King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 14: January - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the new thread for the current events of TM the King and Queen of Spain.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is for current events only;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun!:flowers:

The Kings of Spain, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía, will make a visit “of good will” to Guatemala in next March, today announced in Guatemala the Spanish secretary of State for Ibero-America, Trinidad Jiménez.
“I can inform to them into which the Kings of Spain have accepted by far taste the invitation of the government of Guatemala. It will be a visit of good will, important to fortify the relations between both countries”, today said Jiménez during a press conference offered next to the Guatemalan chancellor, Gert Rosenthal

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/jimenez_reyes_espana_guatemala_1349380.htm

King Juan Carlos

Encounter with S.E the President of the Mexican United States, Lic. Mr. Felipe Calderón Hinojosa. Palace of the Zarzuela.

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070130/7215e21d2dd6dg.jpg

Hearing to the organizing Committee of the “X Latin American Conference of Ministers and Industralists of Tourism, CIMET 2007”, accompanied by the Ministers of Tourism of Ibero-America, Spanish and representing authorities of organizations and the tourist empresariado one of Spain, participants in the Conference. Palace of the Zarzuela

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070130/7215e22130d73g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070130/7215e2212f27eg.jpg

Last edited:
thanksss for the pictueres, Sofia is very elegant today.

LaChicaMadrilena said:

Thanks for the pics LCM!:flowers:
it's weird to see them both in such "dark" clothing, but I understand it was 'cuz the funeral; anyway, QS could wear a potato sack and still look stylish and elegant:lol:

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Celebration of the Eucaristía and Bendición of the artistic work made in the Chapel of the Cathedral of Majorca
Cathedral of Majorca. Palma de Mallorca.

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070202/7215fcf2d6326g.jpg

Spanish King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia accompanied by artist Miquel Barcelo watch the 'Santisimo' chapel of Mallorca's Cathedral in Palma de Mallorca February 2, 2007. Barcelo's artwork recreates the evangelical iconography of the 'Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes' covering the walls of the gothic chapel. REUTERS/Dani Cardona (SPAIN)

Spain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Last edited:
I really admire Queen Sofia, she a hard working Queen.

...sOfIa.... said:
Thanks for the pictures, I like the way she still manages a smile amidst her obvious sadness about Erika :flowers:

btw, is that actually Sofia's coat? Because it doesn't look like something I imagine her wearing:lol:

It is warm, and comfortable, and precicely the thing you throw on when you want to be warm and comfortable and don't really care how you look. She really is lovely!

lisamaria said:
It is warm, and comfortable, and precicely the thing you throw on when you want to be warm and comfortable and don't really care how you look. She really is lovely!

She certainly is lovely. I just asked because the coat didn't look like it 'belonged' to her, if you know what I mean. But I doubt she cared after a long flight like that. ;)

LA REINA SOFÍA SE REUNIÓ CON SU FAMILIA A MEDIANOCHE

Queen Sofia met with her family at midnight

Queen Sofia who landed in Madrid after going 34 hours without sleep was sad upon her arrival to the Spanish capital....
Queen Sofía arrived in Madrid this dawn coming from Indonesia, after twenty-four hours of trip. The Queen decided to interrupt her official trip to the zone after finding out the death of the sister of The Princess of Asturias. With visible signs of fatigue in the face, Doña Sofía landed in the Spanish capital and she was transferred immediately to the palace of the Zarzuela.

Erika Ortiz, youngest sister of the Princess, was incinerated yesterday in tanatorio of Three Songs, in Madrid. In this enclosure responso by its soul to that they attended the King, Princes de Asturias, Dukes de Lugo and of Palma was celebrated and the nearest relatives of Doña Letizia. It could not either be in this ceremony the other sister of the Princess, Telma, that works of cooperator in the Philippines. Queen Sofía found out the sad news during her stay in Indonesia. `What pity, what pity! , what terrible loss!' they were the only words that could pronounce Doña Sofía to the time that broke to cry when she heard the news.

photo
photo

Last edited:
Spanish newly appointed Justice Minister Mariano Fernandez Bermejo (L) is sworn in under the eyes of Spanish King Juan Carlos (R), Queen Sofia (2nd R) and Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero (3rd R) at the Palacio de la Zarzuela in Madrid, central Spain, Monday 12 February 2007

ANP Beeldbank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom