King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 9: March - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From londonfeatures

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 153
http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060307174143&tabID=1&ch=69

The Kings foresee to realize their fourth visit of State to France from March 27 to March 29
MADRID, 7 Sea. (EUROPA PRESS)-

The Kings Juan Carlos and Sofia have foreseen to realize their fourth visit of State to France next on March 27, 28 and 29 at the invitation of the Gallic president, Jacques Chirac, as reported governmental sources.

Their Majesties will remain in Paris the days of March 27 and 28 then to move to Toulouse (south-east of France), city in which there was formed the most numerous group of Spanish exiles during the years of the pro-Franco regime.

Queen Sofía makes tourism in Greece next to her brothers.

The Queen arrived at Athens on Sunday in a commercial flight and has predicted to pass in Greece the orthodox Cuaresma, that began on Monday, according to informed mass media. Nothing else to have supper, Sofía and her sister Irene had supper with their Constantino brother, ex- king of Greece that habitually resides in London and that was more than three decades without putting a heleno ground foot.
The past Mondays of Cuaresma, Doña Sofía and Princess Irene took a regular flight to the Greek island from Crete, towards the locality of the Canea, in the northwest of the island. There, and like two tourists more, they took a walk by the historical port of the locality and enjoyed the good time. Also they bought memories and gifts and, already in the evening, visited the monastery of Guverneto, in the end of Acrotiri.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/indice.asp?id=1892&edicion=08/03/2006&pass=

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely to hear that Queen Sofía is in Greece with her family, she looks great in that casual outfit and colour too!

The King

Hearing to the Chief of a main directorate of the World-wide Organization of Comercio, Mr. Pascal Lamy Palace of the Zarzuela

from terra

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 170
Queen Sofia and Princess Irene visit the Palace Minoanera de Knosos in Creta, 9 of March

from terra

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
The King

Closing of the I Congress the International on Olimpismo "the Olimpismo in century XXI: Present and future "Madrid

from terra

In the second pic, King Juan Carlos receives the olimpyc diploma by his participation in the games of Munich 72

Attachments

• 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
The King

Hearing to the Real Delegation of San Andrés of Flamenco - the Foundation Carlos de Amberes Palace of the Zarzuela

from terra

Attachments

• 720797847bf9cg.jpg
    720797847bf9cg.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 720797848f7c2g.jpg
    720797848f7c2g.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 194
  • 72079784856cdg.jpg
    72079784856cdg.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 184
http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgActualidad/index.html?currentDay=09-03-2006&currentImg=23

Queen Sofia, of visit deprived in Greece

Doña Sofía has returned to her native country, Greece, in private visit. Apparently the Queen has taken advantage of days of rest to meet with her family and to make diverse cultural visits. Accompanied by her sister, Irene of Greece, they traveled to the Greek island of Crete, where they visited the palace Minoanera de Knosos.

Queen Sofia looks elegant no matter what she wears:D

crisiñaki said:
Queen Sofia looks elegant no matter what she wears:D
I totally with you (of course) crisiñaki! ;)

crisiñaki said:
As always ...JuAnItA... as always:D :D :D
:D :D How couldn't i say that??? For God, i'm an inconditional fan of the Queen (that's a kind of obvious, isn't it?!?) :D :D

Last edited:
...JuAnItA... said:
:D :D How couldn't i say that??? For God, i'm an inconditional fan of the Queen (that's a kind of obvious, isn't it?!?) :D :D

I agree with you :) The Queen Sofia is my favorite queen

venus_samotracia said:
I agree with you :) The Queen Sofia is my favorite queen
She is also my favourite queen! ;) I like all the Queens but this Queen is special!

Is there more photos of the trip to Greece of Queen Sofia?

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reina_sofia_knosos_creta_774741.htm

Queen Sofía visited the palace of Knosos in Crete

Queen Sofía today visited the archaeological site of Knosos in the island of Crete, during her stay deprived in the locality of Eraclio, in the northeast of the island. According to the Greek Agency of the News informed (ANA), the queen visited the minoico Palace of Knosos and the archaeological museum, in where it was received by the Secretary General of the prefecture of Crete, Serafim Chokas, by the director of the police of Eraclio and by the archaeological restaurador. During her visit to Crete, that beginning the past Monday, happening first through the Canea, Queen Sofía also visited the archaeological sites of Festos and Gortinia and the tomb of the poet and Greek writer Nikos Kazanchakis. The queen arrived at Greece in private visit the past Sunday to celebrate the Greek Cuaresma and will return tomorrow to Spain.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/concierto_reyes_11-m_londres_777817.htm

Concert presided by Kings remembers victims 11-M and London

A concert celebrated in the National Audience of Music and presided by the Kings, remembered this night, in eve of the second anniversary of 11-M, the victims of two of the most bloody terrorist massacres of last decades, happened in Madrid and London.
On March 11, 2004, in the first hour of the morning, the snap of the bombs placed by the terrorists in several trains of surroundings they were causing in Madrid the death of 192 persons and serious wounds to great others.
It was one day in which, since rarely, ' the face of a people hurt by the tragedy showed so many beauty, that of the solidarity ', according to Jose Saramago, present in the concert and which wrote a text read by the actress Charo Lopez. ' Solidarizarse is a verb that can and must conjugate in present, past and future ', he added the Nobel prize.
Sixteen months after 11-M, on July 7, 2005, the terrorism was returning to throb, this time in London and also in the public transport, and was provoking more of half a hundred of innocent deaths and dozens of injured men.
The memory of all these victims was present this night in the concert ' Madrid - London In Memorian ', organized by the Foundation of Victims of the terrorism (FVT), and that congregated in the National Audience of Music to a wide social and political representation, to the margin of polemics and discords.

From reuters via yahoo

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 138
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
The British ambassador thanks for the support of the Spanish town with the victims of 7-J in the concert tribute the ambassador of the United Kingdom in Spain, Sir Stephen Wright, transferred tonight, in name of Her Majesty the Queen Isabel II and all the British town, his solidarity with the victims of the terrorism and their families "in Spain and anywhere in the world" and showed his gratefulness by "the support and the received affection" on the part of the Spanish society and of the city of Madrid after the attacks of London. The British ambassador tonight attended the concert tribute to the victims of the terrorist attacks of 11-M and 7-J celebrated in the National Audience of Madrid, an act presided over by Kings of Spain Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía.

http://www.diariosigloxxi.com/noticia.php?ts=20060310234752

As always, the Queen is very elegant in this black outfit! :)
Crisiñaki, as always... :D

...JuAnItA... said:
As always, the Queen is very elegant in this black outfit! :)
Crisiñaki, as always... :D

has anybody called me?:D :D
As always I agree with you my friend;)

Spanish King Juan Carlos (2ndR) and Queen Sofia (R), Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero (2ndL) and his wife Sonsoles Espinosa (L) during the the 'In Memoriam' concert by London Philharmonic Orchestra, at the National Auditorium in Madrid on Friday, 10 March 2006, the eve of the second anniversary of the Madrid train bombings, in commemoration of victims of the attacks in Madrid and London.
EPA/ALBERTO MARTIN via ANP

Attachments

• 2490257.jpg
    2490257.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 2490249.jpg
    2490249.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 2490255.jpg
    2490255.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 219
http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/03/11/actos-11m/?auth=yes

Two years after the tragedy killed 191 people, diverse commemorative events were planed to remember the victims.

The King and Queen of Spain, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofia, have presided over the first official act, that took place yesterday, Friday March 10th, with a concert in the National Auditorium of Music, in Madrid. The recital evoked the memory of the victims of 11-M and also paid tribute to the victims of the attack of London June 7th.

Madrid-London In Memoriam, organized by the Foundation of the Victims of Terrorism, congregated in the Auditorium an ample social and political representation, namely the president of the Government, Jose Luís Rodriguez Zapatero, and his wife, Sonsoles Espinosa. On the part of the United Kingdom, its ambassador in Spain, Sir Stephen Wright, presented, in name of Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth II and of all the British People, his solidarity towards the victims of terrorism "in Spain and anywhere else throughout the world" and showed his gratefulness by "the support and affection" received from the part of the Spanish society and of the city of Madrid, after the attacks perpetrated in London.

The actress Charo Lopez was the one in charge to present the act, which she started by reading a text written by the Nobel Prize of Literature José Saramago, who was present in the room.

The Philharmonic Orchestra of London, under the direction of Inma Shara, opened the concert with a piece of the British composer Edward Elgar, In the South (Alassio). The first part of the concert also included the interpretation of a piece of Caprice Bohmien de Rachmaninov. Symphony nr. 3 of Mendelssohn occupied the second part of this recital.

Attachments

• todos-concierto.JPG
    todos-concierto.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
The Queen

Hearing to the Protective Council of the Center of Familiar Education (CEFAES) Palace of the Zarzuela.

from www.casareal.es

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom