The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

A gossip.

I don´t Know if it is true or a lie, but since it is nice, I comment the topic, though the way was slightly trustworthy. They were commenting that the Princes had bought Leonor a suit for the snow. I imagine that there will be necessary to wait to see if it is true or not. It is sure that the girl is very nice in one of these suits. In last years, the Prince was in the habit of approaching to ski to Baquiera the weekend nearest to his birthday. It will be necessary to expect and to see if this year they do it or not, because last year they didn´t go.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Gentry

It would be nice if they did go skiing but given Princess Letizia's condition I doubt they will. I would love to see some pictures of the Infanta playing in the snow.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Courtier

Me too! But like Dona Alicia said, with Letizia being pregnant, I also doubt they will go! Maybe next year.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae
Me too! But like Dona Alicia said, with Letizia being pregnant, I also doubt they will go! Maybe next year.
IF!! She's not pregnant..
Old 01-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Aristocracy

They also can go and just Felipe skied while Letizia plays in the snow with Leonor... In January days are short and the Prince can go skiing several hours.... Or stay playing in the snow if he miss too much his wife and daughter !
Well I'm not their "family consultant" and they do as they want !!!
I just would like to see some pics of the princess and the infanta
Old 01-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, it will be a kind portrait of this beloved family!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think is wise to do that because she has now a big belly, and she can stumble in the snow! She will never go out to the snow with Leonor at this time IMO!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I don't think is wise to do that because she has now a big belly, and she can stumble in the snow! She will never go out to the snow with Leonor at this time IMO!
What do you think pregnant women does where there might be snow 4 or 5 months of the year, sit inside and twiddle their thumbs until it is spring or the baby is born? She is pregnant, not sick. So its maybe not wise to go down hill skiing, but normal activity outside in the snow is hardly dangerous, Princess Märtha Louise went cross country skiing when she was 6 or 7 months pregnant with Maud Angelica, not a big deal as long as one dont take big risks.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

During a normal pregnancy women can continue doing what they are used to - P Martha Louise grew up skiing - but not Letizia. It is not logical to compare the two women in regard to skiing. Besides it appears Letizia is not having easy pregnancies - unless you have experienced a difficult pregnancy it is perhaps best to not pass judgement on suitable activities.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
During a normal pregnancy women can continue doing what they are used to - P Martha Louise grew up skiing - but not Letizia. It is not logical to compare the two women in regard to skiing. Besides it appears Letizia is not having easy pregnancies - unless you have experienced a difficult pregnancy it is perhaps best to not pass judgement on suitable activities.
ditto. from all the posts i've been reading, i get the feeling that it hasn't occurred to a lot of people to consider that possibility.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
What do you think pregnant women does where there might be snow 4 or 5 months of the year, sit inside and twiddle their thumbs until it is spring or the baby is born? She is pregnant, not sick. So its maybe not wise to go down hill skiing, but normal activity outside in the snow is hardly dangerous, Princess Märtha Louise went cross country skiing when she was 6 or 7 months pregnant with Maud Angelica, not a big deal as long as one dont take big risks.
To me is not wise at all skiing at 6 month pregnancy, Gosh you are crazy! And I think yes, is really wise to be at home when it snows because is really easy to scromble in the snow!!!!!! But we are talking about Letizia playing in the snow with lillte Leonor to me is not wise that!!!!!!!! Skiing is a very danger sport, even if we take no risks we can have someone pushing and having a rude shock. Martha Loiuse was not wise at all to me!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is it necessary with all the exclemationmarks?
Yes she is pregnant but she is not a porcelaine doll that will break if she takes a little fall in the snow or gets snowball on her, playing with her daughter in the snow is harmless. Noone knows what state she is in, what we know is that she is good enough to hop on a plane to Milan for a private vacation, she is not good enough for standing long times.

What do you think pregnant women did back 100 years ago when they had 10 babies in 8 years, sat inside and twiddled their thumbs? They worked outside prctically until the babies was born.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Is it necessary with all the exclemationmarks?
Yes she is pregnant but she is not a porcelaine doll that will break if she takes a little fall in the snow or gets snowball on her, playing with her daughter in the snow is harmless. Noone knows what state she is in, what we know is that she is good enough to hop on a plane to Milan for a private vacation, she is not good enough for standing long times.

What do you think pregnant women did back 100 years ago when they had 10 babies in 8 years, sat inside and twiddled their thumbs? They worked outside prctically until the babies was born.
Well well well said.
Especially Letizia does not give the impression of being a porcelain doll.
She is strong.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, be sense my friends!

The snow does not look like the place most adapted for any pregnant woman, because a skid or a bad fall can have serious consequences.

But especially ..... have you asked in some moment that probably Felipe and Letizia did not want to go to the snow?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

We can always hope a kind scene of the Princess of Asturia doing a prom on a snow lane holding the hand of the little Leonor walking hesitantly! What a cute vew, isen't it?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Oooohhhh! Cute! Very cute! Don't make me think on this possibility! It would be adorable...

Vanesa.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really cannot understand why Leonor soesn't go out of the Palace!! She must like to see people and to see the world around her!!!She should know how the world outside the Palace is! I don't want to compare but Just to say that prince Christian as gone for a walk with her moom last weekend near the beach, he went, on christmas days to a ver known Park in copehagen!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I really cannot understand why Leonor soesn't go out of the Palace!! She must like to see people and to see the world around her!!!She should know how the world outside the Palace is! I don't want to compare but Just to say that prince Christian as gone for a walk with her moom last weekend near the beach, he went, on christmas days to a ver known Park in copehagen!!!!
We are tired, why do people have to compare Spanish Cps with Denmark Cps?

It's ridiculous, if you are happy with Denmarks, just go to their threats, Spanish CPS don't want to be like others one, they are who they are.

Who has said that they don't take Leonor for a walk? One thing is that peple don't realise about their privte schedule, but other thing is to say that Leonor is in the palace all day long, and that she doesn't meet other children.

Please no more comparations it so naugthy.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
We are tired, why do people have to compare Spanish Cps with Denmark Cps?

It's ridiculous, if you are happy with Denmarks, just go to their threats, Spanish CPS don't want to be like others one, they are who they are.

Who has said that they don't take Leonor for a walk? One thing is that peple don't realise about their privte schedule, but other thing is to say that Leonor is in the palace all day long, and that she doesn't meet other children.

Please no more comparations it so naugthy.
Sorry to interfere, I think it was just a normal question related to a "normal" baby. Of course it does not mean that Leonor stays the whole day inn, they have gardens enough big to allow her to feel the fresh air.
What we may think is that her parents do not really like to "show" her very often, that's it.
The comparison with the danish RF is just because both babies have exactly the same age. And this considering that Danish weather is more agressive for a baby that the spanish, it could look strange.
Of course her parents are free to behavior like they want to, but we are in this forum to discuss about RF, so it is tiring evey time a member says something not very positive, another member shouts. If some members are so fanatic for the royals, they should NOT read these forums. Forum is to exchange opinion, with RESPECT, anb is not showing no respect to Leonor if we say that she loooks very very hidden. Especially for a future Queen......
I do not think that biboquinhas had bad thoughts, but she is free to have her opinion, to whon I also agree.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

As Avalon said, what news about Leonor to speak about?:smartass: