The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

King Juan Carlos

Lunes, 26 de diciembre de 2005AUDIENCIA. RODRIGO RATO FIGAREDO, DIRECTOR GERENTE DEL FONDO MONETARIO INTERNACIONAL
Palacio de La Zarzuela. Madrid

Monday, 26 of December of 2005

HEARING. RODRIGO RATO FIGAREDO, MANAGING DIRECTOR Of the INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND
Palace of the Zarzuela. Madrid

Old 12-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

KING JUAN CARLOS WITH RODRIGO RATO FIGAREDO, MANAGING DIRECTOR Of the INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND

Images from terra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71fa5fd166e91g.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	222025   Click image for larger version

Name:	71fa5fd168ab3g.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	222026   Click image for larger version

Name:	71fa5fd1684d6g.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	222027   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	222028  

Old 12-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The King grants to Adolfo Fernandez Aguilar the Great Cross of the Meritorious Civil Service Order MURCIA, 26 Dic. (EUROPE PRESS) -

His Majesty the King Don Juan Carlos I has granted, to proposal of foreign minister, Miguel Angel Moratinos, and after deliberation of the Cabinet the last Friday, the Great Cross of the Meritorious Civil Service Order to Adolpfo Fernandez Aguilar, "in attention to the merits and circumstances that concur" in their person, according to publishes the Government reporter of state (BOE) in their edition of the last Saturday, 24 of December.

Fernandez Aguilar, in declarations to Europe Press, was today "very moved and thanked for by this great honour". Adolfo Fernandez Aguilar, in addition to deputy of the PP by Murcia in the Congress of the Deputies, is vocal of the Commission of Outer Subjects, assigned of the Mixed Commission for the European Union, secretary second of the Mixed Commission for the Study of the Problem of Drugs, and substitute member of the Spanish Delegation in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003...&tabID=1&ch=66
Old 12-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

12/23/2005.
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofía offered a reception to the Spanish Assembly of Aristocrat in Zarzuela Palace, in Madrid, Spain.

(photos from newscom)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gamma296381.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	222116   Click image for larger version

Name:	gamma296382.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	222117   Click image for larger version

Name:	gamma296387.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	222118   Click image for larger version

Name:	gamma296388.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	222119  

Old 12-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone else wonder how Sofia, not meaning to sound rude, at her age manages to walk around in such high heels?
I mean I can barely balance in heels let alone walk in them!
Obviously she's used to it but still...they must hurt her feet
Old 12-27-2005, 01:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Does anyone else wonder how Sofia, not meaning to sound rude, at her age manages to walk around in such high heels?
I mean I can barely balance in heels let alone walk in them!
Obviously she's used to it but still...they must hurt her feet
if you see pictures, you would notice all the women in the SRF wear very high heels, Letizia because of the height difference with Felipe and the Queen & Infantas because it's the way they were taught to use them, they walk on those heels like they were born on top of them:)
Old 12-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
12/23/2005.
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofía offered a reception to the Spanish Assembly of Aristocrat in Zarzuela Palace, in Madrid, Spain.

(photos from newscom)
Forgive me what i'm going to say but isn't the first time and isn't the last that the queen appears first and the king after her in the public events. That isn't protocolar!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
Forgive me what i'm going to say but isn't the first time and isn't the last that the queen appears first and the king after her in the public events. That isn't protocolar!
It isn't!
But once that King said that don't bother him and he also said that he never would be upset with the Queen because that isn't the most important thing!
And the Queen appears first and the King after a lot of times... i remember that in the official lunchs with primer-ministres or with presidents the Queen appears almos always first! But the Queen isn't critized because of that... and i don't know if she already was critized for that... because the Queen is a kind of untouchable!
Old 12-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
It isn't!
But once that King said that don't bother him and he also said that he never would be upset with the Queen because that isn't the most important thing!
And the Queen appears first and the King after a lot of times... i remember that in the official lunchs with primer-ministres or with presidents the Queen appears almos always first! But the Queen isn't critized because of that... and i don't know if she already was critized for that... because the Queen is a kind of untouchable!
Also the king has said that Sofía is his life partner, he's the ruler, she the consort but together as a whole they are the Crown (La Corona), so he doesn't mind because he believes they are not two people but one institution.

About the Queen, hell raises anytime anyone tries to say something wrong about her, even from the same journalists among themselves, she has a better image than the King and the people in Spain (and in a lot of countries) love her because of the hard work she has put all these years in her foundation, which helps tons of people in the world...
Old 12-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Also the king has said that Sofía is his life partner, he's the ruler, she the consort but together as a whole they are the Crown (La Corona), so he doesn't mind because he believes they are not two people but one institution.
Just a correction:
The Queen said that they and the royal family are the Crown!
Here is an excerpt but it is in spanish of the book "La Reina" of Pilar Urbano. And if you read it you can see that she said that.
http://www.udel.edu/leipzig/texts1/ela20116.htm
Old 12-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Just a correction:
The Queen said that they and the royal family are the Crown!
Here is an excerpt but it is in spanish of the book "La Reina" of Pilar Urbano. And if you read it you can see that she said that.
The King also said something of the sort in an interview around 1995, but I don't remember where I saw it, if I found it, I will post it:o
And don't worry about the spanish, I'm latinamerican, so that isn't a problem
Old 12-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The King also said something of the sort in an interview around 1995, but I don't remember where I saw it, if I found it, I will post it:o
And don't worry about the spanish, I'm latinamerican, so that isn't a problem
Ok!
Did you read the excerpt?
Old 12-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Ok!
Did you read the excerpt?
Which one? (sorry but sometimes my english makes me a little slow on the uptake)
Old 12-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Which one? (sorry but sometimes my english makes me a little slow on the uptake)
It's ok!!
This excerpt:
Old 12-31-2005, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh yeah, but you have to remember that the Kings always agree in what they say to the public, so now I'm not very sure who said that first, I'm sure they both said it...
Old 12-31-2005, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

And there we are again at 10th page.
Thank you all, who have shared your thoughts and pictures with all of us.

The new thread can be found at:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/king-juan-carlos-queen-sofia-current-events-part-ix-8381.html#post352540