The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
Probably Elena's is more equilibrated than her siblings.
Elena also has problems with the press, a few months ago she got angry with a few journalists who were in the door of the college of the children. The Infanta Cristina did not like the photos of her children in pyjamas.

It is a problem of a type of press that has lost the course . For example, the President Zapatero has prohibited that no mass media should publish images of his daughters, and the mass media are obligated to cover the face of the children, if they do not have permission of his parents, things that not always make.

Leonor is a baby, and she it is before being Infanta, the logical thing is that her parents they want that while it is possible the girl has a normal life, thing that surely will lose when she begins the school. Her life is going to belong very different from it from her cousins, the expectation that exists with her is very much major. For certain factors (the place where they live, the safety, the privacy, the harassment of the press ...) the Princes are not in the habit of coming to many public places out of their official activities ... at some time to the cinema, to having dinner ... and often to houses of relatives and friends ... but nothing more.

The Princess causes many expectation, and Leonor furthermore... Letizia already has remained almost enclosed in a shop because the door was full of people. When they went to Chinchón with the Princes of Vidin, there spread the news of which they were there and the whole people surrounded them. If they were taking the expectation to Leonor with them it would be very much major, and real problems might be created. In Atocha the Princes had to protect the girl because the people wanted to touch her, and it cannot be, because she is a baby. Because of it it is normal, that her appearances are very controlled, and limited to more familiar acts.

Leonor does not even have, is going to have a normal infancy. And it has good things and bad things.
Lately the press chases very much Erika, and several Erika's images have published with her father, her stepmother and her daughter Carla (even with her ex-), enjoying all of a field day, riden horses. Nice images of a close family, and of a grandfather delivered with her granddaughter, playing constant with her. The magazine was doing the commentary of what they would like to see these images with Leonor. Also they were commenting on something that seemed to my me to be very hard, not if a hypothesis of the magazine or something real, and it is that they were commenting that the parents of the Princess were conscious that they might never have with Leonor the relation that they have with Carla.

Do what the princes do this summer, the press is not going to have sufficiently and always they are going to want more. I assure you that they will not conform to a few official photos initially of the vacations.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
I don't see the fact of not having Leonor's photos day in day out it is a question of keeping her privacy or protecting her from paparazzi.
I agree with you but...I suppose that for example now that they begin their vacations in mallorca, they would like to go with his baby of soping without being followed for parazzis.:)

Old 07-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
I agree with you but...I suppose that for example now that they begin their vacations in mallorca, they would like to go with his baby of soping without being followed for parazzis.:)
If the paparazzi were kept to a prudential distance and were not a nuisance nothing would pass, but the problem, it is that already do not behave this way. Before real paparazzi it was hiding and doing photos without nobody saw him ... now they chase and harass. Besides, if the paparazzi start creating mess immediately the people realize that they are there and start centering.

I remember last year the day of the Cup Breitling, and the face of burden of the Prince when a photographer chased them up to a private zone.
This is a business, and the photos that the whole world has do not cost anything, which matters are the photos that nobody has and cost a lot of money. Because of it always they will want more.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
If the paparazzi were kept to a prudential distance and were not a nuisance nothing would pass, but the problem, it is that already do not behave this way. Before real paparazzi it was hiding and doing photos without nobody saw him ... now they chase and harass. Besides, if the paparazzi start creating mess immediately the people realize that they are there and start centering.

I remember last year the day of the Cup Breitling, and the face of burden of the Prince when a photographer chased them up to a private zone.
This is a business, and the photos that the whole world has do not cost anything, which matters are the photos that nobody has and cost a lot of money. Because of it always they will want more.
Yes, I agree. I remember a video that was hosted somewhere here, I can't remind the source, though. Paloma Rocasolano, Leti's mother, was going home after work, and a few journalists were running after her and shouted questions like "is Letizia (Letizia, not the Princess) pregnant again or is Leonor seriously ill or will she be operated". It was just 4 or 5 months after Leo's arrival! They repeated it at least few times. Of course Paloma didn't answer but it was impossible for her even to walk normally, they were chasing her. Disguisting. It would be great to see Leo more often, but we shouldn't compare her with other royal babies IMO, since the situation in every country is different and so are the media.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Courtier

The habit of compare royals is boring, i think it is part of human behavior to tend to compare things, but most of the time, specially with royals it is being misused just for the purpose of make someone looks better than other. That is not fair and i am quite sure, those royals, who by the way are human beings, have a good relationship between them and they are far from looking being compared and gain respect because they do things better than other royals. It is not a competition and each country will evaluate their royals by their own standards not by the standards that royals can be measure in other countries.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:11 AM
Serene Highness

Leonor conquista Palma de Mallorca
http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal...noticia230.htm
The daughter of Princes of Asturias is the absolute protagonist in her first summer in the Balearic island.

Although his sailboat, the "Aifos", came in as the last of the twenty participants of the Breitling Regatta, the Prince had his special prize with the visit of his daughter, the Infanta Leonor. The little one, who turns nine months old on July 31, already had her baptism of the sea and sun in Mallorca.

The youngest granddaughter of Their Majesties has been the absolute protagonist of the weekend in the Balearic island. With a pacifier, with gorrito, a striped dress and the sandals menorquinas or with a pink t-shirt, Leonor has taken a walk by Puerto Portals - where the regata took place and where her grandfather also participated, -with her mother and the Queen.

On Saturday Don Felipe was seen doing his role as father. The Prince was spellbound with his daughter, and apart from giving her kisses and caresses, he wanted his teammates to know the "apple of his eyes".

The Prince then handed over the little one to her mother and later, Doña Sofía, Letizia and Leonor embarked in the "Somni" to watch the regatta on the high seas.

Leonor is already almost nine months old and is starting to stammer her first words. Among them is "amama", which is what the little one calls her grandmother, the Queen. That is also what the other grandchildren call Doña Sofía, which was the same affectionate form that the Spanish Sovereign called her grandmother, Victoria Luisa of Prussia.

When the daughter of the Princes calls her grandmother, with a little help of "translation" from Doña Letizia, the Queen's face lights up. Doña Sofía is proud of her granddaughter and, during their strolls by the sea, it has been possible to see the image of a grandmother totally spellbound with the girl.

Leonor learns fast, and if last Saturday her mother helped her with greeting the people who were calling for her, the following day the Infanta moved her little hands on her own.

So that the rumors that Doña Letizia does not like to spend the summer in Palma de Mallorca are finished, the Princess made it clear that she is enchanted with the island and that she is very happy there.

Also taking advantage of the presence of the various media outlets there, the Princess de Asturias clarified that she does not have any nutritional [eating] disorder: "I am not [getting] thin, [I already] am thin, as are my mother and my sisters".

cute pic there by Diez Minutos. translation and editing by yours truly. :)
Old 07-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

awwwww she looks really cute
Old 08-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Gentry

She is deffinately one of the most cute royalbabies...
Old 08-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Nobility

I still wonder what is wrong with her nose? That little scab or scratch never seems to go away. Anywho, I agree with the consensus, Leonor is the cutest royal baby out there!!! Her pale skin and bright blue eyes, she's gonna be a heartbreaker...!

Ani
Old 08-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

What Leonor has in her nose is a 'hemangioma' (sp?). It's a birth mark that is sad to go away as time goes by.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Angioma. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angioma
Old 08-02-2006, 01:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love photos of Queen Sofia and her grandchildren. I don't yet see a clear resemblence to either of her parents.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:58 AM
Aristocracy

I truly believe she looks exactly like her father......which
Old 08-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Nobility

The German press already found a fiancè of height to Leonor Elsemanaldigital.com MARINE PRINCESS With its vestidito of white red rays and and its small hat to game, Leonor, without to have turned a year, already learns to salute. PRINCE On board The first boat trip of Christian was official more than the one of Leonor, but the boy seemed to enjoy, protected by his mother Mary always well. In the sea, Doña Letizia gives one hundred and borders to the proud Stretcher As much the daily Bild sensationalist, published by Axel Springer, like the Bunte magazine, dedicates to this special Wednesday attention to the vacations of the Kings of Spain. 2 of August of 2006. While papa Felipe and the grandfathers Juan Carlos participate in the most important regata of the Majorcan summer, the small Leonor observes everything with curiosity everything what happens around to his. First vacations in Majorca are his and seems enchanted of their marine life of the yacht Fortune in company of the Sofía grandmother and Letizia mother on board. Very far from warm Mediterranean waters, in Scandinavia, a small prince, in arms of his mother Mary, princess of Denmark, also lives his first marine experiences on board on a boat. One is Christian, successor of the throne that at the moment her grandmother occupies Daisy and that later his papa will occupy Federico. The papas of Christian and Leonor married with one week of difference, in May of 2004. Princess Mary gave to light in Copenhagen the 15 of October of 2005, the daughter of Doña Letizia and Don Felipe was born in Madrid the 31 of October of 2005. They are many coincidences in his lives and, according to Bunte, the marine liking of both can be the beginning of a pretty friendship, since they will have many occasions to agree in the next years. The magazine, like Bild, dedicates an ample gallery of photos to the sport vacations of the Spanish real family.
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/54737.asp?tt=
Old 08-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Oh! What a lovely thing! Just imagine infanta Leonor being Prince Christian's fiancée!!! The cuties of the cutiest!!!

Did you notice what a wonderful bunch of royal babies we have? They are all beatiful...Infanta leonor, prince Christian, Prince Sverre Magnus, Prince Aiko, Princess Catharina-Amalia and her sister Alexia. They are such lovely little cutie pies!

Vanesa.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
Oh! What a lovely thing! Just imagine infanta Leonor being Prince Christian's fiancée!!! The cuties of the cutiest!!!
It would be quite impossible for Leonor and Christian to be together as they're both destined to inherit the throne (I firmly believe that the law will be changed and that Leonor will be Queen).

But Leonor and Sverre...
Old 08-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Nobility

Why would Leonor choose anyone else when she will have her picks among all dark and hunky Spaniards?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I wonder what Felipe thinks about German Press already looking for a boyfriend to his little girl..
Old 08-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
I wonder what Felipe thinks about German Press already looking for a boyfriend to his little girl..
I have a picture in my mind...

As for the royal toodlers she could date... Well, we have two blond brothers of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and her twin cousins (they are only a litttle bit younger than Leo), Prince Sverre, Marius, sons of Prince Joachim of Denmark... Tough decision!!!

Old 08-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
I have a picture in my mind...

As for the royal toodlers she could date... Well, we have two blond brothers of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and her twin cousins (they are only a litttle bit younger than Leo), Prince Sverre, Marius, sons of Prince Joachim of Denmark... Tough decision!!!
Prince Joachim has two really handsome boys, i love them. They are good potential boyfriends for Leonor