thanks Xicamaluca, I thought its an interview she gave during the time of the engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom