The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Please read above. Just follow the thread.

I read all that it is serious in this thread, if you have serious informations you can give them, I'm sure everybody should thank you.... It's always the same gossips why to speak every time about them.

If you are a littlebite observator, go on the thread about of the presentation of Leonor to N.D of Atocha, you can see on the videos, our dear dear Leonor turning her head when she was hearing the monkes's applauses.....

No comment about the gossips, isen't,

Old 10-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Nobility

The little Infantas a healthy little girl so rumours are rumours

I rememeber reading Queen rania of jordans interview and she mentioned people spreading rumours about her daughter, so its only natural, gossip comes hand in hand with been in public eye !

Old 10-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
I read all that it is serious in this thread, if you have serious informations you can give them, I'm sure everybody should thank you.... It's always the same gossips why to speak every time about them.

If you are a littlebite observator, go on the thread about of the presentation of Leonor to N.D of Atocha, you can see on the videos, our dear dear Leonor turning her head when she was hearing the monkes's applauses.....

No comment about the gossips, isen't,
No one is arguing with you. Please relax and enjoy the postings. Yes, you are right.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Aristocracy

Infanta Leonor, in the birthday of her cousin, Carla

Source: ABC (Beatriz Cortázar)

To date, we have seen her always in arms of her parents (mainly her mother, the Princess of Asturias). Infanta Leonor has not yet turned a year old (it will be on the 31st) and it is logical that she is still supported until she walks on her own -- something that can happen soon, as commented by Doña Letizia a few days back when she inaugurated a school in Pozuelo de Alarcón (the first act of her solo agenda).

Also, Infanta Leonor has been shown in different occasions with her paternal cousins, without many images (to date) with their maternal family -- for obvious reasons. But, even if there are no published photos, it does not mean that the little one does not enjoy the company of the Ortiz-Rocasolanos, whom she has visited with her parents on many weekends and without the protocol.

That was the case last week when Leonor went to the birthday of her cousin, Carla, the daughter of her aunt Erika and Antonio Vigo. According to my informers, last Thursday (October 5), Carla Vigo invited her school friends to the house of her grandmother (Paloma Rocasolano) in Moratalaz for a children’s party -- merienda and entertainment by performers to delight the small ones.

This should be something known to the “paparazzi” who were watching the house for guests of the birthday girl; but according to my informers, they did not notice the arrival of Leonor because this time, she was not in the arms of her parents -- a detail that confused them. The friends of Carla were happy to see Leonor take her first steps in the house, always with the help of her aunt Erika and her grandmother Paloma. Now that the Infanta will be celebrating her own birthday, it will not be strange that the Princes will want to mark/celebrate her first year with all their relatives. After all, the photo with her first candle is an important milestone.

Link: http://www.abc.es/20061018/gente-gen...610180250.html
Old 10-19-2006, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really think they should't hide the little girl too much - IMO is a bit exaggerated and that is why too much gossip is said around her!!! Her parents should show her more. Of course everyone is going to say and what about Mallorca? That was the last time and almoust the first time we saw her as a normal baby!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I really think they should't hide the little girl too much - IMO is a bit exaggerated and that is why too much gossip is said around her!!! Her parents should show her more. Of course everyone is going to say and what about Mallorca? That was the last time and almoust the first time we saw her as a normal baby!
I am sure we all want to see more of Infanta Leonor, but she is not a show doll. She is a child and it's up to her parents when and how often to show her. When Infanta grows up, she will be more in the centre of actions (as potential heiress) but right now she's just a little girl and her parents are trying to make sure her childhood is normal and strainless.
As for the gossips - well, that's how gossip magazines survive. Most of the romours (if not all) about Leonor were prooved wrong, so they are trying to make headlines by speculations about rare appearances of Infanta.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Courtier

We don't see much of the Belgian and Norwegian princes either.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Avalon for your quiet words, you are totally right a baby even if it's an Infanta is not a monster of fair.

Plus, after this summer during which we had saw very often a beautiful baby in the arms of the Quenn or her fathers, it's obvious it's a very healthy baby and some journalists found that Leonor was a little bite " exposed" as a forced loved baby by her grandmother The Queen ???? Nobody will never satisfied!!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

she is so sweet, and adorable.
Even with the hemangioma she has. The press and other people make such a big deal about it, but it really isn't one. I had birthmark of that type at her age, but now you can't even see it. Hers will go away as she ages. She cannot really have plastic surgery simply because the type of birthmark makes it extremely difficult and dangerous. Her birthmark, a "strawberry" hemangioma, what it is is a cluster of blood vessels. To remove it, doctors would have to put her under full anestesia (which is already dangerous), then cut and cauterize (seal) each tiny blood vessel, individually, and then connect other ones of the blood vessels so they can still function. Then, a plastic surgeon would come in, and either put in new skin, or something like that. The major danger in this surgery is bleeding and infection.

In other words, she is a lovely, sweet looking baby, and the birthmark doesn't bother her. She may not even really realize it's there. We adore her, and her family loves her, and that's what matters.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

What ever rumors are said about Infanta Leonor should not effect her parents in showing their daughter to the press if they dont want to. If anything is wrong with her, then i think there will be a statment by the house. Leonor is young girl, everyone would love to see her 24/7, but i dont think that is fair to her parents or to the little child.

I am sure, her parents are very proud of her and want to show her off, but once you give the press what they want, they will want more. As read in one of the articles, photographers/papparzi's were waiting outside a house waiting for Leonor, I think if that happens often, then we wont see pictures or her parents will be more protective over her from such people.

When its the right time, we will get to see tons of them
Old 10-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is with the spanish press what is this excessive writing on Leonors health. I cant count how many articles that has been translated to this board talking about her health, when there are no indications she is not healthy. There are babies who have had minor health troubles in their first weeks like Sverre Magnus and Christian but the Danish and Norwegian press dont need to write in the long and the wide how they are healthy and normal weight, or wether they cries or eats, sleeps or poops. Its getting a bit rediculous really. Maybe Felipe and Letizia fuels it by so often commenting on that she is healthy and normal and eats or what not.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
What is with the spanish press what is this excessive writing on Leonors health. I cant count how many articles that has been translated to this board talking about her health, when there are no indications she is not healthy. There are babies who have had minor health troubles in their first weeks like Sverre Magnus and Christian but the Danish and Norwegian press dont need to write in the long and the wide how they are healthy and normal weight, or wether they cries or eats, sleeps or poops. Its getting a bit rediculous really. Maybe Felipe and Letizia fuels it by so often commenting on that she is healthy and normal and eats or what not.
The Cp's should release a statement on her health.It may put a stop to this nonsense.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am thinking over it, and start thinking that Letizia the only one that sees the reality, probably because she is the one that more suffers it.

In a country where certain press does not stand out precisely for respecting the rights as for the minors' appearance in the press; where the President of Government has prohibited the press to photograph his daughters. It is necessary to think that something not this one well.

The press invents Leonor's rumors since she was born, and as soon as they begin, if nobody stops them, it is difficult that they stop. The press will resort always to the freedom of expression, but the freedom of expression cannot be the same one with an adult, that with a child to whom they protect the laws.

If the Royal House, if the King and the Prince do not put any limit to this, most harmed is going to be Leonor. Now Leonor is protected in Zarzuela, but that will happen when she starts going to the school?... The children every time are clever, and they listen the things and they repeat them without thinking over it, or without thinking that they can damage.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Aristocracy

I totally agree with you Lula.
I think that reading this kind of articles the Princes will not be pleased to give some new pics of the Infanta for her birthday and pressed to make a video with her littel girl. If I were them I would be so hungry that I won't do anything, no giving video and fotos.
I hope they are more indulgent and better than me and that we could see new pics of Leonor next week !!!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Seems that the press is so much in need of news to sell they have to create them. The Spanish yellow press is no different than their counterparts in Great Britain, USA or any other country. For years it was the obsession with whom would Felipe marry. Then he gets married and the attention turns toward his wife. Then the baby arrives and the attention of the press focuses on her now.

This week I was reading a fascinating article by John Turhill in the weekend edition of the Financial Times describing the obsession with celebrities from both the people and the news media that fuels up their need for news. What Turhill mentioned in his article about the person he was writing about, Segolene Royal, could easily apply to the attention Leonor will get in the near future. He quoted Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert and his best paragraph (that could apply to Leonor in the future) is:
"...Gilbert says man is the only creature capable of imagining the future, but our imaginations often construct futures at odds with rational expectations, causing unhappiness. Our minds can be tricked, swayed by emotion or outside manipulation. We all are vulnerable to illusions of foresight..."

In sumary, the rumors about Leonor could easily be just that, rumors created by that outside manipulation, the press and their need to get our attention. Leonor is just a baby, a happy and healthy baby like any other one. Her parents talk and discuss her much like any other parent would do, with joy and pride enjoying every single day and every little thing she does at home. No more and no less.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Hi lula, thanks for the article, I'd like to read it in spanish, I clicked on the link and it says that probably the link is wrong, or the page is restringed access
Old 10-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
Hi lula, thanks for the article, I'd like to read it in spanish, I clicked on the link and it says that probably the link is wrong, or the page is restringed access
I have not placed the article , another person has placed it in Spanish, I only have translated it , later they have erased it in Spanish; to accede it is necessary to be registered, but on Monday or Tuesday already you will be able to read it in Spanish without registering
Old 10-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Okay thanks then!
Old 10-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The article was posted by asturiana_. However she posted the whole article in Spanish, without providing translation and therefore the article had to be deleted. Luckily Lula translated it before it was deleted (thank you for that Lula! ).
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Courtier

I can't believe that next tuesday is going to be the big day, Little Leonor turns her first year, time passed so soon.