The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Do you remember that some months ago, about Christmas time, some people thought that Infanta leonor had lost her little leg for she was standing without showing it? Well...What can they said now , that she appeared walking nicely with her granny and her cousins?

Vanesa.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Courtier

First steps for Infanta Leonor.

Princess Leonor takes her first steps in public

Old 03-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Moderator Emeritus

So cute! Thanks for sharing the videos! It's great to see Leonor walking (she does it very well already)! She's just too cute for words!

Old 03-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Infanta Leonor is beautiful...I'm sure when she grows into a young woman she will be stunning.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

Aww she looks so cute walking
Old 03-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the video
Old 03-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

How nice baby! Thanks for the link.

Vanesa.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Aristocracy

She looks so cute!!
Thanks for the link Gita
Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Great vidio thank you .... PL looks sooooo sweet
Old 03-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Aristocracy

So sweet, a beautiful little girl and it's so great to see her out with her cousins walking.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Aristocracy

Wow the kids and especially Leo are so cute in the video. Leo walks really well.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

On a journalistic point of vew, Hola ( or Hello ) seems to have a good business with the firts steps of the Infantita. Had they really the total exclusive news about this so simpathetic event. For the video too they are alone!!! They are lucky, aren't it?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

Red face I have a question...

Over in the current events thread for Prince Christian it was posted today that he will be attending daycare. I'm somewhat new to royal watching but this seems odd that a royal child would be going to daycare. I understand he'll probably by around other kids and learn some things like shapes, colors, etc., which will be good for him. But it just seems a little too "normal" for a royal in my opinion. Maybe I've spent too much time in the boarding school thread, not sure.

But anyways, what are others opinions, will we soon see little Leonor going to daycare?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810

But anyways, what are others opinions, will we soon see little Leonor going to daycare?
A few months ago was commented that the Infanta Leonor would begin soon the child-care, precisely to be able to be surrounded with more children ... but up to the moment there has been no type of official commentary on the topic. Not that will decide the Royal Household, if the girl will begin soon the child-care, or now that will have a sister she will be with her in house.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

I said daycare. Which is how it was written about Christian but I think it's really more like a nursery school type of thing. Just wanted to make that clearer. Because here in America daycare is something very different then nursery school.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
I said daycare. Which is how it was written about Christian but I think it's really more like a nursery school type of thing. Just wanted to make that clearer. Because here in America daycare is something very different then nursery school.
Which is the difference?

For the present time, there is no news of which Leonor is going to go out of Palace, and maybe if the Princes have not taken her already, now they decide to wait. The vacations begin next week and to the return a little time will stay in order that the Infanta is born. I have read that is not positive to start taking a child to the child-care rightly when a new brother or sister is going to be born, because the child can feel displeased if you separate him of home rightly when the new one comes.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Which is the difference?

For the present time, there is no news of which Leonor is going to go out of Palace, and maybe if the Princes have not taken her already, now they decide to wait. The vacations begin next week and to the return a little time will stay in order that the Infanta is born. I have read that is not positive to start taking a child to the child-care rightly when a new brother or sister is going to be born, because the child can feel displeased if you separate him of home rightly when the new one comes.
The difference in America daycare or child care is for a child who's parents are working and can't be at home with it. But nursery school or pre-school is for a child to go for a few hours a day(usually morning b/c studies have shown that children learn better in the morning). The child is then picked up by the parent/parents afterwards. Many stay at home moms put their kids in nursery school so the kid can be around other kids but also so that mommy can have some relaxing time. But it's very school and social oriented. There might be some of the same things done at daycare but daycare is usually all day long until the parents get off work.

Oh and about the study you read about taking a child out of the house when a new baby is due. That's really interesting I can see how it would be a little weird for the child. When I heard today that Christian was going to nursery school I thought it was odd just b/c of the time of year, in America we're heading into the end of the school year not the beginning. So the timing just seems off but maybe the school year runs differently in Denmark. We have school from September thru to June. However, we do have some year around schooling in some parts but still typically a child would start nursery school at the beginning of the school year(September) not just whenever.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

IMO She's still to little she's only 16 months old for that maybe at 3 is okay.. but again just my opinion.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you, already I deal, in Spain there are no different names, the child is 1 hours or the whole day, the place receives the same name.

It was not a study, simply it was a commentary that I have read, and that does not stop having certain logic. For a small child, to leave it for the first time out of house with persons whom does not know is in certain form " to leave it ", at least until gets used to the new routines. If to it you join the logical jealousies that are had when a new brother or sister comes, it is logical to think that if both things join, the child feel that they have displeased it.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
IMO She's still to little she's only 16 months old for that maybe at 3 is okay.. but again just my opinion.

Thank you! I think the same. I have heard of some toddler nursery schools but I thought that usually started at age 2 or 3. I think both Christian and Leonor are too young at this point.

Closed Thread