King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 13: October 2006 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inauguration of the Exhibition " Extremadura in the History. Times of Patrimony "
Center of Exhibitions San Jorge. Caceres

From terra

http://www.diariodirecto.com/publicaciones_agencias/ultimahora/int/EP20061031172610.html

The Kings will realize a visit of State to Algeria in January or February, 2007

The Kings, don Juan Carlos and dona Sofía, will realize a visit of State to Algeria in January or February, 2007, as announced the minister of Foreign Affairs and of Cooperation, Miguel Ángel Moratinos, and his Algerian counterpart, Mohamed Bedjaoui, in wheel of joint press in Madrid.

Moratinos confirmed that next December 12 there will be celebrated the Meeting III of High Level Hispanic - Algerian (RAN) and that the delegations will be headed in Algiers by the Algerian president, Abdelaziz Buteflika, and the prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero.

Already in 2007 and " not later of ends of February ", as the Spanish minister explained, there will take place the visit of State of Their Majesties to this Maghrebian country with the aim to demonstrate the " excellent relations " that have in these moments Spain and Algeria.

Moratinos underlined that Spain wants in these next months " to reinforce the principles and development " of the strategic political association that both countries have in effect for of this form achieve an energetic partenariado, in topics of control of the illegal immigration, safety and struggle against the mafias and the terrorism.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/ed_corunia/noticia.jsp?CAT=127&TEXTO=5244805

The King will preside at the program of acts of 800 anniversary of the city

In the year 1208, the king Alfonso IX granted to Coruña the letter or the privilege by which status was recognized as city. To commemorate these 800 years of history, the Town hall already has started preparing a program of activities that will be presided by the King don Juan Carlos.

Happy Birthday my beloved Queen!!
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I hope my Queen has a special day, just with the King but special! :wub:

Happy Birthday Queen Sofia

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1449&pIdSeccion=31&pIdNoticia=459969

The King will be the president of honor of the Congress on the Holy Shroud

International experts will meet in Oviedo in April of the year that comes

The King of Spain, don Juan Carlos de Borbón, has accepted the presidency of honor of the international Congress on the Holy Shroud, which will develop in Oviedo from April 13 to April 15, 2007, according to the Archbishopric of Oviedo.

The chief of the House of the King notified to the dean Ángel Pandavenes that don Juan Carlos was accepting his offer, which was done last September. Bruno Barberis, the director of Sindonología's International Center, is one of the world experts who fight as participants in the congress, together with several members of Sindonología's Spanish Center and, more in concrete, of department of investigation, the Edices. In two days and way that will last the congress conferences, colloquia and debates will be organized.

thanksss lula for the information !!!

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/saca_juan_carlos_sofia_1191032.htm

Saca announces visit kings Juan Carlos and Sofia in March, 2007

The president of El Salvador, Elías Antonio Saca, he announced today a visit of State to the country of the kings of Spain, Juan Carlos and Sofia, March 27 and 28, 2007, in eve of a forum of the countries of average low revenue.

Big sack reported, in a conference of press, of that the date of the visit was resolved by the king Juan Carlos during the XVI Summit Ibero -American chiefs' of State and of Government that was celebrated last week in Montevideo, Uruguay.

' The 27 a visit of State will do to El Salvador his majesty the king Juan Carlos and the queen Sofía and 28 the king will take part, at the par of other personalities, in the Summit of Average Low Revenue that we will effect in March, 2007 here in the Salvadorian capital ', expressed the agent chief executive.

He indicated that Juan Carlos will take part in the inauguration of the forum, since Spain ' rests very much to the countries of average revenue, including El Salvador, and the king is going to take part because Spain shares these criteria '.

http://www.globalmicrocreditsummit2006.org/press-information.php

Queen Sofia of Spain Will Join the President of Honduras at the Global Microcredit Summit
Media accreditation is now available for the Global Microcredit Summit, which will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on November 12-15, 2006. Queen Sofia of Spain and President Zelaya of Honduras will join other heads of state and government, development agencies and more than 2,000 delegates from over 100 countries at this Summit.

Happy Birthday Queens of Queens! Have a beatiful day with all your beloved ones! :flowers:

Vanesa.

I've a doubt and maybe someone can help me.

Where and when did the King say that the Queen is a "gran profissional":question::question:

Thanks in advance :flowers:

I think King Juan Carlos said that in the Pilar Urbano´s book "La Reina"

I´m a big fan of my Queen Sofia, so, I have thousands and thousands pictures of my private collection...I´´m very pleasant to know that you are also a Queen Sofia´s fan....

Last edited by a moderator:
...JuAnItA... said:
I've a doubt and maybe someone can help me.

Where and when did the King say that the Queen is a "gran profissional":question::question:

Thanks in advance :flowers:

J, I thought it was in The Queen's biography, but I guess not as you've read it and you're asking! :rolleyes:

Does anybody know how the Queen is doing?
Is she still ill?

Mascha said:
Does anybody know how the Queen is doing?
Is she still ill?

;)
November 12 to 15
Queen Sofia

Assistance to the World Summit of the Microcredit
Halifax (Canada)

Queen of Spain in Canada to attend Global Summit Microcredit

Queen Sofía of Spain arrived at Halifax, the capital of New Scotland (Canada), to attend the Global Summit of Microcrédito of 2006, in which 2,000 delegates of more will participate than 100 countries.
Doña Sofía, accompanied by the Secretary General of the Spanish Agency of Cooperación Internacional (AECI), Juan Pablo de Laiglesia, traveled on board from Madrid of an airplane of the Spanish Air Force and was received by local authorities and the ambassador of Spain in Canada, Mariano Alonso.
The queen will take part tomorrow in the inaugural session of the Summit, next to the creator of the microcredits, Mohamed Yunus, the president of Honduras, Manuel Zelaya; prime minister of Pakistan, Shaukat Aziz, and the vice-presidents of Uruguay, Rodolfo Nin Novoa, and of the Canadian Philippines, Noli de Castro, as well as authorities and Sam Daley-Harris, director of the Summit.
Doña Sofía, honorary copresident of the Campaign of Microcrédito, will tomorrow be with Yunus because the bengalí economist, distinguished with the Nobel prize of La Paz, will not arrive at Halifax until tonight.
Ever since the queen of Spain knew ten years ago the work Yunus became an ambassador of her project and its presence is habitual anywhere of the world in where an encounter or a summit is celebrated to promote that type of credits, devised for those who do not have access to the traditional financial systems.
Besides to participate in the session of opening of this Summit, that will be developed until the next Wednesday, Doña Sofía will attend the different plenary sessions and factories that will be celebrated in center of Conventions.
http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/reina_espana_canada_cumbre_global_1203015.htm

...sOfIa.... said:
J, I thought it was in The Queen's biography, but I guess not as you've read it and you're asking! :rolleyes:
Yes, i know. But i didn't find it (i was quite distract) so i asked for it... :blush: and also to put it as a source of my school work :p i will read a few parts again, with even more attention ;)

Thanks for your answers :flowers:

Last edited:
lula said:
;)
November 12 to 15
Queen Sofia
Assistance to the World Summit of the Microcredit
Halifax (Canada)

Thanx Lula!:flowers:
I didn't know that..

I hope that we will be able to hear the Queen's speech! Thanks for the pictures lula

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ed_1204016.htm

The queen of Spain in Workshop with Nobel prize of the Peace, Mohamed Yunus

The queen Sofía of Spain was present today in the Global Summit of the Microcredit in Halifax (Canada) at the workshop in the one that appeared if the scales to measure the impact of the microfinance in the reduction of the poverty are valid and in that there controlled the Nobel Prize Mohamed Yunus.

Dona Sofía, who in the morning took part in the inaugural session of the Summit and later she was present at both plenary meetings, chose in the evening the workshop in which Yunus spoke about the big changes experienced on his country of birth, Bangladesh, from independence in 1971.
(...)

The queen of Spain, who is in Canada from yesterday to be present at the Summit that will end next Wednesday, had lunch this midday with the prime minister of Pakistan, Shaukat Aziz, with Yunus and with Canadian authorities, between which there was the Secretary of State, Peter MacKay.

...sOfIa.... said:
I hope that we will be able to hear the Queen's speech! Thanks for the pictures lula

Here you are :flowers:

Speech by H.M the Queen.

"It is with great pleasure that I take part in this Global Microcredit Summit, the height of the Campaign started off at the Microcredit Summit held in Washington in February 1997, which I was very happy to attend.

My warmest congratulations to the organisers and promoters of this important credit success, for their achievements in these past ten years and for reaching the goals set out in the 1997 Summit.

My personal and most sincere admiration as well to all the institutions and individuals who have helped organize this Summit; and most particularly to the Campaign’s Co-Chairs, the Global Advisory Committee and the Summit’s Executive Committee.

To see gathered here today more than two thousand delegates from approximately a hundred countries, who will share their experiences and knowledge in the framework of such a broad and ambitious programme in this conference, strengthens my belief that microfinances are at an excellent stage of expansion and improvement, based on a long process of learning, experimenting, innovating and broadcasting which began more than thirty years ago.

In order to give this long journey its proper recognition, I believe I must, in all fairness, mention the outstanding role played during the whole process by our admired and beloved Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Professor Muhammad Yunus.

The award bestowed upon Profesor Yunus acknowledges not only the great relevance of his contribution to the idea of Microcredit, but also his amazing struggle to develop, in a simple and practical way, the financial instruments which have allowed the benefits of such a significant idea. It has had an enormous impact on the social and economic field, and reaches a broad range of the poorest and most excluded population.

In short, Profesor Yunus was clear-sighted enough to ask himself, not about the causes of nations’ wealth, but about the causes of the most extreme poverty and why the poor were always excluded from the most basic financial resources.

Nowadays we all know perfectly well the solution to the problem, which is the source of the long road that has led us to this Summit. His answer was, without doubt, his unshakeable resolve to give back to the poor their dignity and self-esteem.

According to the Summit’s latest figures, there are now more than three thousand institutions worldwide, providing microfinancial services to 113 million clients, of which 82 million were amongst the world’s poorest when they got their first loan.

These figures show the unstoppable success of microcredit as a hugely efficient way in the fight against poverty. It still has a very long way to go. However, it is already happening in Asia, in Africa and in America with similar success.

It is also most rewarding for me to learn that the Microcredit Summit has set out two new and important goals: reaching 175 million poor families by 2015, especially women, and also ensuring that by the same date 100 million families may get a daily income above one US dollar.

This new purpose shows the strength and competence of the Summit, and we all must commit ourselves to achieve such exciting goals. In this respect, I wish to express once more my wholehearted support and collaboration, and that of my country, in order to reach such noble aims.

Talking specifically about cooperation for microfinance development, my country is paying great attention to this new credit initiative. In this respect, eight years ago Spain started a Credit Award Fund, which has given loans worth 370 million Euros aimed at the promotion of microcredit institutions. It has had results in 26 countries in four continents, with almost one million microloans.

Spain has a wide and deep concept of solidarity towards those most in need, a feeling that we channel through the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation. We aim our efforts not only to promoting microfinance activities, but also to acting in complementary fields which are essential to social development, such as education, health, nutrition, the environment, and so on.

Finally, I want to express my belief that the results of this Global Microcredit Summit will turn out to be a significant milestone in the progress towards an inclusive financial system that will look after the neediest in every society, and particularly those traditionally excluded from access to banking services; as well as an important step towards fulfilling the Millennium Development Goals.

Thank you very much. "

Source/ Casa Real
http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3706

Paty said:
Here you are :flowers:

Speech by H.M the Queen.
Thank you so much, Paty!! :flowers:
As S, "asked" for the speech and here it is... i will "ask" for a video and maybe tomorrow we will have it :p :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks very much Paty! :flowers: And I'm with J, I hope we can get a video of the speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom