King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 22: April 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia's
Current Events Part 23

zixdly.jpg

The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
The Forum Moderators

King Juan Carlos is back today on official duty after his hip operation, receiving the director of Cervantes Institute and the foreign minister of UAE, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al Nahyan

King Juan Carlos is back today on official duty after his hip operation, receiving the director of Cervantes Institute and the foreign minister of UAE, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al Nahyan

Good God but that was quick. I thought that he was going to be out of action for at least a month. ?

King

Audience to Mr. Victor Garcia de la Concha, director of Institute Cervantes
La Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Audiencia a D. Víctor García de la Concha, Director del Instituto Cervantes. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Audience with His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs of UAE

Audiencia a Su Alteza el Jeque Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ministro de Asuntos Exteriores de Emiratos Árabes Unidos. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Video

El rey retoma su actividad pública - Videos en lainformacion.com

Last edited:
I`m pleased to see the King back on duty so soon after such a serious accident, a fine riposte to his rat-bag critics who seemed more concerned with the welfare of a dead elephant, than the health and well being of their rightfull Sovereign.

It always intrigues me what public officials are saying when they make small talk. Could a Spanish speaker very kindly translate that for me? What were they chatting about?

I'm sure that the Urdangarin children must miss their grandparents, especially Sofia, their cousins and Spain itself.

It will be interesting to see if Cristina brings them back to the family summer home this year.

Absolutley Doña Breffney,but I doubt we will see the Palma family in Spain anytime soon :sad:

Yes it is but at least the Queen is getting to see her grandchildren in Washington and I'm sure will continue to do so.

I'm sure she will, An Ard Ri. I just wish that she didn't have to do all the travelling. Then again, she might be glad to get away from all the Spanish media gossip surrounding the family.

Probably the right decision. It would've been hypocritical of them to try and play happy devoted couple at this stage. People would have seen right through it.

I fully understand why there will be no celebrations. But it's quite sad. When 2 people are in a marriage for 50 years and find no reason to celebrate it, it must have been a terrible lonely time for both partners. JC found company elsewhere, but for Sofia it must be really hard to be all alone. From what (little) I know about her, she takes great pride from her status as Queen, I hope she has a fulfilling life as it is now.

Sofia is very close to her family, her sister Irene, who has never been married, lives with Sofia in Spain. Furthermore, it is common knowlegde that Sofia travels to London frequently to spend time with her brother Constantin and his family.

Usually with royals a golden wedding or birthday anniversary is an event to have lavish celebrations involving other royals (even the Brits do it but especially in the nordic countries, Sweden comes to my mind, and it doesnt matter there what the state of the marriage is).

King

Audience to Jose Manuel Romay Beccaria, President of the Council of State

Audiencia a D. José Manuel Romay Beccaría, Presidente del Consejo de Estado. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Queen

Signing of collaboration between the Queen Sofia Foundation and the Foundation Research Center of Neurological Diseases (CIEN)

Firma del convenio de colaboración entre la Fundación Reina Sofía y la Fundación Centro de Investigación de Enfermedades Neurológicas (C.I.E.N.). Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Last edited by a moderator:
I had thought as much but given the economic climate in Spain and all the shenanigans of late I'm not surprised.

I do however feel sorry for the Queen!

It will be interesting to see if they will carry out official duties on the day itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom