King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 19: September 2008 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
El Rey regresa por primera vez en 14 años al lugar de veraneo de sus abuelos - Yahoo! Noticias
The King returns for the first time in 14 years to the place of summering of his grandparents
The King has offered by the city and has been thankful for the welcome that the society of Cantabria in the lobby of the Palace, presided over by a picture of 1914 in which they appear, of children has granted him, its father, Don Juan, and his uncles, prince Alfonso and the infants Jaime, Maria Cristina and Beatriz.

The Queen wears a beautiful spring outfit:flowers:

I laud Queen Sofia for being frugal and travelling like ordinary people do. She is a brave woman to travel without security.

I laud Queen Sofia for being frugal and travelling like ordinary people do. She is a brave woman to travel without security. security.

As much as I think that her decision was reasonable, I doubt Queen Sofia travelled without security, queuing up like Joe Average on the Ryan Air counter. I am sure she will have received special treatment because Ryan Air is famous not only for being one of the cheapest airlines but also for providing zero service. They are even thinking about charging people for using the loo during the flight.

:previous: it is great PR for Ryanair.

and for the spanish royal family, not that they need it I think, this anecdote is just a small reason why they are respected.

Well ... it is fair to think that Queen Sofia was afforded a special treatment. Ryan Air has got an excellent PR. Queen Sofia saved some money on a ticket... That is all... I hope savings are significant enough to be reported. By the way, I have read that cheap Ryan Air is not all that cheap, when all expenses and fees are factored in.

Well ... it is fair to think that Queen Sofia was afforded a special treatment. Ryan Air has got an excellent PR. Queen Sofia saved some money on a ticket... That is all... I hope savings are significant enough to be reported. By the way, I have read that cheap Ryan Air is not all that cheap, when all expenses and fees are factored in.

Do not agree this time with you,

it is not quite all, it is an attitude, an intention that is appealing to many people.

Intentions and the attitude, it goes without saying, were noble. Some may find Queen Sofia's actions hypocritical stating that rich people love to do token deeds. Other may find Queen Sofia's deed sincere. That is all there is to it

the only reason why sofia took that flight is that there is a route between santander and london provided by ryainair. her intention was not to save money but to save time, get straight to her brother, without having to go back to madrid.

not sure sofia likes the fact that is was made public, the british tabloids only picked up on it to make their own royals look like money wasters, a cheap story. by the way, the flight might have cost 13 £ but in total, including taxes etc, sofia might have paid a similar amout to a flight madrid - london with iberia. the winner here is ryan air and their CEO Michael O'Leary who might use sofia for one of his infamous campaigns (similar to the one with Carla Bruni
Carla Bruni awarded damages from Ryanair - Telegraph
whether she likes it or not. in case sofia decides to sue, even more publicity for him :)

And on top of that Ryanair does not have a business class, or anything, so she flew just like the rest of us, although I suspect that there was some serious security on board, and that her ticket was booked under another name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom