The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:01 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

oh thanks, I hadnt seen it.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
50 photos have been distributed, one for each year of marriage, each photo represents the most significant official or family event of that year.
The logic or reasoning behind the different pictures makes sense.

I'm curious though as to what picture features for 2012. ?

Ideally, it should, IMO, have depicted Sofia and Juan Carlos, the significant event being .... 50 years of marriage.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

Front pages of magazines on the trip of the Queen Sofia to Washington and pics with Cristina of purchases in my blog

Sofía Reina
Old 05-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Royal Musings: It's over for Corinna and the King
Old 05-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
So much for there being 2 Queens in Spain as some media outlets stated a short while ago.

Long live, Queen Sofia. !!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Apparently Corinna has relocated to Monaco and given up on her life in Spain. But imo this doesnt mean Corinna has given up on the King, its just to take the heat off Corinna & her children ... I am pretty sure there will be a lot of air traffic between Madrid & Monte Carlo
El Rey pone fin a su amistad con la princesa Corinna
Old 05-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Any guesses will be accurate in this messy situation. I just wonder what Princess Corinna hoped/hopes to gain from the situation. Spain is said to be an economic basket case. I doubt King Juan Carlos will be able to provide her with a lavish lifestyle.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I doubt JC will provide Corinna with a lavish lifestyle. Even without him, she has been very well connected within aristocratic circles. Corinna is not stupid, I doubt her aim is or was to replace Sofia.
It is unfortunate that all this became public, but given the arrangement over decades between King and Queen, separated in private but a team for Spain, nobody is really surprised, I believe people are more angry that the King splashed money in this situation or about his insensitive move to shoot an elephant rather than he is travelling with a compagnion, I dont see any anger directed towards Corinna, people are rather curious.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Apparently Corinna has relocated to Monaco and given up on her life in Spain. But imo this doesnt mean Corinna has given up on the King, its just to take the heat off Corinna & her children ... I am pretty sure there will be a lot of air traffic between Madrid & Monte Carlo
El Rey pone fin a su amistad con la princesa Corinna
My guess is he will not be attending the Monte Carlo boat show this year, as he has occassionally in the past.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:

It is unfortunate that all this became public, but given the arrangement over decades between King and Queen, separated in private but a team for Spain, nobody is really surprised
Has Sofia's name ever been linked with anyone. ?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Has Sofia's name ever been linked with anyone. ?
I've never heard of any. Its not something that would be a characteristic of an old school royal like Sofia, it has been common practice or "normal" that the men have mistresses and the women grin & bear it, hold the family together. Exactly Sofia's role.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Apparently there was a lunch on the occasion of the golden wedding anniversary with close family (minus Inaki, who is still in Vitoria).
Los Reyes renen en Zarzuela a toda su familia excepto a Iaki Urdangarin

Gallery 50 years JC & Sofia
Las Bodas de oro de los Reyes
Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I've never heard of any. Its not something that would be a characteristic of an old school royal like Sofia, it has been common practice or "normal" that the men have mistresses and the women grin & bear it, hold the family together. Exactly Sofia's role.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I would expect nothing less of that lovely lady. Thanks, Duke.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Apparently there was a lunch on the occasion of the golden wedding anniversary with close family
I am delighted to hear that. It had saddened me that such a huge milestone would have gone unmarked.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I am delighted to hear that. It had saddened me that such a huge milestone would have gone unmarked.
I am too Breffney!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

It makes sense to have a quiet family gathering. The photo with Mr. Gorbachev and 41st US President is the odd one.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

A familiar meeting always makes sense. And mas with the children and the grandsons. And more if they are fulfilled 50 years of life shared with shades and with lights. Articles in my blog

My friend the Queen - m. Yunnus

and

Dona Sofía, of the Peace of Tatoi's Palace to being a prop of Zarzuela - Fermín Urbiola

http://sofiareina.blogspot.com.es/
Old 05-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think, this is the most suitable "solution" for this situation. A bigger celebration after all incidents during the past weeks would have been complete nonsense. But: Doing "nothing at all" on the contrary would have been a shame as well.... so this is a salomonic decision having a small family gathering.

Well, not sure, how the "mood" really was at this lunch....

Bye Bine
Old 05-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Finally the Queen Sofia will not attend the celebrations of the Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth.The Spanish government has so asked and the Queen has canceled the trip. Clearly the cause is Gibraltar.

At first the trip was to take place even though the Spanish government had protested because of the travel of Wessex next month.

But in recent months there have been serious problems between Spain and Gibraltar on territorial waters. Yesterday negotiations between the Spanish fishermen and Government of Gibraltar broke, and this has led to request the cancellation of the trip.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

A bit of background on the issue. Its a shame that Sofia will be missing out on honoring the great monarch of our times for political reasons.

Gibraltar Chronicle - The Independent Daily First Published 1801