King Felipe and Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Yes QL looks amazing, stunning in fact. I love her dress and hair and shoes and everything about her tonight. In viewing KF, it seems he puts people very much at ease, like when he is talking to them, they are the most important person in the room. I saw so many looks of admiration from people he was talking to. He must be a very nice man and husband!

All I can think is they are a gorgeous couple. She is petite and stunning, he is tall dark and exceedingly handsome.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She's famous for her poise but even Queen Letizia, 42, couldn't help taking a step back when confronted with an angry-looking bull during a visit to a farm show.
And the enormous beast wasn't the only one to leave her with ruffled feathers. An Andalusian horse that shied while being gingerly petted by the royal also had her reeling back to safety.
By contrast, husband King Felipe, 46, appeared to take a shine to the horse although even he looked a little on the nervous side while holding the bull's lead rope.

Queen Letizia takes cover behind King Felipe as Spanish royals meet bull in Zafra | Daily Mail Online

Norwegian royal expert Kjell Arne Totland writes at his blog that the new king and queen of Spain are very popular in their home country, because they take time to travel around Spain to meet the thousands of people who come to see them. They take time to meet them, and pose patiently for them, queen Letizia even poses for selfies. Felipe and Letizia also invite more people to meetings and seminars at Zarzuela Palace. And Totland writes that he fell in love with the selfie of Felipe and Letizia with the swimmers at the Palace. Totland asks when his royals will do the same?
Se selfien som sjarmerer Spania i senk! Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Translation

:previous:Great pictures, this goes to show how all royal families should be, and yet some aren't. This couple are really great for Spain and they are such a loving caring couple as is CPVictoria and PDaniel. Love both of these royal couple and look forward to many more pictures of them like this in the future. This makes me want to go to Spain and hopefully run into them......I know, fat chance......:lol:

It helps that Felipe married a woman whose career was geared to PR and image-sell with the public. This makes all the difference. :flowers: (Another example of this is Sophie Wessex, wife of Prince Edward.)

Letizia's instincts are potentially key to Felipe at this juncture. They are in damage control because of the past king and the recent royal scandals. In making this observation I am not making any less of what is being done. Their professionalism and polish is evident and not to be gainsayed.

I would say that Letizia is a happy serendipity for Spain. However, I am not so sure that one wants this as a criteria for (all) royalty. It clearly makes for success, but why actively seek for royalty to be so calculating in a personal sense as such requires. If it comes naturally, as a skill set, fine. But as an on-demand 'show', no. We already have too much of that imo, as evidenced in the overly critical aspect of (female) royal fashion. (If she gets it 'right', fine, but the idea that there is a fashion 'requirement' for the camera, leaves me cold).

Last edited:
It helps that Felipe married a woman whose career was geared to PR and image-sell with the public. This makes all the difference. :flowers: (Another example of this is Sophie Wessex, wife of Prince Edward.)

Letizia's instincts are potentially key to Felipe at this juncture. They are in damage control because of the past king and the recent royal scandals. In making this observation I am not making any less of what is being done. Their professionalism and polish is evident and not to be gainsayed.

I would say that Letizia is a happy serendipity for Spain. However, I am not so sure that one wants this as a criteria for (all) royalty. It clearly makes for success, but why actively seek for royalty to be so calculating in a personal sense as such requires. If it comes naturally, as a skill set, fine. But as an on-demand 'show', no. We already have too much of that imo, as evidenced in the overly critical aspect of (female) royal fashion. (If she gets it 'right', fine, but the idea that there is a fashion 'requirement' for the camera, leaves me cold).
If my memory is correct Queen Letizia was a journalist, not in PR. Two different lines of work.

If my memory is correct Queen Letizia was a journalist, not in PR. Two different lines of work.

Yes a very accomplish journalist. Nothing fluffy about that line of work.

Correct, yes. :flowers: But she was a television journalist which means that she has a skill-set to do with image, how one manages oneself in public. I can see her PR skill in clear evidence in videos. She understands what she has to do around a camera. (She probably could have a side-line business teaching other royals the image ropes. :p )

Also, as a journalist, she more than most will understand the in-and-out of public relations. My comment stands, and to be clear, my comments are not meant in any way other than factual. My point was that Spain has lucked out with the woman Felipe married.

There is no reason to suppose any other royal family will have that insider's understanding of image and public relations with the press. As a result, (imo) no other royal family should try to imitate what Spain's royal couple is doing. It cannot be imitated. To do so would be false for the other royals.

Last edited:
Where are the 12october pics ??? please !!!

What event are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom