The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I have a little niece 2 months older than Leonor and omg it is so funny, every thing you say she repeats it, I love her hearing her it's so cute!

So I wonder do we have any news about Leonor speaking skills? ..Can you imagine Leonor repeating everything Felipe and Letizia say ..

Old 01-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope we won't get into the field of personal comments (a couple of which were deleted, since they didn't add anything to the general discussion). Remember everyone has the right of his/her opinion.

Let's really wait for some actual news on Infanta Leonor to continue the discussion.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
We are tired, why do people have to compare Spanish Cps with Denmark Cps?

It's ridiculous, if you are happy with Denmarks, just go to their threats, Spanish CPS don't want to be like others one, they are who they are.

Who has said that they don't take Leonor for a walk? One thing is that peple don't realise about their privte schedule, but other thing is to say that Leonor is in the palace all day long, and that she doesn't meet other children.

Please no more comparations it so naugthy.
Why are comparisons naughty? I don't think I understand. It is a legitimate question. I have never, ever seen Leonor doing things like her cousins? I know, I know it is not the same, but before being a princess, she is a child!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Why are comparisons naughty? I don't think I understand. It is a legitimate question. I have never, ever seen Leonor doing things like her cousins? I know, I know it is not the same, but before being a princess, she is a child!!!!
May be you are exagerating a little bit, she did some proms in her troley exactly as her cousins!!! and we saw her a lot...

You are right too, I never seen her cousins doing that:

http://s2.supload.com/free/01010569bg1.JPG/view/

( from face to face)
Old 01-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

As a little girl, do you prefere Leonor with her pacifier in her mouth or with her thumb in the mouth?
http://s2.supload.com/free/foto_1leonor.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/foto_4leonor.jpg/view/

Very hard question !
( thanks diez minutos)
Old 01-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Gentry

People seem to have forgotten that we had a deluge of Leonor images during the summer. Wasn't it known as the Summer of Leonor or something to that effect? Just in December, she was out with her parents, her aunts and her cousins during the Christmas holidays in the centre of Madrid for more than two hours! That's one occasion that we have heard of. She was also out with her parents and her cousins at the Field Club in Madrid, according to a journalist. One other occasion was on the birthday of her cousin, Carla. We also hear of her parents taking her out to the homes of friends, etc. She gets out. The papparazi just aren't there to capture those moments. (And I for one am grateful for that.)

Moreover, the pics that we have seen of her cousins lately were of them during the Christmas holidays. They were fairly predictable times and any papparazi with a brain should be able to figure out, e.g the Dukes of Lugo leaving the annual commemoration mass for Jaime's late father, and the Dukes of Palm who seem to have a tradition of walking in the neighbourhood or area where his parents live.

If comparisons are to be made, perhaps we should also take the children of the other crown princely couples into account. Do we see lots of pictures of Elisabeth of Belgium, or Amalia and Alexia of Holland, or Ingrid Alexandra of Norway? It seems to me that those occasions are also few and far in between.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Excellent points Lena T.

Let's try to remember that while these children (Leonor, Alexia/Amalia, Elisabeth, etc.) do have destinies that await them....at present they are just children and not animals at a zoo on constant display.

When the occassion demands it..I am sure everyone will see pics of Leonor. She is an adorable little girl.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
As a little girl, do you prefere Leonor with her pacifier in her mouth or with her thumb in the mouth?
http://s2.supload.com/free/foto_1leonor.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/foto_4leonor.jpg/view/

Very hard question !
( thanks diez minutos)
After some serious consideration, hesitations and misgivings, I finally set up my mind: both pictures are great but I adore this one! She looks so cute.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, here my two cents,

I guess the garden of the house of Felipe and Leticia is large enough to take the little infanta for a walk, so why take her on the streets when she can enjoy all the attractions there? Seems rather illogical to me and it is not done by any royal (on a frequent basis anyway, though they might have done it once or twice). I am sure Leonor sees many people besides her parents, she has a large family and Felipe and Leticia have many friends (with children) to, which Leonor will see. Why on earth would they want to expose her (or any other royal child) to the prying eyes of curious people all the time?
And perhaps Leonor went on trips with her parents which were not photographed by the press. We do not know.

Secondly I wonder why some feel that we haven't been seeing much from the little infanta in the first place. I gather she is one of the most 'visable' young royals around. If I compare it to the amount of pictures of my 'own' Catharina-Amalia in her first year Leonor must have been pictured at 3 times more occasions (or even more then that). The same goes for Elisabeth of Belgium or even Ingrid-Alexandra.

I think in their enthausiasm people might expect to much from these little ones. I would like to see more pictures to, but in the end they are not my children and they deserve some privacy to. That might be one of the reasons why royal families like more staged pictures to (like the christmascard of Leonor and the birthday pictures of Catharina-Amalia), it is in a safe environment and the child won't be to overwhelmed by a huge number of screaming photographers.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dearest friends, you forgive that Leonor is an exceptional girl who Know yet to read and doing Inuit's kisses to her father!!!!

http://s2.supload.com/free/83703_zzl18_462lo.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/720831c083ef8g.jpg/view/

( Thanks Nico Martinez - Breitling race - reuters/yahoo)

But in my opinion, the most important is that Leonor is Infanta of Spain and she is doing her role with great conscience!!!

http://s2.supload.com/free/foto_14leonor.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/Leo_UN_AN.jpg/view/

( thanks diez minutos)

Even if she is able to criticize the King for the color of his shirt, or doing the little frog in the Daddy's arms!!!
http://s2.supload.com/free/502495-20...2927.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/71583344a.jpg/view/

( Thanks "20 minutos and getty image)
Old 01-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I quite agree with you, Zonk and Marengo.
We don't (and can't) know every move of the Princes of Asturias and their family. For all we know, Infanta Leonor is enjoying everything that comes with normal childhood. Or at least, as normal as Future (possible) Queen of Spain can have.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Of course, we can't pretend to monitore all the Infanta Leonorand her parents' activities. This is not good for them, nor good for us, for it would speak about a kind of sick obsession.

The only thing we are asking is a little more information, not all the information!

Vanesa.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, what information can one give of a 1 year old child? 'The infanta ate a lot today' for example? There isn't that much to tell I think.

And apart from that, small royal children are already exposed to a lot of unfamiliar circumstances so they have to be able to do some things in privacy. We can not expect to see/know everything of a royal child, if we want that we should try to get a child for ourselves IMHO :)
Old 01-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

She's so cute with both!

But I love to see babies sucking their thumbs! It is so sweet
Old 03-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

I look forward to seeing Leonor in the next coming months. She is going to look so much bigger, just like a little lady!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Courtier

Leonor´s absence...

....is in my opinion slowly kind of odd. I had the feeling that this child hasn´t got teeth even after her first birthday. In the photos you see some glittering dots on her lower jaw but this is i.m.o. only spittle. Don´t know whether this is one reason they literally seem to hide her. When was she seen (except of the birthday- and christmas-photos) in public last time? Must have been the summer holidays in Mallorca and that is now almost seven month ago. None of the other royal babies are kept in secret the way they do it with Leonor. It´s ridiculous to argue that it´s not good for her to appear in front of the photographers too often.
JUST MY OPINION!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
....is in my opinion slowly kind of odd. I had the feeling that this child hasn´t got teeth even after her first birthday. In the photos you see some glittering dots on her lower jaw but this is i.m.o. only spittle. Don´t know whether this is one reason they literally seem to hide her. When was she seen (except of the birthday- and christmas-photos) in public last time? Must have been the summer holidays in Mallorca and that is now almost seven month ago. None of the other royal babies are kept in secret the way they do it with Leonor. It´s ridiculous to argue that it´s not good for her to appear in front of the photographers too often.
JUST MY OPINION!
Letizia had a very difficult pregnancy, she and Felipe had not been seen out often in their private life. At this time of the year, it's impossible for Letizia to go skiing with the Infantas and their families. They don't live at a house by the street like Cristina's and the paparazzis can't take the pictures of them when they open the door. They did go out during Christmas holidays, it seems that the incompetent paparazzis were not 'lucky' enough to get some pictures.
Anyway, once Leonor starts school (probably next fall), we will see more pictures of her. I bet all my money on the table that the paparazzis will camp out of her school.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

School for little Leonor in the fall? Geesh, it seems she was just born. Is it really getting close to time for her to start school? When little Leonor does start school I really hope the paparazzi isn't sitting outside all day long. That is overwhelming and ridiculous. Maybe a few official pics or something done tastefully but nothing more. I really hope Spain is civilized enough to respect such an event. When Elisabeth of Belgium started school there were some pics but it certainly didn't look to be obtrusive it looked to be done tastefully. The thought of the press camping outside of a school how awful for all children, parents, and teachers that are involoved. Yikes!

I like that the family has privacy. Don't they deserve it? Is there any other crown princely couple in Europe with 44 threads of current events that proves they work hard representing Spain. I think we see Leonor enough. I mean she's a one-year old for goodness sake, we don't need to see her everyday.

I imagine and as well I can hardly wait to see the first pics of the family once the new arrival comes. But I really applaud the SRF for not putting Leonor on display. We have no idea about what goes on behind the scenes and besides do we know if there's a possible "agreement" about how often Leonor is shown. Or maybe not how often but maybe in the manner in which she's shown. Maybe the SRF has an agreement with the press that discourages them from taking traditional paparazzi type pics. Anyways I like how it is, shouldn't the focus be on Felipe and Letizia, after all Felipe is the crown prince and the next king of Spain. And at least as far as I know it's still not fully decided if Leonor will ever be Queen.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
.None of the other royal babies are kept in secret the way they do it with Leonor. It´s ridiculous to argue that it´s not good for her to appear in front of the photographers too often.
JUST MY OPINION!
We don't see the young Belgian princes either and I don't hear the Belgians complaining.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Aristocracy

we have seen the belgian princes in some sessions (I remember one in a park or something like this) and we want to see leonor in Spain just like Juan Carlos and Sofia did with their children...this is I think very important for the future kings and queens.