Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 4: June 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photos are not of today, today it is the day of the teacher and the girl did not have school.

The photos are actually from Wednesday October 29th. Nevertheless, looks like the children had some kind of party.

Is there a way to have those pics directly on the forum?? because I don't know how to save them on my PC!

thanks!

Maybe these photos were taken on the 30th, after their act in Caceres, hence the same outfit. Otherwise, if it's indeed taken on the 29th, then Leti wore the suit 2 days in a row :ohmy:

Shall Leonor become Queen, she'll be Leonor II (The second)? :ermm:

Ya know that, in the past, consorts of the reinging queens in Spain and in Portugal got the title of "King-consort" and still had a number of reign. (For exemplo, the husband of Mary II of Portugal was Ferdinand II).

I mean, if Leonor become queen, will happen the same? Her husband will be king? :ohmy:

my guess is that leonor's husband will become prince of asturias. while it may not be in the constitution, it's just logical to assume that if the 'duchess of XY' marries someone, he becomes the 'duke of XY'. therefore i guess the same would apply to the person that leonor marries.

my guess is that leonor's husband will become prince of asturias.
But isn't "Princ of Asturias" just the title for the Heir? :unsure:
Like the "Prince of Wales" or the "Prince of Orange"?

I suppose Leonor's husband (how funny we are already discussing about a future husband of the toddler :lol:) would become something like a Prince Consort.

But isn't "Princ of Asturias" just the title for the Heir? :unsure:
Like the "Prince of Wales" or the "Prince of Orange"?

I suppose Leonor's husband (how funny we are already discussing about a future husband of the toddler :lol:) would become something like a Prince Consort.

yes, i didn't actually think of that. i guess this is behind the issue of female equality. i guess by the time leonor marries it will be much more incorporated.

A doll of Princess Leonor, elder daughter of the Crown Prince Felipe of Asturias and the Princess Letizia, made by a toy factory in Alicante. The doll, wich represents Leonor dressed with the school uniform, will be sold in limited edition for collectors.

ANP Beeldbank

Oh my gosh, the doll of Leonor when she was a baby is awesome. She is and was such a beautiful child, the doll looks just like her.
I couldn't see the picture of Sofia, can anyone post it, please!!

:wub: beautiful doll for a beautiful little princess!
Will F&L buy a doll for her next Christmas?
It would be a lovely present! And it would be a very funny photo!:lol:

my guess is that leonor's husband will become prince of asturias. while it may not be in the constitution, it's just logical to assume that if the 'duchess of XY' marries someone, he becomes the 'duke of XY'. therefore i guess the same would apply to the person that leonor marries.

I dont think so, like they said before Prince of Asturias is a title for the heir, I think it will happen something like what happens with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip, his title is the Duke of Edimburgh, not Prince of Wales or anything like that. Same goes for Queen Margarethe of Denmark and Prince Henrik. Her husband will have a title, but not the same as hers.

Intersting discussion, should we start a new thread about it.

And lovely doll! looks just like LEO

I agree. I think Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, assuming they do not have a male child, and that they do change the constitution if they do have a male child, and her future husband will also be given a title, but not Prince of Asturias. It just does not work that way strangely enough. The female always takes on the titles of her husband, but not the other way around.

Were the husbands of the infantas made Dukes in their own right? Or have their titles devolved from their wives titles? And if so, were the infantas made duchesses in their own right?

Were the husbands of the infantas made Dukes in their own right? Or have their titles devolved from their wives titles? And if so, were the infantas made duchesses in their own right?

If I recall correctly the Infantas got their titles upon marriage, granted by the King and will keep them for life - but this is where it ends, it's not a hereditary title. The husbands are only Dukes by marriage so in case Elena gets divorced it is likely that the title will be taken off Jaime, depending on the King's decision of course.

I agree. I think Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, assuming they do not have a male child, and that they do change the constitution if they do have a male child, and her future husband will also be given a title, but not Prince of Asturias. It just does not work that way strangely enough. The female always takes on the titles of her husband, but not the other way around.

Duke of Marmalade and I were discussing about this issue in previous post, see post from 22 and 29. There are quotes about what the Spanish constitution says about this.

I liked the doll dressed in school clothes! The hair especially is a perfect immitation of the little Infanta. Spanish dolls are always very nicely made.

Any news of Sofia going to pre-school - could see maybe start after christmas or will se have to wait until Spetember

Sofii is a little thing :wub::wub:
I guess she will start in september :)

Capítulo Primero: De la Real Familia

Artículo 1º
  1. <LI class=textojustificado>El titular de la corona se denominará Rey o Reina de España y podrá utilizar los demás títulos que correspondan a la Corona, así como las otras dignidades nobiliarias que pertenezcan a la Casa Real. Recibirá el tratamiento de Majestad. <LI class=textojustificado>La consorte del Rey de España, mientras lo sea o permanezca viuda, recibirá la denominación de Reina y el tratamiento de Majestad, así como los honores correspondientes a su Dignidad que se establezcan en el ordenamiento jurídico.
  2. Al consorte de la Reina de España, mientras lo sea o permanezca viudo, corresponderá la Dignidad de Príncipe. Recibirá el tratamiento de Alteza Real y los honores correspondientes a su Dignidad que se establezcan en el ordenamiento jurídico.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The husband of Leonor, will be also a prince of Asturias, but when Leonor is a queen, her husband only will be prince and colitigant of the queen ... with treatment of Royal Highness...

When Felipe Will be a king, Letizia will be a queen with treatment of "Majesty"...
It is very possible that this should be changed also in our Constitution in order that the husbands of the future queens, also could have the dignity of "King" and the treatment of "Majesty"

Last edited by a moderator:
Article on Leonor

She's being described as a similar character as grandpa Juan Carlos, affable, social, popular - not having inherited the shyness of her father or the seriousness of her mother.

Vanitatis.com - La galleta de Leonor

In the article an event is mentioned, probably polemic, that Leonor saw a classmate with cookies in her hand. Her natural instinct was to go there and ask if she could get one for herself. Letizia did not like the attitude of her daughter, telling her that she was eating all the time anyway so no need to ask others for additional food. True or not, I don't know, but most likely one of the first of many many more Leonor encounters that will apprear in the press in the next years. For now there is no impact as the girl can't read etc but very soon media coverage will start occupying her mind.

If true funny enough that Letizia has already started to control the eating habits of her daughter. Leonor will become a strong, tall girl, good in sports like sailing or skiing, very much like her aunts and very unlike her tiny & skinny mother. My guess is that Leonor will look pretty average as a teenager & adult, like her aunts, but will have plenty of Borbon stamina features what is good for her future role. On the opposite, her sister Sofia will collect some points in the looks department what is also good for her future role as non-important No 2 in the dynasty. Maybe she will be able to woo a foreign prince and become a Queen that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom