Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 1: November 2005 - February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
Welcome to the new thread dedicated to the daughter of Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia.
Infanta Leonor was born on October 31st, 2005.

The birth thread can be found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/its-girl-infanta-leonor-7740.html

To Leonor’s early days of life, see the link:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/infanta-leonors-early-days-life-7771.html

See Infanta Leonor’s presentation to the world in the thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/presentation-infanta-leonor-november-7th-2005-a-7815.html

For the christening thread, please go to:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/christening-infanta-leonor-7826.html

Have fun! :)

Last edited:
The Princes live their first days with Leonor at home

After seven days in the Ruber Clinic, Princess de Asturias could use the room that had prepared with so much tenderness to her daughter, infanta Leonor, an ample and cheery room which is located at the second plant of the house that the Prince constructed in 2002, in El Pardo, close to the Palace of the Zarzuela, residency of the Kings. The room is closely located of Doña Letizia and Don Felipe's and a nursemaid is in charge all the time of the baby, when she is not with her parents.

The Princes' residence, in whose gardens they show up for the first time together as they announced their commitment, is now full of orquídeas, favorite flower of Doña Letizia, and that was used, in addition, in the background at the official photos distributed through the Real House on Monday. These are delicate tropical flowers that the Princess took from the clinic to house, as well as the great branch of white roses offered by her husband at the birth of the Infanta. The other hundreds of branches, as well as many of the gifts, baskets with baby clothes or products of infantile cleanliness and toys, that the Princes received these days, they wanted to have the detail to donate them to centers taht welcome children and mothers without resources and share therefore the samples of affection of Institutions and individuals, with most needed people.

Hard Task
The Princes tries to answer to all the thousands of congratulations that arrived to them via letter, telephone or accompanied by gifts, in the occasion of the birth of their daughter, task that will occupy great part of their time and will reduce hours to their usual work at office.

Imminent visit to the Virgin of Atocha
As it is tradition in the Royal Family - inherited custom from Queen Isabel II, who become very attached to the town of Madrid and added new devotions to the Virgin of Atocha, like going on Saturdays to the prayer of Salve and presenting/displaying to the Virgin the Infants few days after being born - is expected that the Princes take litle Leonor, very shortly, before the Virgin of Atocha Basilica, that was also visited on their wedding day and which they filled with flowers with the birth of their daughter, as well as Almudena and Sacramental Church of San Isidro, as thanksgiving.
As far as the baptism, both Kings as Princes indicated that he will not be celebrated before Christmas, to be able to have time to organize it.

(Published by Hola.com)​

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg051109/prensa/noticias/nacional/nacional/200511/09/nac-nac-020.asp

The Princes of Asturias already enjoyed their first-born in an atmosphere of familiar normality. Don Felipe and Doña Letizia could finally introduce Infanta Doña Leonor to her room, located in the second floor of their residence, near the Princes’ bedroom, where the girl rests placidly, accompanied by a nanny, when she’s not with her parents.

On the other hand, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia faced, on their return from the clinic, a pile of congratulations and gifts, whose senders it is now necessary to answer, in addition to numerous phone calls that need to be given back.

Another question that TRH must solve is the revision of the gifts that have been received during the last months, some of them (similarly to what happened to the branches of flowers that were received in the clinic and then sent to the cathedral of La Almudena, the Virgin of Atocha and the Sacramental Church of San Isidro, in gratefulness for the birth of the girl) the Princes have considered the possibility of sending to centres that take care of people without resources.

Aside from the presence of the baby in the house, who "only eats and sleeps" for now, the main change that the residence of the Princes has noticed during these days is the "invasion" of orquideas. This delicate tropical flower is the favourite one of Doña Letizia and, therefore, she has received many branches, although there are also some branches of roses in the house.

The main occupation of the Princess is taking care of the Infanta, particularly breastfeeding. This way, Doña Letizia follows the medical guidelines recommended by the Doctor, according to which the dreams of the baby should not be interrupted to feed every three or four hours, but that one must give food to the baby, when the own child demands it.

Besides, the Princes are also receiving the visits of relatives and intimate friends. Érika Ortiz, the sister of Doña Letizia (who was in Bilbao when her niece came to the world) was one of them. The other sister,Telma, is in Philippines, working for a NGO, so she has difficulties to interrupt her stay and to make such a long trip.

Meanwhile, the Infanta continues receiving gifts; among them, a basket made by the prisioners from the penitentiary centre of Alcala de Guadaira (Seville), who have embroidered Leonor's initial in some pieces.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Has Letiza 's sisters Telma and Erika seen the baby yet their are no pics but could have come in another way .

Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/artesanos_infanta_leonor_xviii_586677.htm

Valencian craftsmen give a suit of baptism to the Infanta Leonor of Valencian inspired by the 18th century
A group of Valencian craftsmen, with Enrique Marzal to the front, has given the Infanta Leonor a suit of baptizing realized artesanalmente and in native inspired by a model sedates of Valencian of the 18th century. This garment realized as the second suit of baptism, is similar to the one that was made to her mother, the Princess of Asturias on the occasion of her wedding, though in white, and it is accompanied of the pertinent seasoning, combs, mantilla, shoes or underskirt.

http://www.panorama-actual.es/noticias/not182741.htm

Onil will give a doll dressed in baptismal clothes to the Infanta Leonor

Congratulations and more congratulations for the Royal Family. The gifts for the nacimineto of that she might be the heiress of the throne in Spain continue happening. Onil's Town hall will give to the Infanta Leonor a doll dressed in baptismal clothes, which production there entrusted to the New company Mariquita Perez, located in this from Alicante locality, as announced the mayor, Mercedes Mira.

PHOTO FROM HOLA

Attachments

• regalo.jpg
    regalo.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
I must say that the new little infanta sure is pretty! There are some babies that you see and gasp (like say....Catharina Amalia of The Netherlands) and you just hope for the best that they'll get prettier with time (and in that case she certainly did). Infanta Leonor looks absolutely PERFECT though even though some babies obviously can look a bit strange at first!

Spiffy Ballerina, I agree with you! I had a shock when I saw Catharina Amalia as a baby, too :) Elizabeth of Belgium was also a bit of a shock as a baby, but they have both grown much prettier, especially Elizabeth.
But Leonor is just sooooooooo pretty already!

From terra:

Attachments

• 71fa34406fc45g.jpg
    71fa34406fc45g.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 369
  • 71fa34406ff66g.jpg
    71fa34406ff66g.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 456
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Anyway, according to "La Vanguardia", Infanta has already her school:D
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051110/51197239439.html
An Asturian school from Piedras Brancas (Castríllon) has decided to take the name of Infanta Leonor. The private school, which has 106 students at the moment, was founded in 1918, but, till now, it had remained without any name.
Now the school hopes to receive the visit of the Princes of Asturias and their Infanta.

any news on when we'll see the cute little infanta ?? i heard that she's suppose to visit some "church"/ places b4 she get baptised?

Leonor is absolutely lovely, isn't she? In spite of her old-fashioned name... let's be sincere, Leonor is a Granny's name but not a good name for such a pretty little baby. Well, I hope we'll get used soon and find it as beautiful as the baby girl who carries it.

I think she looks a lot like his father, can anyone post some photos of him as a baby?

I personally love it when "old" names come back. It happens in all countries that what we think of as "grandparent" names become the ones in vogue. Leonor is a very beautiful name.

Marinona said:
Leonor is absolutely lovely, isn't she? In spite of her old-fashioned name... let's be sincere, Leonor is a Granny's name but not a good name for such a pretty little baby. Well, I hope we'll get used soon and find it as beautiful as the baby girl who carries it.

I think she looks a lot like his father, can anyone post some photos of him as a baby?

welcome to the forum, Marinona...
i think 'Leonor' is quite unique name and nothing we've expected her to be named. i don't think it's oldish, it's a name that grow and grow on us when we hear it over and over again... i really like this name a lot after hearing it again and again... :) ;)

I was dismayed when I first heard the name Leonor, but I have come to like it very much. It is traditional, yet different, and it has a melodic sound when pronounced the Spanish way. It also has important historic relevance.

SpiffyBallerina said:
I must say that the new little infanta sure is pretty! There are some babies that you see and gasp (like say....Catharina Amalia of The Netherlands) and you just hope for the best that they'll get prettier with time (and in that case she certainly did). Infanta Leonor looks absolutely PERFECT though even though some babies obviously can look a bit strange at first!

lol. that's funny.:)

They're both very special little girls too:p

What a cutie Leoner is. Wow she is very BEAUTIFUL.....
when i look at her face, (is it just me) she looks older than a one week old baby. if i didnt koe anything about her, i would've guess her age to be about a month or two....

Roxsteve said:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2005/11/10/leonor-barbaraortiz/

This article in HOLA, which I cannot access, talks about a coincidence of some sort between the Infanta and "Barbara Ortiz?" Does anyone know anything about this?

It is a story how Barbara parents married the same day as the Princes and their baby - Barbara - was born just a few minutes after Infanta Leonor.

I will translate de article and post is here...

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:
Roxsteve said:
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2005/11/10/leonor-barbaraortiz/

This article in HOLA, which I cannot access, talks about a coincidence of some sort between the Infanta and "Barbara Ortiz?" Does anyone know anything about this?

Here is the article from Hola

"10 NOVEMBER 2005

One says that miracles happen and that the signals are everywhere; and one says, also, that there are chances that give to form the destiny marking some lives for ever. And this one is, without a doubt, the case of new born Barbara Ortiz Vaquero that, like infanta Leonor de Borbón, lives her first hours of existence ignoring that among them exist so particular coincidences. If we had to write a chronicle of the event, we would say that Barbara had delayed her birth - Immaculate, was due to the 20th of October - to arrive into the world next to Leonor just by six minutes from difference. The infant, in Madrid, in a private clinic called Ruber; Barbara, in a hospital of the Social Security, that takes the name of Infanta's grandmother, Reina Sofía. And, also we would say, that if the Infant were born to the 1 and 46 minutes of the dawn; the small Cordovan did it to 1 and 40, weighing and measuring, of course, almost the same.

Their parents married the same day that Princes de Asturias and so makes that sometimes, as happens in this case, there are so many concurrences that is really difficult to maintain the thesis of probability.Detailing probabilities we discovered, among others, that their parents, Inmaculada and Francisco, married the same day that the princes of Asturias: 22 the May of the year 2004 - one dates that it was indicated by the parents of Barbara months before the Spanish real House announced the commitment of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia -; and that Barbara will take the same last name of the Princess: Ortiz. Of course, like Inmaculada and Francisco, other many couples of Spaniards celebrated their weddings in that historical day but, who of all the couples in the same time became parents like Princes de Asturias? None... and, how many of the babies born at dawn of day 31 will be registered with the last name of Doña Letizia?

The enumeration of the great coincidences ends here since Barbara will sleep in a loaned cradle, she has already been on TV, but now she has returned to her humble house - located in a quarter of the outskirts of Cordova, the Orchard of Reina- in the van that her father, Francisco - the same name as Dona Letia maternal grandfather -, uses to work like polisher and ground polisher accompanied by an only gift: a osito of white color received from a journalist of the program "Spain in Direct"... (...)
Of course that, besides making a small chronicle of the event, we had to write a story on the history of both we would add finally that Infant Leonor and the humble Barbara are destined to be in the future in any place of the universe. And that, by then, when that moment arrives, only they will be able to continue the story counting what happened to them and if were a happy end for both."

Barbara Ortiz with her mother, Inmaculada​

Last edited:
lula said:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/artesanos_infanta_leonor_xviii_586677.htm

Valencian craftsmen give a suit of baptism to the Infanta Leonor of Valencian inspired by the 18th century
A group of Valencian craftsmen, with Enrique Marzal to the front, has given the Infanta Leonor a suit of baptizing realized artesanalmente and in native inspired by a model sedates of Valencian of the 18th century. This garment realized as the second suit of baptism, is similar to the one that was made to her mother, the Princess of Asturias on the occasion of her wedding, though in white, and it is accompanied of the pertinent seasoning, combs, mantilla, shoes or underskirt.

http://www.panorama-actual.es/noticias/not182741.htm

Onil will give a doll dressed in baptismal clothes to the Infanta Leonor

Congratulations and more congratulations for the Royal Family. The gifts for the nacimineto of that she might be the heiress of the throne in Spain continue happening. Onil's Town hall will give to the Infanta Leonor a doll dressed in baptismal clothes, which production there entrusted to the New company Mariquita Perez, located in this from Alicante locality, as announced the mayor, Mercedes Mira.

PHOTO FROM HOLA

More pics (Source: EFE):

MTBCM: Thank you for taking the time to translate the article. It was very thoughtful and nice of you mtbcm!! Thank you so much!!! Indeed an interesting article. Thanks again.:D

mtbcm said:
Here is the article from Hola

Barbara Ortiz with her father, Francisco
According to Diez Minutos this is not the father but the mother of little Barbara.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom