Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 4: December 2006 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo said:
Well, it is good to see such a variety of opinion here. And also good that we are not comparing two toddlers but two schoolsystems. However a discussion on the pro's and con's of sending children to school at what age is more appropriate for the members corner I think, or maybe there are special forums for schoolsystems around the world to? I am sure some international teachers organisation would have started such a thing by now ;)
And at least we all agree that it is a good thing that the Princes of Asturias respect the schoolsystem of the country where they are living in, just as do the other royal families.

I agree totally with you, it's simply a question of good sense, you have to do as the schoolsystem of your country to raise up your chid/children. As you said it's concern the schoolsystem.:flowers:

Humm. I really should want to know what are the allowed issues in a "Royal Forum", other than nice babies, nice dresses and so on...Recently, I was warned about politics and religion (yes...I already knew we couldn't discuss these issues here, but they just slippered from me , since these two little things that makes people to go angry and fight are mixed in all matters of our lives), and well...I agreed to left them aside (even if in my private life I can't live without politics and religion). But now, I see we can't ever discuss how our little Royals are educated! This is jut too much!

Of course, all important issues will made people to fight fiercely, but if we cut out them to avoit this, it will happen that people wouldn't have the freedom of disagree with oficial versions of things, or to express their opinion that things are going bad in the world.

If we are here, discussing Royals, is for we are interested in them . They are, in some way, interesting for us. There will be some people that likes them for they are like movie stars for them, and this is right if they are happy with it: so, they dicuss tiaras, and dresses, and hairdoss...But there also are some that are interested in Royal for other reasons than that: they are symbols for us, and it is normal that we are concerned about Princes education or welfare, and about how Monarchy is turning out to be at XXI Century. We can't avoid to discuss issues like marriage of the royals, their importance as national symbols, what role they have in the ruling of their country, divorce, etc...I know these are very controversial issues...But why discussion is look as a bad thing? Why can't us agree or disagree? Personal opinion that doesn't fit the globalized establishment views is forbidden?

For me, Infanta Leonor is to little to go to baby school, and little children must be educated by their parents until they have at least four or five years old. At home. I have the better of my souvenirs when I was little and spends nice , funny days with mines and my grannies will come to make me cakes and going with me to walk...Infanta leonor will be less fortunate than me, poor thing.

Vanesa.

biboquinhas said:
I didn't compare Leonor to Christian and in my opinion one year old is enough and the perfect time to start school in all countries, Denmark, Spain, Portugal...My kid is 15 months year old and he loves to play with other children, he knows how to share toys, and he is not afraid of other children, I cannot say the same of my friend son who is beeing raise by his grandmothers. He is very spoil, he doesn't want to play with other kids, he doesn't know how to play, how to share his toys, he only knows and wants his parents and his grandfathers! So in my opinion Princess Leonor should go to school very soon.

Here we go again! you said it yourself that you're not comparing Leonor with Christian. But it sure looks like you do! I've read some of your posts and honestly your posts are going to the direction of "Leonor vs Christian or Mary vs Letizia". As much as I would like to see Leonor goes to school I also think that considering her age now I don't think it is wise to send her to nursery school just like other royal children. I agree with someone here who said that it basically depends on the norm of each country. Here in the Phils. children start nursery school between the ages of 2-3. And don't forget that the first things/lessons that a child should know must basically come from their parents. When Leonor reaches the age of 2-3 and we all know that her parents taught her the basics then it is wise to send her to nursery schools to learn how to interact with other children. Before a child can acquire/learn interactiong with other children and that usually happens when they are at school, he/she must first learn the basics beiong taught by parents. I strongly believe in this "parents should teach their kids first then teachers program" bec for me it is the best way to raise your child (learn at home then at school). I do believe that some in this forum would disagree re my post but as I've said earlier sometimes it depends on the norm each country has.;) ;) ;) I've been thinking why the subject of education being brought in the forum of Leonor just because another royal child starts goiung to school. This my friend is a never-ending discussion! Of course, they are all royals so the subject brought about by one royal would and has a very high chance of being brought up to the forum of another. This is why forums and differences exist. Let the parents decide how they should raise their children. When did Felipe/Letizia start going to school? Maybe if we know his age at that time we can conclude the reason behind Leonor's school program.

Last edited:
As you say it depends of each country and each family. I think that whatever they have choosed for Leonor it's what thay have think the best thing for their baby.
I have two boys one has been in a guardery at 4 months and the other has been only at school at 3 years. Neither of them is spoiled and they are the same with others children. I think it depends of the education of the parents too. If Leonor is sometimes with friends' children, her cousin she is not without any contact with ithers children.
In my opinion it's not a ggod idea to put a child in a gardery or at school for the first time so closed the baby's birth. He could imagine his parents put him/her away because they have a new baby !

I remember seeing pics of Infanta Cristina's daughter, Irene, going to school in Spain....so it must not be unusual in this country for babies to go to school so young. Although I think Irene is a few months or more older than Leonor.

Donna B.

One years old is véry young

In the Netherlands, a country with a relative low % of women's participation in work, the number of home-deliveries is the highest in the developed world. And the number of moms taking a break from career is the highest as well.

The obliged age for the first school is the year is 4 years. Used to that, Prince Christian and Infanta Leonor are véry young in my eyes.

:flowers:

Princess Catharina-Amalia becomes three this year. She will most likely take her first steps in school in August 2008 (she will be 3,5) or August 2009 (she will be 4,5).

Henri M. said:
In the Netherlands, a country with a relative low % of women's participation in work, the number of home-deliveries is the highest in the developed world. And the number of moms taking a break from career is the highest as well.

The obliged age for the first school is the year is 4 years. Used to that, Prince Christian and Infanta Leonor are véry young in my eyes.

Princess Catharina-Amalia becomes three this year. She will most likely take her first steps in school in August 2008 (she will be 3,5) or August 2009 (she will be 4,5).
But it is not school, it has nothing to do with schooling. And has we not learnt that Princess Amalia started going to some play group(day nursery or something like that) a place close to her home when she was around 2, I thought that was posted at the time?

In Denmark and Norway the % of women who work full time is very high, and alot of women go back to work when their 1 year payed maternety/paternety leave is over, therefor most kids has to be placed somewhere at that age, and hence Christian is actually later than what is usual in Denmark.

He will most likely not start school until the year he turns 6, so here he will actually be older than in other european countries.

Last edited:
In my opinion it's not a ggod idea to put a child in a gardery or at school for the first time so closed the baby's birth. He could imagine his parents put him/her away because they have a new baby !
Yes, but maybe it's better for a child to be put in school/kindergarten/daycare before the birth of the sibling than after! I mean, as long as the baby is not born, the eldest child will feel less put aside...

Time to close this thread. The new thread can be found here

We strongly hope that the discussion about the time in which Infanta Leonor's education should start is left in this thread and not carried on to the next one.

Each country and each court has its own way to deal with things and it's not fair to compare, even more when we're talking about babies that are just a little over 1 year old.

thank you,
The Spanish Forums Moderating team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom