The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 06:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by lori@Jun 13th, 2004 - 1:27 am
A natural beauty
surely... letizia is a really beautiful princess and will be a really beautiful and elegant queen

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:10 am
surely... letizia ... will be a really beautiful and elegant queen
You are convinced she will become HM The Queen of Spain

Does that mean you are convinced Spain will remain a monarchy

after King Juan Carlos has died ?

Old 06-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by anna+Jun 14th, 2004 - 3:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anna @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 3:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carlota@Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:10 am

after King Juan Carlos has died ? [/b][/quote]
why not?
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by anna+Jun 14th, 2004 - 3:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (anna @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 3:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carlota@Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:10 am

Shall I consider this a jealousy of the newly wed royal couple...
Old 06-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

How can ANYBODY make a question whether a poster actually believes the monarchy will go on in Spain past the living King into a question on jealousy ?????

It is beyond me &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Because I don&#39;t believe whoever the Crownprince had chosen to marry would matter in this question.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

When Swedish TV broadcasted the spanish wedding the commentators said that the spanish people is not so much royalists as they are "Juan Carlosists". He said that he beleived that the spanish monarchy would have a much more weak position after Juan Carlos is gone.

I can&#39;t judge on this, maybe some spanish member can tell us if there is any truth in this...
Old 06-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Majesty

people in spain are not very &#39;royal&#39; in the pure sense of the word. spain is a very republican country, although (and i know it&#39;s confusing if you don&#39;t live it) republicans don&#39;t really have problems with juan carlos. people like him so much because he has done a lot of things for spain when for example the problem of 23F with tejero molina. he really loves spain and that&#39;s why people love him a lot. felipe does not inspire the same image to spanish people as juan carlos. however, we will see...
Old 06-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Jun 14th, 2004 - 11:58 am
people in spain are not very &#39;royal&#39; in the pure sense of the word. spain is a very republican country, although (and i know it&#39;s confusing if you don&#39;t live it) republicans don&#39;t really have problems with juan carlos. people like him so much because he has done a lot of things for spain when for example the problem of 23F with tejero molina. he really loves spain and that&#39;s why people love him a lot. felipe does not inspire the same image to spanish people as juan carlos. however, we will see...
There is a thread on the board to discuss this topic--perhaps those wishing to discuss this could do so at that thread? It&#39;s a complicated topic because Spain&#39;s political history over the last 100 years is complicated and rather different from other western european countries.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by anna@Jun 14th, 2004 - 9:30 am
How can ANYBODY make a question whether a poster actually believes the monarchy will go on in Spain past the living King into a question on jealousy ?????

Because I don&#39;t believe whoever the Crownprince had chosen to marry would matter in this question.
You have a tendency to discount spain&#39;s couple, there must be some reasons that other posters don&#39;t know but could guess, and since you can&#39;t predict the future and like most, jelousy is the most reasonable guess. :P
Old 06-15-2004, 01:17 AM
Nobility

Good one lori

Anna, i think you are the same Anna in Royal Blue
Old 06-16-2004, 04:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by lori+Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:09 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lori &#064; Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:09 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by anna@Jun 14th, 2004 - 9:30 am

You have a tendency to discount spain&#39;s couple, there must be some reasons that other posters don&#39;t know but could guess, and since you can&#39;t predict the future and like most, jelousy is the most reasonable guess. :P[/b]

Hmmm, is that really a comment based solely on my LTR posts ?

Or from elsewhere like these Letizia The Best, compared to the other excellent

<!--QuoteBegin-nouwrein
@Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:17 am
anna, I think you are the same anna in Royal Blue [/quote]
of course I am - same typing of name, same avatar, same member title + my LTR signature is a link to RB

I am still unable to understand how a question on whether a particular poster actually believes in a continued spanish monarchy after King Juan Carlos can be interpreted as jealousy

Thanks carlota for kind of answering the question directed to you :)
Old 06-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Aristocracy

Until the monarch is overthrown, nobody knows what will happen which includes you.
Yes, I have moved around boards, and mostly I view boards as a visitor, just view pictures and so forth, I don&#39;t comment much. Yes, I did notice your posts on other boards, You do make your stands known. And everywhere you go you just want to trash F and L. That&#39;s fine until it gets tedious and for no good reasons such as this spainish royal family will fall in the immediate future. That&#39;s for spainish people to care, I wouldn&#39;t.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:01 AM
Courtier

You know what would be really excellent? TO have a board with good or neutral opinions and to avoid comarisons. Ok that&#39;s unrealistic, but its just that I watched the Danish Royal RF wedding again and you know what? all the royals there talked and laughed with each other. But in message boards over the net, its always has to be "this princess is better than that" or whatever, when in fact, these people we all talk about all seem to get along in real life.

Ok that was o/t&#33; But I have to agree... I dont want to see the downfall of the Spanish monarchy either. Here&#39;s hoping that they all survive and adapt well in these modern times&#33;&#33;

Now back to the topic: Letizia Ortiz&#33;
Old 06-17-2004, 01:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
lori Posted on Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:09 am
You have a tendency to discount spain&#39;s couple, there must be some reasons that other posters don&#39;t know but could guess, and since you can&#39;t predict the future and like most, jelousy is the most reasonable&nbsp; guess.
Quote:
lori Posted on Jun 17th, 2004 - 3:11 am
Until the monarch is overthrown, nobody knows what will happen which includes you.
Yes, I have moved around boards, and mostly I view boards as a visitor, just view pictures and so forth, I don&#39;t comment much. Yes, I did notice your posts on other boards, You do make your stands known. And everywhere you go you just want to trash F and L. That&#39;s fine until it gets tedious and for no good reasons such as this spainish royal family will fall in the immediate future. That&#39;s for spainish people to care, I wouldn&#39;t.
I have never ever trashed Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano anywhere &#33;

She is simply the best HRH Crown Prince Felipe of Spain could have possibly chosen for a wife, is actually what I have written.

I have never ever stated I know how the future will be - not for Spain - not for the world &#33;

Or do you believe King Juan Carlos will die in the immediate future ?

To question or to believe doesn&#39;t equal knowledge.

Oh I see; you must be confusing me with another poster who has spend hours a day forever to inform us on the future according to her sciences

However, I do recent your posts as I regard as an attack &#33;

Prove my tedious trashing, please.

On LTR members may click on a member&#39;s name - then on Find all posts by this member - on RB you don&#39;t even have to be a member to do that - go on and read to see if lori&#39;s accusations is correct &#33;
Old 06-17-2004, 01:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Anna, the above quote is an example. The previous posters were just commenting on Letizia&#39;s natural beauty (and as she is the Princess of Asturias she could be a Queen of Spain, and if ever she&#39;ll be, the poster said Letizia will be a really beautiful and elegant queen). But suddenly, you replied like that? And you even laughed? :o
Old 06-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasl@Jun 16th, 2004 - 11:01 pm
You know what would be really excellent? TO have a board with good or neutral opinions and to avoid comarisons. Ok that&#39;s unrealistic, but its just that I watched the Danish Royal RF wedding again and you know what? all the royals there talked and laughed with each other. But in message boards over the net, its always has to be "this princess is better than that" or whatever, when in fact, these people we all talk about all seem to get along in real life.

I know this is off topic but I SOOOO agree with you. I&#39;ve stopped visting most boards because all they do is compare people and trash people. Each of these royals--like all people in the world--have strenghts and weaknesses. Why does my favorite have to be the best? She doesn&#39;t. She&#39;s just my favorite and when it comes to people there is no such thing as best&#33;

Anyhow...back to Princess Letizia...
Old 06-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Gentry

Done.

:grrr:
Old 06-22-2004, 08:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by samitude@May 25th, 2004 - 9:38 pm
Aren&#39;t catholics traditionally against birth control?
Whilst the Catholic Church itself is against artificial birth control, it is fair to say most Catholics themselves (at least in Europe) take a more restrained view on the matter and do use it.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by theprincess@May 25th, 2004 - 4:52 pm
IMO, I think CP Mary looked much better on her wedding day than Leticiza because she was a lot healthier.
Well, back to subject...

I thought Mary looked more thin and p-a-l-e than Letizia. I didn&#39;t react the same way to Letizia&#39;s &#39;thin-ness&#39; as I did to Mary&#39;s as Letizia was more covered up than Mary. Sorry, but it wasn&#39;t flattering at all to see Mary in that dress.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Tags
letizia, letizia ortiz