Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 3: August - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rchainho said:
but it is from this week edition. Because the princes want Leonor without the angioma now, so the operation is to be in the next months.

It is not true:bang: . The Princes have got tired of repeating that Leonor's spot will disappear alone with the time, they are not going to submit their daughter to an operation, for such a small spot in the nose. Neither the Royal House nor no Spanish media of communication have turn to speaking on this topic, because the Princes already clarified it.

I do not understand the obsession to invent diseases and operations in a baby. The people do not have conscience.

That silly yellow magazine again?! I can't believe we are discussing that trash... it's like we started discussing the headlines of Woche der Frau or Neue Woche! Who needs to buy a German magazine, when you can have all the trash translated into Portuguese?...:rolleyes:

Please read my previous post in this thread (here's a link- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/522286-post29.html)

This is not just a cosmetic surgery- it's more complicated than that. If Infanta Leonor does have this surgery, it will more than likely be announced by the SRF or by her parents, and may not even happen in Spain. This is a very rare surgery, only now done in the last years, and a very specialized one- few doctors are really qualified to do it. I know of a few hospitals here in the US that do it (usually only the top hospitals) because of it. Due to the size of the hemangioma, the age of Leonor, and the placement of the hemangioma (on her nostril), it would be even more complicated. (there is always the risk for blood loss, and there is a definate risk that the nostril could collapse, or cause trama to the nose.) I think it would require at least over night hospitalization. I know I have said it before, but I don't think many people truly comprehend that the hemangioma really will sink and pale greatly, so it won't even be visible unless you are standing next to her staring at her nostril. Because of that fact, and because of the high risks of surgery, I don't think that F & L will have it done. I will continue to doubt it until I hear something from the princes themselves.

Actually, I just found a good article about hemangiomas. I knew that you could have traditional surgery (with a scalpel, by hand), but this is talking now about new laser and medical treatments. Now that I can see F&L doing.

Here is the article- it is from the Mayo Clinic, regarded as one of the US's (actually, the world's) best hospitals
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hemangioma/DS00848/DSECTION=1

As the issue has already been discussed and as in case the operation really takes place, it is likely to be announced by the Spanish Royal Family, we better stop the discussion until a credible source confirms it or the Spanish Royal Family confirms it.

Any posts on this issue will be deleted.

Thank you for co-operation

Last edited:
Infanta Leonor Royal Boom

Well I'm happy because I read it in a post not exist the preference between male and female... is not exist Infanta Leonor can reign in Spain and has the Queen Leonor??

I found an information about Leonor
http://dayanaratorresfancluboficial.org/letizia-spain04.html

And about the information not exist the preference(*)
http://actualidad.terra.es/sociedad/articulo/varon_no_tiene_preferencia_mujer_1180152.htm

(*) I found in News from the Spanish Nobility but I dont remember who post the link...

Thanks

The man will let have preference on the woman in the succession of the nobiliarity titles and Greatnesses of Spain as of next day 19, date of the take effect of the equality law on this type of historical dignities.

The first article of the law affirms that the man and the woman right must equal to happen in the Greatnesses of Spain and nobiliarity titles, without he can be preferred to the people because of sex in the regular order of calls.

The second article indicates that ' those forecasts of the Real Letter of concession of the title will let have legal desired effects that exclude the woman of the calls or that they prefer to the man in equality of line and degree or only of degree in absence of line preference or which they contradict of any way the equal one right to happen of the man and woman'.

If this is true.... Infanta Leonor can the third Princess of Asturias and the future Queen of Spain??

If she can the title of Queen of Spain what title has her future husband?

No she can't. The article (which, btw, was from January 2006) states that men and women will be equal in the rights to titles, but not in the rights to the throne, or any titles associated with it.Here is a couple of paragraphs from the article (Translation by me!). These are the important ones- the rest talk about historical precedence and other minutia that don't apply to what we're talking about. If you want me to translate the entire article, PM me, and I will, but I cannot post it due to copyright rules. Link to article http://actualidad.terra.es/sociedad/...er_1180152.htm

The male will stop having preference on the woman in the succession of titles and Greatness {in other words, magnitude, standing, importance} of Spain, on the next day, the 19th, the date the law of equality on this type of historic dignitaries, goes into effect.

With this new regulation, it excludes the titles of the Crown, the titles linked to the crown traditionally, and the titles of the Casa Real, {the royal house}, and they will be governed for their own regulation.

In other words, this does not apply to the royals, including Infanta Leonor. The old laws of succession applies to the Casa Real, so if Leonor gets a male sibling, he will precede her in the rights of succession, as CP Felipe precedes his older sisters, Elena and Cristina. The only titles that are affected would be Spanish nobility. It doesn't mention the titles of the dukes of Lugo and Palma de Mallorca, but I think those are personal titles, anyway, and not able to be inherited.

Exact Lady.:flowers:

A thing is the Wreath, and another the nobility titles.
The Succession to the Wreath is governed by the Constitution, the titles of the nobility by normal laws. They are different things.

Thanks Lula and LadyK...

How I read about the title of Greatness of Spain I think she can... If the baby has expecting Princess Letizia is a girl and the other pregnant born a boy, how ever pass the same thing with Infanta Elena when born Prince Felipe?

Why not reform the Cosntitution because in Norway and Sweden reform that? Ingrid Alexandra has the future queen and Crown Princess Victoria too...

I think is not just is discrime...:sad:

Anybody knows when are they (the Princes) going to pierce Leonor's ears?

Last edited:
what do you mean? Do you mean when are they going to pierce her ears? Or is there something weird about her ears?

LadyK said:
what do you mean? Do you mean when are they going to pierce her ears? Or is there something weird about her ears?

May be I'm wrong but I think it's something about the piercing of ears because the in spanish culture quiet all the little girls wear earrings since they are babies.

But as you can see nor Victoria of Marichalar y Borbon neither Irene Undargarin y Borbon have theirs ears pierced and I don't think that the little Infata wiil have the ears piercing sooner ( may be I'm wrong it's only a feeling:flowers: )

LadyK said:
Do you mean when are they going to pierce her ears?
Yes..
My parents pierced mine when I was like 2 days old. Maybe in Spain they do it when they're older..

Last edited:
Mari_* said:
Yes..
My parents pierced mine when I was like 2 days old. Maybe in Spain they do it when they're older..

I ask me the same question

letizia had her ears precing on his photographs when she was a baby
maybe felipe doesn't want

Maybe they want Leonor herself to choose wheather she wants to have her ears pierced or not.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Maybe they want Leonor herself to choose wheather she wants to have her ears pierced or not.
If it's that.. I hope she wants to!

Letizia was soo cute!

Thanks, because I didn't know. Here, it varies a lot- most people wait until they are around ten or more years old.

Donde están las fotografías?!?!?!?!?

Where's the pictures??!?!?!?!

It's a pitty that we cannot see Leonor more often and enjoying some normal days with their parents in the streets of Madrid! Sometimes it would be good for the little one to go out of the Palace! Life is out of the Palace not inside

I do not understand to some people in their persistence in seeing the princes in the street. Always the same complaining everything.:bang: :bang: :mad:

I'm not complaining!!!! To me is quite obvious that they don't want to take litlle Leonor out of the Palace! And please don't talk about Mallorca again!

biboquinhas said:
I'm not complaining!!!! To me is quite obvious that they don't want to take litlle Leonor out of the Palace! And please don't talk about Mallorca again!

Your you do not know what the girl goes out of Palace, that the press does not obtain the images it does not mean that the girl does not go out.

For the place where they live, for their type of life, for the type of city that is Madrid, for safety motives ... it is very strange that the press manages to catch the Princes in Madrid. The Princes go out to the cinema, to have dinner and visit the family of the Princess and the friends, and the press almost never obtains images.

When the Princes of Asturias will decide they can show their little girl to public, they will undoubtedly do so.
Meanwhile, there is no point wondering why we don't see more pictures of Infanta Leonor. The Princes of Asturias are free to decide what is the best for their daughter - have a quiet life inside the palace (or out of the camera's way) or in the spotlight.

One more time, i's obvious that the Princes of Asturias don't want to have private life gaved as a bone to gnaw by all this spanish and foreign yellow press. It's a very legitimate right.

The Princes of Orange had succes to negociate their family peace against some photosessions except this ones, you can't see W.A doing shopping at the butcher with his daughters or Maxima playing in the garden with Amalia or Alexia.

Why do you want that the Princes of Asturias are changing their habits of descret private life because Leonor.

When you see the way of the photographs to shot the Letizia's belly during the official Hearings, you can understand that they don't want to see more broken the respect of their private life that they are keeping as a first necessity.

As Lula said the Princes are going to diner at friends' houses ( we know sometime with Leonor),or to see movies and so on and we don't have pics.

It's normal, they aren't beasts of zoo. If I remember well, the last year, a lucky shooter had took some pics of the Princes and Leonor at the exit of the dentist!

Last edited:
I am not going to say Mallorca to you; but that the princes do with their daughter which seems better. And another thing that you do not see her in the photos does not mean that the girl does not leave palace; you are not going to try that they call to the journalists so that you see photos of the girl. And I continue thinking the same; you always complain to the same; I do not understand your persistence in that the princes teach to their daughter.

And I feel it if I offend to you; but it is what I think.

They really seem to hide away from the press.
I wonder when and where they take Leonor out??? :ermm:
After the birth we saw Leonor out with her parents for shopping.
But since then???
Well, we saw her in Mallorca during the vacations.. but we never see her outside the palace in Madrid?
Do they always hide her in the palace?
This isn't meant critical or rushing.
I just asked me that question.
Can anyone answer it?

Of course they don't hide her in the palace the whole time. I believe they visit friends all the time accompanied by little Leonor. And also family, they went to Asturias 2 to visit Letizia's grandmother and also visited Letizia's sister for Carla's birthday. But of course the press is not there all the time. ANd that's for the best as well. I think it's good they can do things all 3 together without it being all over the news and in the newspapers the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom