The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.globalmicrocreditsummit20...nformation.php

Queen Sofia of Spain Will Join the President of Honduras at the Global Microcredit Summit
Media accreditation is now available for the Global Microcredit Summit, which will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on November 12-15, 2006. Queen Sofia of Spain and President Zelaya of Honduras will join other heads of state and government, development agencies and more than 2,000 delegates from over 100 countries at this Summit.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Happy Birthday Queens of Queens! Have a beatiful day with all your beloved ones!

Vanesa.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

I've a doubt and maybe someone can help me.

Where and when did the King say that the Queen is a "gran profissional"

Thanks in advance
Old 11-11-2006, 01:40 PM

I think King Juan Carlos said that in the Pilar Urbano´s book "La Reina"

I´m a big fan of my Queen Sofia, so, I have thousands and thousands pictures of my private collection...I´´m very pleasant to know that you are also a Queen Sofia´s fan....
Old 11-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
I've a doubt and maybe someone can help me.

Where and when did the King say that the Queen is a "gran profissional"

Thanks in advance
J, I thought it was in The Queen's biography, but I guess not as you've read it and you're asking!
Old 11-11-2006, 03:02 PM

Jaunita

Not, I´m Totally Sure....regards....
Old 11-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Nobility

Does anybody know how the Queen is doing?
Is she still ill?
Old 11-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha
Does anybody know how the Queen is doing?
Is she still ill?

November 12 to 15
Queen Sofia

Assistance to the World Summit of the Microcredit
Halifax (Canada)
Old 11-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen of Spain in Canada to attend Global Summit Microcredit

Queen Sofía of Spain arrived at Halifax, the capital of New Scotland (Canada), to attend the Global Summit of Microcrédito of 2006, in which 2,000 delegates of more will participate than 100 countries.
Doña Sofía, accompanied by the Secretary General of the Spanish Agency of Cooperación Internacional (AECI), Juan Pablo de Laiglesia, traveled on board from Madrid of an airplane of the Spanish Air Force and was received by local authorities and the ambassador of Spain in Canada, Mariano Alonso.
The queen will take part tomorrow in the inaugural session of the Summit, next to the creator of the microcredits, Mohamed Yunus, the president of Honduras, Manuel Zelaya; prime minister of Pakistan, Shaukat Aziz, and the vice-presidents of Uruguay, Rodolfo Nin Novoa, and of the Canadian Philippines, Noli de Castro, as well as authorities and Sam Daley-Harris, director of the Summit.
Doña Sofía, honorary copresident of the Campaign of Microcrédito, will tomorrow be with Yunus because the bengalí economist, distinguished with the Nobel prize of La Paz, will not arrive at Halifax until tonight.
Ever since the queen of Spain knew ten years ago the work Yunus became an ambassador of her project and its presence is habitual anywhere of the world in where an encounter or a summit is celebrated to promote that type of credits, devised for those who do not have access to the traditional financial systems.
Besides to participate in the session of opening of this Summit, that will be developed until the next Wednesday, Doña Sofía will attend the different plenary sessions and factories that will be celebrated in center of Conventions.
http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...al_1203015.htm
Old 11-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
J, I thought it was in The Queen's biography, but I guess not as you've read it and you're asking!
Yes, i know. But i didn't find it (i was quite distract) so i asked for it... and also to put it as a source of my school work i will read a few parts again, with even more attention

Thanks for your answers
Old 11-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula

November 12 to 15
Queen Sofia
Assistance to the World Summit of the Microcredit
Halifax (Canada)
Thanx Lula!
I didn't know that..
Old 11-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

I hope that we will be able to hear the Queen's speech! Thanks for the pictures lula
Old 11-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ed_1204016.htm

The queen of Spain in Workshop with Nobel prize of the Peace, Mohamed Yunus

The queen Sofía of Spain was present today in the Global Summit of the Microcredit in Halifax (Canada) at the workshop in the one that appeared if the scales to measure the impact of the microfinance in the reduction of the poverty are valid and in that there controlled the Nobel Prize Mohamed Yunus.

Dona Sofía, who in the morning took part in the inaugural session of the Summit and later she was present at both plenary meetings, chose in the evening the workshop in which Yunus spoke about the big changes experienced on his country of birth, Bangladesh, from independence in 1971.
(...)

The queen of Spain, who is in Canada from yesterday to be present at the Summit that will end next Wednesday, had lunch this midday with the prime minister of Pakistan, Shaukat Aziz, with Yunus and with Canadian authorities, between which there was the Secretary of State, Peter MacKay.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.infobolsa.es/v2002/Noticias/noticias_titulares2.asp?Fuente=EPRE&FechaNot=20061 113&Clasif=C&Numnot=111186

Europa Press's Informative agenda for November 13

- 18.30 hours: H.M.The King receives, in hearing, in The Zarzuela, the secretary General of the OEI for the Education, the Science and the Culture, Francisco Piñón
Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
I hope that we will be able to hear the Queen's speech! Thanks for the pictures lula
Here you are

Speech by H.M the Queen.

"It is with great pleasure that I take part in this Global Microcredit Summit, the height of the Campaign started off at the Microcredit Summit held in Washington in February 1997, which I was very happy to attend.

My warmest congratulations to the organisers and promoters of this important credit success, for their achievements in these past ten years and for reaching the goals set out in the 1997 Summit.

My personal and most sincere admiration as well to all the institutions and individuals who have helped organize this Summit; and most particularly to the Campaign’s Co-Chairs, the Global Advisory Committee and the Summit’s Executive Committee.

To see gathered here today more than two thousand delegates from approximately a hundred countries, who will share their experiences and knowledge in the framework of such a broad and ambitious programme in this conference, strengthens my belief that microfinances are at an excellent stage of expansion and improvement, based on a long process of learning, experimenting, innovating and broadcasting which began more than thirty years ago.

In order to give this long journey its proper recognition, I believe I must, in all fairness, mention the outstanding role played during the whole process by our admired and beloved Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Professor Muhammad Yunus.

The award bestowed upon Profesor Yunus acknowledges not only the great relevance of his contribution to the idea of Microcredit, but also his amazing struggle to develop, in a simple and practical way, the financial instruments which have allowed the benefits of such a significant idea. It has had an enormous impact on the social and economic field, and reaches a broad range of the poorest and most excluded population.

In short, Profesor Yunus was clear-sighted enough to ask himself, not about the causes of nations’ wealth, but about the causes of the most extreme poverty and why the poor were always excluded from the most basic financial resources.

Nowadays we all know perfectly well the solution to the problem, which is the source of the long road that has led us to this Summit. His answer was, without doubt, his unshakeable resolve to give back to the poor their dignity and self-esteem.

According to the Summit’s latest figures, there are now more than three thousand institutions worldwide, providing microfinancial services to 113 million clients, of which 82 million were amongst the world’s poorest when they got their first loan.

These figures show the unstoppable success of microcredit as a hugely efficient way in the fight against poverty. It still has a very long way to go. However, it is already happening in Asia, in Africa and in America with similar success.

It is also most rewarding for me to learn that the Microcredit Summit has set out two new and important goals: reaching 175 million poor families by 2015, especially women, and also ensuring that by the same date 100 million families may get a daily income above one US dollar.

This new purpose shows the strength and competence of the Summit, and we all must commit ourselves to achieve such exciting goals. In this respect, I wish to express once more my wholehearted support and collaboration, and that of my country, in order to reach such noble aims.

Talking specifically about cooperation for microfinance development, my country is paying great attention to this new credit initiative. In this respect, eight years ago Spain started a Credit Award Fund, which has given loans worth 370 million Euros aimed at the promotion of microcredit institutions. It has had results in 26 countries in four continents, with almost one million microloans.

Spain has a wide and deep concept of solidarity towards those most in need, a feeling that we channel through the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation. We aim our efforts not only to promoting microfinance activities, but also to acting in complementary fields which are essential to social development, such as education, health, nutrition, the environment, and so on.

Finally, I want to express my belief that the results of this Global Microcredit Summit will turn out to be a significant milestone in the progress towards an inclusive financial system that will look after the neediest in every society, and particularly those traditionally excluded from access to banking services; as well as an important step towards fulfilling the Millennium Development Goals.

Thank you very much. "

Source/ Casa Real
http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3706
Old 11-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
Here you are

Speech by H.M the Queen.
Thank you so much, Paty!!
As S, "asked" for the speech and here it is... i will "ask" for a video and maybe tomorrow we will have it
Old 11-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

A photo of the Queen in Halifax

http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2006/11/13/529526.jpg
Old 11-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks very much Paty! And I'm with J, I hope we can get a video of the speech