The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

King

Audience to Mr. Abdelilah Benkirane, Head of Government of the Kingdom of Morocco
La Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Audiencia al Sr. Abdelilah Benkirane, Jefe del Gobierno del Reino de Marruecos. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Old 05-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

HQ Gallery
Entrega de las Medallas de Oro

Old 05-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Majesty

The King and the mysterious blonde: Spanish royal family face fresh outrage after magazine reveals princess 'joined Juan Carlos on private trips' | Mail Online
Old 05-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Spanish Royals Attends 'Fine Arts Golden Medals' By Kennedy Center

Spanish Royals Attends 'Fine Arts Golden Medals' By Kennedy Center - Pictures - Zimbio
I don't ever remember seeing the King and Queen looking so glum.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Finally the Queen Sofia will not attend the celebrations of the Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth.The Spanish government has so asked and the Queen has canceled the trip. Clearly the cause is Gibraltar.

At first the trip was to take place even though the Spanish government had protested because of the travel of Wessex next month.

But in recent months there have been serious problems between Spain and Gibraltar on territorial waters. Yesterday negotiations between the Spanish fishermen and Government of Gibraltar broke, and this has led to request the cancellation of the trip.
The term "government" is such a broad term. Was it the State Department, Prime Minister .... I am curious how the decision was discussed and relayed to the Queen. I have no confidence whatsoever in the King and I just wonder if he had a role in this decision. The Queen would have received lots of attention as the wronged spouse and the one of the couple that has upheld a royal and proper role and lifestyle. The King would again have been seen as the irresponsible cheating husband. It certainly would have been in the King's interest that the Queen stayed home and not take any attention from his "rehabilitation" as the head of state.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I agree with Lula this is a current events thread and is getting far too political,any further off topic posts will be removed.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

Queen Sofia of Spain: Europe's lonely royal consort - Telegraph
Old 05-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

What a sad article. I have to say, I was not aware of any of their marriage problems as I am not a big follower of the Spanish Royal Family, but it is heart breaking for Sofia. I imagine she has perhaps not been perfect over the last 50 years, but it is quite sad to hear stories like that.

The fact she had to decline her invitation to England on Thursday is awful, particularly as she knew every other Monarch would have been there; people she has known for a long time and people she has met many times. I also highly doubt Sofia really cares about Edward and Sophie's visit to Gibraltar, it is only the government. Bit annoying really.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Again I will reiterate ,this is a current events thread,if you wish to discuss Queen Sofia not attending the Diamond Jubilee Lunch please use this thread

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1416753

Any further off topic or political post will be removed.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen

Opening of the exhibition "Monacatus" of the Foundation Ages of Man
Oña (Burgos)

Inauguración de la exposición "Monacatus" de la Fundación las Edades del Hombre. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

La Reina inaugura Las Edades del Hombre en Oa (Burgos) - elnortedecastilla.es. Foto 1 de 48
Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

King

Audience to Mr. Rick Scott, Governor of the State of Florida (USA)

Audiencia al Sr. Richard L. Scott, Gobernador del Estado de Florida (EE.UU). Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
Old 05-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Queen opening of the exhibition "Monacatus" of the Foundation Ages of Man
Oña (Burgos)

Inauguración de la exposición "Monacatus" de la Fundación las Edades del Hombre. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
Gallery from Daylife.
Her Majesty looks lovely.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Sophia is wonderful, happy .... much better when it goes alone. He is charmed with the contact with the people. Photos in my blog

Sofía Reina
Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofia attends "Cyrano of Bergerac" opera at the Royal Theater of Madrid

Representación de la Opera "Cyrano de Bergerac". Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
Old 05-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

King

Meeting of the Board of the Foundation for Technological Innovation Cotec

Reunión del Patronato de la Fundación Cotec para la Innovación Tecnológica. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

King Juan Carlos of Spain Meets Cotec Foundation - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

King

Audience to Mr. Sayyid Badr bin Saud al Busaidi, Minister for Defence of the Sultanate of Oman

Audiencia al Sr. Sayyid Badr bin Saud al Busaidi, Ministro encargado de Defensa del Sultanato de Omán. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
Old 05-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen

Opening of the Eighth Biennial AR&PA 2012 "Innovation in Heitage"
Valladolid

Inauguración de la VIII Bienal AR&PA 2012 "Innovación en el Patrimonio". Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

La Reina inaugura AR&PA en Valladolid - elnortedecastilla.es. Foto 1 de 47
Old 05-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

More photos

http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3542...ark?m=eldbkfad
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3542...ark?m=clhkpadd
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3542...ark?m=fiakidmi
http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:3542...ark?m=ofjlbkec

Photos and video in my blog

Sofía Reina
Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

King

Audience to Mr. Wu Bangguo, Chairman of the National People's Republic of China

Audiencia al Sr. Wu Bangguo, Presidente de la Asamblea Popular Nacional de la República Popular China. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Closed Thread