King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 8: December 2005 - Feb. 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
Welcome to the new thread dedicated to the current events of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

The old thread can be found here.

Please note that this thread is for Current News and Pictures only.

Have fun! :)

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/rey_juan_carlos_evo_morales_667995.htm

The King Juan Carlos will receive tomorrow in hearing Evo Morales

The King Juan Carlos will receive tomorrow at 20:30 in hearing the elect Bolivian president, Evo Morales, as reported the Royal House in a communique.
This meeting, of which it had not reported before, will allow to the monarch to speak with the close Bolivian agent chief executive before his capture of possession of January 22. In this respect, the Prince of Asturias, don Felipe, will preside at the Spanish delegation that travels to La Paz for the assumption of the cargo on the part of Morales.

MADRID, Spain: Newly elected Bolivian President Evo Morales (L) speaks with Spain's King Juan Carlos (C) and Spanish foreign minister Miguel Angel Moratinos during an audience with the King at the Zarzuela Palace in Madrid, 04 January 2006. Morales, the first elected indigenous leader of Bolivia has vowed to nationalise energy production but also pledged he would not put at risk foreign investment in the country. AFP PHOTO/Pedro ARMESTRE. (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 56523774.jpg
    56523774.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 56523785.jpg
    56523785.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
From AP and Reuters via yahoo

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 223
  • r698834193.jpg
    r698834193.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 272
  • r769694232.jpg
    r769694232.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 237
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/rey_morales_moratinos_669528.htm

King receives Morales in hearing he came accompanied by Moratinos

The King received today the elect president of Bolivia, Evo Morales, who came to the hearing in the Palace of the Zarzuela accompanied by the minister of Foreign Affairs, Michael Angel Moratinos.
Don Juan Carlos greeted Evo Morales in the lounge of hearings of the Palace , where he met this one on 20.50 hours.
A speaker of the House of the King explained to Efe that the hearing to Evo Morales inscribes in the meetings that Don Juan Carlos supports providing that an elect president of Latin America comes to Spain in visit of work before the capture of possession.
The Prince of Asturias will travel to Bolivia to represent Spain in the capture of Evo Morales's possession next 22nd, as there remembered today the secretary of State of Communication, Fernando Moraleda.

From elmundo:

Attachments

• 0f520132cd9461c8dfa8e6f16b2a837a_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    0f520132cd9461c8dfa8e6f16b2a837a_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 72560db361b6b1e4c2bfd5ba240b6d60_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    72560db361b6b1e4c2bfd5ba240b6d60_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 222
Don't you find odd to see Morales wearing so informaly, to meet His Majesty?...

Elsa M. said:

Yeah, I would have worn my "sunday" outfit. :p

Elsa M. said:
Yes... i was thinking the same...

The website of the Royal House is maintenance!
What do you think... what are they changing?

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:

He always wears the same kind of clothing; I've never seen Evo wearing a suit since I first heard of him (6, maybe 7 years ago)

crisiñaki said:
He always wears the same kind of clothing; I've never seen Evo wearing a suit since I first heard of him (6, maybe 7 years ago)
Never??? :eek:
But sometimes he must wear something different.. but if he likes and if he is good like that... we can't critized! Well we can... but like i said, if i likes.... :)

...JuAnItA... said:
Never??? :eek:
But sometimes he must wear something different.. but if he likes and if he is good like that... we can't critized! Well we can... but like i said, if i likes.... :)

He comes from a native american culture, he likes to wear comfortable clothes or his traditional "robes" to say it in a way; besides he is a sindical leader, many of them have a phobe of ties and suits, because they are a symbol of the "capitalism" they fought so hard against...

what is a bit weird is why 1 wear sweater while the other wear suit.
perhaps if both of them wear sweater, that it won't be that odd.
but, i like the new president of bolivia... still haven't lose his roots, huh?

It would have been nice if he used his traditional clothes! That is the use of many leaders. In any case it is great that he is himself and maintain his ways and traditions. I'm sure it does not bother the king at all.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, King Juan Carlos!!!!! :)

Last edited:
Today, the folks of La Zarzuela must be literally sunk in presents... it's the king's 68th birthday and this is a great night in Spain, when the children finally can open the Christmas presents, brought by the Three Wise Men... :)

Happy birthday to the king!!!!!!!!
:) :) :)

From Casa Real

On Wednesday, the 11th of January, SS.MM. the Kings visit the Headquarters of the General District attorney's office of the State

Even the same spanish people recognize that their journalist are promoting xenofobic feelings among the population and they are very unpleased with the fact that the reporters prefer to make a big deal out of unimportant things like Evo's outfit instead of focusing on the stuff that really matters like the catalan Estatut...

So Peñafiel, Burgos and the rest of this people, please stop writing, nobody agrees with you!!!

http://www.laopiniondemalaga.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=58033&pIdSeccion=2

The Queen will receive this year one of the prizes `Puerta of Andalucia '

One more year, and eleven go, the chain Summa Hoteles will take advantage of the celebration of the International Fair of Tourism (Fitur) of Madrid to deliver his prizes Door of Andalusia, a few awards that try to recognize all those persons who, with their work, give to know the better of the autonomous community. In this occasion, the prizes are centred on the woman. For it, five Andalusian women will receive the award. Also the Queen will receive a special distinction.
This way, the president of the group Summa Hoteles, Francisco Cuns, indicated that when there was defined " the conductive thread " of this edition, it was decided to deliver a special prize to Her Majesty " for what ishe means as wife of the chief of the State, for the narrow relation with Andalusia and concretly for the loving relation with the province of Malaga ". Cuns underlined, for example, that dona Sofía was one of the women " that more they bet and always of determined form Picasso was next to the project of the Museum ".

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060108122310&tabID=1&ch=68

The Kings will visit for the first time the headquarters of the General District attorney's office of the State next Wednesday

MADRID, 8 Ene. (EUROPE PRESS)-

The Kings will realize next Wednesday the first official visit to the headquarters of the General District attorney's office of the State, on the occasion of the inauguration of the building, placed in the street Fortuny, of Madrid, after the works of remodeling of which it has been an object in the last years.

During the visit, the King accompanied by the general district attorney, Cándido Conde-Pumpido, will preside at a joint meeting of the District attorneys' Meeting of Room and of the Fiscal Council.

Likewise, don Juan Carlos and dona Sofía will discover a commemorative plate of the event, and will cross an exhibition of documents on the history of the Fiscal Department.

http://www.lasprovincias.es/valencia/pg060109/prensa/noticias/Tema_Dia/200601/09/VAL-SUB-001.html

The Queen will inaugurate the V Foro of the World Alliance of the Cities against the Poverty

On March 29 there will give beginning the V Foro of the World Alliance of the Cities against the Poverty, which will be celebrated in the Conference hall of Valencia and which it will finish on the 3rd. The mayor, Rita Barberá, has insisted that Valencia will turn in " sedate of the effort to attack the poverty and to raise the levels of well-being of the most disadvantaged countries of the world ".

Agenda for tomorrow

11,45 hours: The Kings visit the seat of the General Office of the public prosecutor of the State, Fortuny, 4. He will attend Juan Fernando Lopez Aguilar.
The King also will preside over one reunited combines of the Meeting of Public prosecutors of Room and the Fiscal Council.

http://www.finanzas.com/id.8906211/noticias/noticia.htm

Images from terra

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 261