The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

Can you imagine how short the grandmother must be!!!

Old 12-23-2003, 11:19 AM
Nobility

I like this item - well chosen shade of red. She is the lady with a style. :) The shoes/bag choice might be questioned, still - a very good look for Letizia. :)

Old 12-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Nobility

I hope she gets one or two nice pieces of jewelry for Christmas. She is a stunning woman but I would like to see a little (more) sparkle w/these outfits.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by paulette@Dec 13th, 2003 - 12:35 pm
There is a saying that goes "I'll do everything I can whatever it takes."
So even though they are very busy with their work yet if they really want to make their relationship work so they have to find time for each other. And besides Letizia and Prince Felipe's relationship seems working very good and they are a nice pair so I think the engagement would not be called off. The Spaniards also like their future Queen so no dilemmas.
No they don't. I will think that you find that most spanirds may like her as a news presenter but as the next queen of spain. No. If you don't belive me. Go to the franco-iberian message board, the infanta board, brandys, cherus cafe etc etc etc. All the opinions polls ar rigged.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

I just thought the poll says about 80% pro the marriage while you said the contrary. What's your base sources? Don't tell me you depend on the "several" board, and "several"members of those boards to come to this conclusion. Tsk, Tsk, man, look further. and open your eyes.
Old 12-25-2003, 04:44 AM
Courtier

First of all, I would like to inform all that I was not referring to the whole Spaniard population's approval on Letizia as their future queen. I know there are people in Spain who are happy of Letizia being their future queen.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 12-25-2003, 07:16 PM
Nobility

I guess it is not surprising that opinions on Letizia vary - it would be unreasonable to expect that everyone share the same views regarding the issue. Especially if the fact that Spain is one of the world's most conservative catholic Monarchies is taken in consideration, no wonder that there always will be quite a few voices against devorcee future queen with non-royal background and liberal attitude. Just remember late Diana's pre-wedding torture through the mass-media worldwide - every single person on this plannet had insight (detailed) in her most personal matters such as - wether she's virgo intacta or not...ect. Poor thing. I can't imagine anyone goes through that nowdays. So let's be fair and allow Letizia to be just what we all are - a human with the right to have her faults and virtues...like we all do, after all...That doesn't mean we should not keep our populistic right to criticise - of course not, it just would be nice if we could keep it 'clean', though...:)
Old 12-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Courtier

At least they look like they're in love. Even if it's not, as a royal fan, I'd like to believe they are :)

It'd be boring as a royal watcher if everyone agreed. I think a bit of disagreement is good. keeps people sharp (as long as they aren't sharp tongued!).
Old 12-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Gentry

There was a poll done on Dec 6 I believe that had a 60% approval rating then another on the 18 (roughly) that had 80%. These puppies are very informal, unscientific and shouldn't be believed. A 20% jump? I doubt it.

It's too easy to manipulate the results. Don't take it as gospel!

Bunky
Old 01-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Nobility

I found this in hellomagazine.com

"18 DECEMBER 2003
Her wedding to Crown Prince Felipe is five months down the road, but TV newsreader Letizia Ortiz has already found a sweet spot in the heart of her future subjects.

In what promises to be just the beginning of "Letizia-mania", the Spanish public has snapped up a series of candies created in her honour.

The limited-edition almond-flavoured "Doña Letizia" bars were created by Vicente Alonso to be sold at his café in the future princess' home region of Asturias. Over ten kilos of the hand-made nougat-like holiday sweet, called turron, flew off the shelves in just a few hours.

Meanwhile, Felipe got his own taste of his bride's popularity as he met with directors of first division Spanish team Atletico Madrid. The handsome heir to the throne received a football kit, breaking into a smile after unfolding the shirt to reveal that the name emblazoned across the back read "Letizia"."
Old 01-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Courtier

I love the colour (Australian spelling&#33 of her dress!!!

But is she wearing flat shoes? Or maybe the heels aren't high? Anyway I think she should wear higher heels. I mean I know it's probably not good for the feet and posture but we can't deny that high heels looks waaaay better - look at Princess Alexandra of Denmark who looks very good in killer heels.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasl@Jan 4th, 2004 - 5:43 pm
Anyway I think she should wear higher heels. I mean I know it's probably not good for the feet and posture but we can't deny that high heels looks waaaay better - look at Princess Alexandra of Denmark who looks very good in killer heels.
Not to mention that higher heels would bring Letizia a bit closer to her man, who is vertically blessed. :P
Old 01-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Royal Highness

She is very beautiful, has brains and a personality. If the Prince is happy with her that is all that matters. I don't understand why people have to bash someone they don't even know.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Courtier

EL escritor Fernando Gracia, periodista, investigador y experto en la Familia Real, ha presentado su último libro, «La Boda del Siglo», donde narra peculiaridades y secretos de la relación y el próximo enlace del Príncipe Felipe y Doña Letizia Ortiz

Old 01-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I certainly hope that Letizia doesn't wear a veil like this on her actual wedding day. It seems so overwhelming, especially since she is sucha petite woman.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

Very interesting photos! Thank you for posting them agm!

I do have to agree with Alexandria. I hope she isn't that covered up on her wedding day! She's far too petite to have that much fabric swarming around her, but the artist's work is very good. :)
Old 01-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Courtier

the tiara, however, looks splendid on her :)
Old 01-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Gentry

That portrait of Letizia is so gorgeous! I can't wait for her to become a princess and a future queen!
Old 01-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Old 01-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Royal Highness

I am guessing that the tiara in the painting is just a creation of the artist and not one that Letizia will actually be wearing?

Tags
letizia, letizia ortiz