The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
I must say that the new little infanta sure is pretty! There are some babies that you see and gasp (like say....Catharina Amalia of The Netherlands) and you just hope for the best that they'll get prettier with time (and in that case she certainly did). Infanta Leonor looks absolutely PERFECT though even though some babies obviously can look a bit strange at first!
lol. that's funny.:)

They're both very special little girls too:p

Old 11-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Commoner

What a cutie Leoner is. Wow she is very BEAUTIFUL.....
when i look at her face, (is it just me) she looks older than a one week old baby. if i didnt koe anything about her, i would've guess her age to be about a month or two....

Old 11-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Courtier

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2005...-barbaraortiz/

This article in HOLA, which I cannot access, talks about a coincidence of some sort between the Infanta and "Barbara Ortiz?" Does anyone know anything about this?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve

This article in HOLA, which I cannot access, talks about a coincidence of some sort between the Infanta and "Barbara Ortiz?" Does anyone know anything about this?
It is a story how Barbara parents married the same day as the Princes and their baby - Barbara - was born just a few minutes after Infanta Leonor.

I will translate de article and post is here...

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 11-11-2005, 06:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve

Here is the article from Hola

"10 NOVEMBER 2005

One says that miracles happen and that the signals are everywhere; and one says, also, that there are chances that give to form the destiny marking some lives for ever. And this one is, without a doubt, the case of new born Barbara Ortiz Vaquero that, like infanta Leonor de Borbón, lives her first hours of existence ignoring that among them exist so particular coincidences. If we had to write a chronicle of the event, we would say that Barbara had delayed her birth - Immaculate, was due to the 20th of October - to arrive into the world next to Leonor just by six minutes from difference. The infant, in Madrid, in a private clinic called Ruber; Barbara, in a hospital of the Social Security, that takes the name of Infanta's grandmother, Reina Sofía. And, also we would say, that if the Infant were born to the 1 and 46 minutes of the dawn; the small Cordovan did it to 1 and 40, weighing and measuring, of course, almost the same.

Their parents married the same day that Princes de Asturias and so makes that sometimes, as happens in this case, there are so many concurrences that is really difficult to maintain the thesis of probability.Detailing probabilities we discovered, among others, that their parents, Inmaculada and Francisco, married the same day that the princes of Asturias: 22 the May of the year 2004 - one dates that it was indicated by the parents of Barbara months before the Spanish real House announced the commitment of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia -; and that Barbara will take the same last name of the Princess: Ortiz. Of course, like Inmaculada and Francisco, other many couples of Spaniards celebrated their weddings in that historical day but, who of all the couples in the same time became parents like Princes de Asturias? None... and, how many of the babies born at dawn of day 31 will be registered with the last name of Doña Letizia?

The enumeration of the great coincidences ends here since Barbara will sleep in a loaned cradle, she has already been on TV, but now she has returned to her humble house - located in a quarter of the outskirts of Cordova, the Orchard of Reina- in the van that her father, Francisco - the same name as Dona Letia maternal grandfather -, uses to work like polisher and ground polisher accompanied by an only gift: a osito of white color received from a journalist of the program "Spain in Direct"... (...)
Of course that, besides making a small chronicle of the event, we had to write a story on the history of both we would add finally that Infant Leonor and the humble Barbara are destined to be in the future in any place of the universe. And that, by then, when that moment arrives, only they will be able to continue the story counting what happened to them and if were a happy end for both."

Barbara Ortiz with her mother, Inmaculada
Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

The father of Doña Letizia Ortiz commented that Princess de Asturias and infanta Leonor 'are very well'. When commenting to him if now that has happened days find already similar to the small one, Jesus answered: ' Still no, he is very small'....

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/...nor_589259.htm
Old 11-11-2005, 06:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/...iii_586677.htm

Valencian craftsmen give a suit of baptism to the Infanta Leonor of Valencian inspired by the 18th century
A group of Valencian craftsmen, with Enrique Marzal to the front, has given the Infanta Leonor a suit of baptizing realized artesanalmente and in native inspired by a model sedates of Valencian of the 18th century. This garment realized as the second suit of baptism, is similar to the one that was made to her mother, the Princess of Asturias on the occasion of her wedding, though in white, and it is accompanied of the pertinent seasoning, combs, mantilla, shoes or underskirt.

http://www.panorama-actual.es/noticias/not182741.htm

Onil will give a doll dressed in baptismal clothes to the Infanta Leonor

Congratulations and more congratulations for the Royal Family. The gifts for the nacimineto of that she might be the heiress of the throne in Spain continue happening. Onil's Town hall will give to the Infanta Leonor a doll dressed in baptismal clothes, which production there entrusted to the New company Mariquita Perez, located in this from Alicante locality, as announced the mayor, Mercedes Mira.

PHOTO FROM HOLA

More pics (Source: EFE):

Old 11-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinona
I think she looks a lot like his father, can anyone post some photos of him as a baby?
For that, please go to the thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/prince-felipe-pictures-boy-young-man-402.html

You also can find a sum of all the Borbón y Grecia babies, to draw here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/318547-post114.html
Old 11-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Courtier

MTBCM: Thank you for taking the time to translate the article. It was very thoughtful and nice of you mtbcm!! Thank you so much!!! Indeed an interesting article. Thanks again.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
Here is the article from Hola

Barbara Ortiz with her father, Francisco
According to Diez Minutos this is not the father but the mother of little Barbara.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Commoner

Of course it's her mother !!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli
Of course it's her mother !!
I only wrote that because next to the pic it said that this was the father!!:)
Old 11-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The General Meeting of the Principality of Asturias has given to infant Leonor guiñol with two wood marionettes, and one allusive decoration to the forests and the Asturian personages of the mythology that inhabit them like the xana, trasgu, cuélebre, busgosu, güestia and the man of the coat.

From terra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71fa349ca5719g.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	212835  
Old 11-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Today is Sunday, so they may go to Atocha Church with the baby as it was predicted. I really miss little Infanta and her parents.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Today is Sunday, so they may go to Atocha Church with the baby as it was predicted. I really miss little Infanta and her parents.
Not where you have read it, but there is nothing foreseen they nor have announced anything. The Kings took to the Prince when he had several months, so still they can be late months.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha
I only wrote that because next to the pic it said that this was the father!!:)
I don't blame you Mascha... I'm sure you wrote that it was her father because you translated exactly what the article said... :)

I'm sorry if I've offended you... :)
Old 11-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha
According to Diez Minutos this is not the father but the mother of little Barbara.
That's really funny!! I think it is pretty funny. I thought it was the father with long hair and an earring. Hey, it happens!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
I must say that the new little infanta sure is pretty! There are some babies that you see and gasp (like say....Catharina Amalia of The Netherlands) and you just hope for the best that they'll get prettier with time (and in that case she certainly did). Infanta Leonor looks absolutely PERFECT though even though some babies obviously can look a bit strange at first!
People say that when babies are not "cute" at birth, they are gorgeous later in life. Catharina Amalia is then a true example; even though, I thought she was really cute and looked just like her father and grandma when she was born.:p
Old 11-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
The General Meeting of the Principality of Asturias has given to infant Leonor guiñol with two wood marionettes, and one allusive decoration to the forests and the Asturian personages of the mythology that inhabit them like the xana, trasgu, cuélebre, busgosu, güestia and the man of the coat.

From terra
what.......

Old 11-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
what.......
The Principality of Asturias presented Leonor with a little marionette theatre, with puppets and allusive motifs to the Asturian forests and mythology.