The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

Did she go with Paloma and Telma? I think that's who I saw. Poor Leo, I know they had good intentions, but she seemed to be a little bit overwhelmed. I remember she was a little like this when she went to the zoo with her family and cousins. Perhaps she's just too young to enjoy things like this, but she'll probably have fun when she gets a little bit older.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Leonor with Paloma and Telma
spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl: In het circus

Old 12-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redferns View Post
Haha , how cute little Leonor looks sitting in this big seat, eating her Popcorn!
I hope she enjoyed the Circus even if the photographers follow every step she makes. ()

Old 12-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks like any normal two-year old contemplating how she can join the actions on the stage rather than sitting still in a seat.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe the circus is also a little bit too noisy for a little girl, it irritates her and she can´t concentrate to the act.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Seems her hair isn't as curly as we thought:

LES TENGO LA EXCLUSIVA DE LA LEO! - Página 4 - Cotilleando Punto Com

it's a normal wavy hair, but no Shirley Temple curls
Old 12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

I always doubted whether her hair was really curly on it's own. Parents of little girls always seem to think that their kids when they are little look the best in curls. My mom sure had some interesting ways of getting my hair styled into cute curls. Including sleeping in sponge curlers!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Leonor has curly hair,you can see it in the pics, it is normal that some day the curly hair looks more straight than others, but it seems that it runs in the family, IRENE, has a very curly hair, and suddenly she was straight, that os strange.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

i'm surprised carla wasn't with them as well...

it's also strange how everyone around them seems to behave as though they didn't know who they are...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Courtier

Ok, we are in love with Leonor, but I really want to see little Sofia, she must be BEAUTIFUL, I wish to see her soon.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I always doubted whether her hair was really curly on it's own. Parents of little girls always seem to think that their kids when they are little look the best in curls. My mom sure had some interesting ways of getting my hair styled into cute curls. Including sleeping in sponge curlers!
I do not believe that it is a question of what the parents want or do not want. The hair of the children is changing when they are so little. Leonor had a very opened curl, and as her hair has been growing and has been cut, the root of the hair was straight. I believe that Leonor has the hair of the family of her father, hair curled between the straight one and the frizziness, which always is a bit rebellious. For example, her cousin Victoria was a girl with the hair very curly and every time she has it straight.

http://i18.tinypic.com/6uscpjo.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/879d5sk.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/6obqdqq.jpg
Old 12-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
Seems her hair isn't as curly as we thought:

LES TENGO LA EXCLUSIVA DE LA LEO! - Página 4 - Cotilleando Punto Com

it's a normal wavy hair, but no Shirley Temple curls
Actually when I was younger I had Shirley Temple curls too, but as I grew into a toddler my hair just turned wavy which is the way up to now. I guess it's the same thing with Leonor. She had curly hair when she was much younger, but notice her recent photos at the zoo and their Christmas card and her hair is turning wavy now. It's like some kids were born blonde (i.e. Elena and Felipe) but as they grow older they turn dark.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Leonor has her father's hair: color and texture, she will not have curly hair, it will be straight and dark blonde, like Felipe's or Cristina's

I have never seen Irene with curls like Leonor, she has always had wavy/straight hair

Anyway, I think Leonor looks better with the hair she's got now, besides curls are harder to handle, specially with a lot of hair
Old 12-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the photos.

Judging from the bright lighting and the fact that people were moving around them, I think the photos were taken either before the performance started or during the intermidiate break. During the performance, I'd think the lights would be dimmed and people would go back to their seats. They also don't look like photos taken by professional photographers. They seem to be taken by someone in the audience with a cell phone camera or small click-and-shoot camera.

I'm more surprised that security details are not apparent in the photos. I'd expect a bodyguard would sit behind her.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the pictures!! My Leo looks so cute with her popcorn!!
I think she looks like any normal two-years old girl in the circus, maybe a little scared for the clowns?

Of course she has curly hair, she has heredity of curled hair, her grandmother Paloma, her aunt Thelma, in fact, Borbon's hair are not specially straight.. but girls, hair changes... anyway she's too cute for words, that's all
Catango, I agree with you!! I want to see Little Sofi too
Old 12-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

thank you for the pics! Leo's lucky, she's allowed to have that big bucket of popcorn all to herself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
tell me about it. my mom had my hair treated and curled when i was five and it didn't really work out. my hair took a triangular shape when curled and then straightened out even further when the curls grew out.

as for Leo's hair, i knew she wouldn't have those curls for long, but she wouldn't have straight hair either. waves and curls are strong on both sides of her family.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
Leonor has curly hair,you can see it in the pics, it is normal that some day the curly hair looks more straight than others, but it seems that it runs in the family, IRENE, has a very curly hair, and suddenly she was straight, that os strange.
I agree. Sometimes the lack of humidity will "straighten" hair temporarily. Leonor is still a toddler and her hair will possibly change texture over time.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering all the curly hair on both sides of her family she will very likely have the same. Besides most mothers like to make their little girls pretty - probably a leftover from playing with dolls. I did it although both I and my daugther are tomboys.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

On that 5th Picture is the same way my aunt did to me when I was little if i was acting up or doing something I was not supposed to be doing