This is posted by Anne at GREMB
link to more photos

Old 08-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Nobility

Que guapa!

Old 08-04-2004, 06:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein+Aug 3rd, 2004 - 11:28 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nouwrein @ Aug 3rd, 2004 - 11:28 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-liliawodna@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 10:59 am
Letizia:
http://www.elperiodico.com/vivo/recursos/foto_67050.jpg

http://www.elperiodico.com/EDICION/ED04080...07/f002zh01.jpg
Thanks for the lovely photos liliawodna. here&#39;s one more lovely pic

This is posted by Anne at GREMB
link to more photos [/b][/quote]
is that the competion? that website does not have as good a layout as this one
Old 08-04-2004, 06:32 AM
Majesty

it was said that letizia was angry with the press because they took photos of her legs and her mini-pants...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is just to stupid, if you do not want the press to take picture of your mini pants, dont wear them. Its the same with Madeleine, who were upset with all the pictures of her breasts at the nobel prize two years ago, when she showed up in one of the most low cut, sexy dresses any royal lady has ever worn, to the most formal night in Sweden, what did she expect. You cant blame the press for takeing pictures of what is served to them...
Old 08-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Aug 4th, 2004 - 5:32 am
it was said that letizia was angry with the press because they took photos of her legs and her mini-pants...
Another rumor perhaps ? If she was angry, she wouldn&#39;t have been wearing the mini-pants repeatedly.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by donnaK+Aug 4th, 2004 - 8:46 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donnaK @ Aug 4th, 2004 - 8:46 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carlota@Aug 4th, 2004 - 5:32 am
Another rumor perhaps ? If she was angry, she wouldn&#39;t have been wearing the mini-pants repeatedly. [/b][/quote]
yes, you have a point there donnaK. It&#39;s just a rumor...
Old 08-05-2004, 03:43 AM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by rarotonga@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 11:44 pm
Que guapa&#33;
si..guaptiiiiiiiisima
Old 08-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Majesty

felipe, letizia, sofia and irene of greece visited the museu d&#39;art contemporani de palma de majorca.

http://estaticos.elmundo.es/elmundo/fotos_...tos_gente_0.jpg
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Aug 5th, 2004 - 4:05 am
felipe, letizia, sofia and irene of greece visited the museu d&#39;art contemporani de palma de majorca.

Love those sexy shoes&#33;
Old 08-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Aug 5th, 2004 - 4:05 am

Amaizing pic is some more???????????????????????????

Old 08-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

I have met CP Letizia once when she was working for tv . And she&#39;s adorable &#33;
A very sweet person

Love
Emilia
Old 08-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Emilia@Aug 6th, 2004 - 10:49 am
I have met CP Letizia once when she was working for tv . And she&#39;s adorable &#33;
A very sweet person

Love
Emilia
Thanks for sharing. I&#39;ve always thought she seemed like a sweet, but strong person.

Since you&#39;ve met her in the flesh, maybe you then can answer the great mystery: just how tall or short is she?
Old 08-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

It&#39;s right what you said Lucys , she&#39;s a very strong and sweet person . And she&#39;s very short en so thin &#33; But I believe she&#39;s now even thinner &#33;

Love
Emilia :flower:
Old 08-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Majesty

letizia and felipe were yesterday in jaume anglada&#39;s concert

http://www.diariodemallorca.es/media/fotos...-foto-1-bis.jpg
http://www.diariodemallorca.es/media/fotos...s32ac-2-bis.jpg
Old 08-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Aug 4th, 2004 - 6:32 am
Don&#39;t know "why" she&#39;d be angry ... her legs are quite beautiful and shapely. The whole series of photos (while she is in the boat) are some of the best photos I&#39;ve seen of her. She looks fantastic ~ even with windblown hair, a cap, and sunglasses.

Elizajane :flower:
Old 08-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Courtier

El Semanal Digital, an online independent newspaper and comentary publication had an interesting piece on Letizia. It&#39;s always treated Letizia fairly, but not fawningly—they have been neither overly critical nor overly forgiving. It is entitled "A Spectacular Success: Doña Letizia has become the star of the Borbones" and introduces the article by saying that "The criticisms from before and after the wedding have been left behind and the summer of 2004 has consecrated Doña Letizia as the great star of the Borbones, a loved and respected woman."

A few paragraphs are interesting, like the first one which says:

"8 of August. That the Prince is another person, nobody is in doubt. That the Royal Family has received Doña Letizia with open arms is also no secret. But that in so short a time Doña Letizia has become the most popular European Princess and the female royalty most photographed is a phenomenon that has surprised even Don Juan Carlos."

It goes on to describe in detail everything that unfolded yesterday when she showed up with Felipe at the Nautical Club. Such as these details:

The Real Club Nautical of Palma lived, for example, on Friday from eleven in the morning to twelve of the noon, the most intense hour since the King&#39;s Cup started last Monday. Arriving hand-in-hand with Prince Felipe and accompanied by Their Majesties the King and Queen, Doña Letizia Ortiz stepped into the sport facilities for the first time. And the debut had all the ingredients of great occasions: accredited reporters pushing and shoving, bodyguards more nervous than is habitual, the organizers looking for their place in the picture and an anonymous multitude of people with digital cameras in hand acting as unexpected reporters.

The protagonist smiled resolute and interchanged commentaries with the Queen, but at no moment was she overwhelmed by having to support so much attention. Dressed in white trousers and pink t-shirt and after posing with the Prince and the Kings on the terrace of the Nautical, she accompanied them to the cafeteria, where she sat next to the Prince and the Queen at a table in one of the corners of the premises and shared animated conversation with the other reagatta partcipants that were there.

Soon they were joined by the Infanta Cristina … The bar was the refuge that protected them from the reporters who awaited their opportunity behind the security cord that the bodygurads had mounted in the terrace, where everything was nerves as they all tried to obtain one more photo of the Princess.

So much so, that when the King, at eleven twenty, left the cafeteria to embark next to his crew in the rubber dinghy that habitually takes him until the dockage of the Bribon, no camera went off and no reporter followed him. The King walked past the group of photographers like just another participant.

It then goes on to describe every step the Queen and Letizia made after Felipe and Crista left for the race and the conversations with the reporters --she apparently told reporters that she had worn the same outfit every day she watched the race from a boat in hopes they would tire of the same old picture.

The article concludes that she has charmed everyone with her sincerity, warmth and discretion.

Reactions?

The original in Spanish
Old 08-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for translating the article Lucys:)

Interesting indeed&#33;
Old 08-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by lucys@Aug 7th, 2004 - 6:50 pm
El Semanal Digital, an online independent newspaper and comentary publication had an interesting piece on Letizia. It&#39;s always treated Letizia fairly, but not fawningly—they have been neither overly critical nor overly forgiving. It is entitled "A Spectacular Success: Doña Letizia has become the star of the Borbones" and introduces the article by saying that "The criticisms from before and after the wedding have been left behind and the summer of 2004 has consecrated Doña Letizia as the great star of the Borbones, a loved and respected woman."
Thanks for this translation of the article lucys. while I certainly like Letizia very much and have been very impressed with her, I realize that the article is from a Spanish soruce and is likely to be bias in favour of Letizia. (I think the Danish media would argue here that Letizia is the rising star of all the European princesses. ) I certainly think that Letizia is a rising star in Spain, but not necessarily amongst all the European princesses. I think that Letizia is currently experiencing what all the other princesses experienced when they married into their respective royal families: She is new and somewhat a novelty and so a very fascinating subject to cover. Look at Maxima and Mette-Marit and Mathilde.

I do find it interesting however that the King was able to pass by the hordes of press without a single picture being snapped of him because all the photographers were too busy watching Letizia&#33;

And I am happy to read that any criticisms or concerns of Letizia prior to the wedding have been cast aside and that Letizia has proven that she will be a great asset to the Spanish royal family. It seems that her hard work and that non-stop schedule post-wedding paid off.

Old 08-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Commoner

Letizia Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari0915
She has not had her nose done and if she has I'd want my money back. I like her the best out of all the CPs but she has an awful profile, if I were her I'd never let anyone photograph me from the side.
I think Letizia is absolutley stunning and a great asset to the Spanish RF but she does not have a nice profile. I thought I was the only one who noticed it. I do not think her nose was done. I think the only princess who might have had a nose job would be Maxima.

Closed Thread

Tags
letizia, letizia ortiz