Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 1: April - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the new thread dedicated
to the current events of
Infanta Leonor & Infanta Sofía.

The previous thread can be found here.

While posting, please remember our Community Rules.

For quick overview, have a look at New posting rules
  • All pictures posted here, must be posted with the permission of the copyright holder. Links to the pictures can be posted freely​
  • No watermarked pictures can be posted​
  • Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion: don't forget to be respectful!​
Have Fun! :flowers:

Last edited:
We strongly hope that the discussion about the time in which Infanta Leonor's education should start is left behind in the previous thread.

Each country and each court has its own way to deal with things and it's not fair to compare, even more when we're talking about babies that are just a little over 1 year old.

thank you,
The Spanish Forums Moderating team

Anna_R said:
We strongly hope that the discussion about the time in which Infanta Leonor's education should start is left behind in the previous thread.

Each country and each court has its own way to deal with things and it's not fair to compare, even more when we're talking about babies that are just a little over 1 year old.

thank you,
The Spanish Forums Moderating team

Many Thanks Anna-R for your strong recommendations that for my part, I'm going to respect.

INFANT LEONOR LOOKS MORE LIKE HER FATHER, THE PRINCE OF ASTURIAS, ACCORDING TO THE HOLA.COM INTERNAUTS.
Don Felipe has surpassed with more than 8,000 votes to Doña Letizia in our sounding.
LA INFANTA LEONOR SE PARECE MÁS A SU PADRE, EL PRÍNCIPE DE ASTURIAS, SEGÚN LOS INTERNAUTAS DE HOLA.COM

With an overwhelming participation of more than 11,000 votes, the internauts of hola.com have chosen, during the month that has remained opened our voting from the past day 20 of March in that we opened it, whom infant Leonor looks like.
The decision has been clear for our visitors: the Princes Asturias´s first-born resembles more her father,who has surpassed in more than 8,000 votes to Doña Letizia.
Although there were opinions for all the tastes when the little Leonor was still a baby of few months,seems that the passage of time has facilitated to the Spaniards the difficult task of looking for the similarities that the daughter of the Heirs with her ancestors has.The balance has shown preference clearly for Don Felipe, he has obtained a total of 9,720 votes as opposed to the 1,285 that accumulated Princess de Asturias.
And it is that in the year and means that have passed from her birth, Doña Leonor has been changing to acquire, according to the results of the sounding, more characteristics of the Borbones that of the Ortiz.
To her 17 months, the little Infant is an example of young lady with great and expressive blue eyes, hair cut and waved of blond color (not very clear) and the plump body.Now only we have left to wait for the birth of their sister, who will take place shortly, and in the next days we will be able to verify if the second daughter of the Princes looks like or not to her older sister:wub: :wub: ...

Last edited:
Yes, everyone can see that!!! she is so cute:D, He was......

Will be Leonor the queen of Spain? How is it with the change of the Spanish low?
I was so happy when I read some months ago that Letizia is expecting a girl. Leonor must be a queen!!!

Felipe, Letizia & Family News and Pictures thread - Part 1

Welcome to the thread, where you can post news, information or pictures (including officially released) of the
Family of the Princes of Asturias

When posting, please remeber our new Community Rules and Membership FAQs.

• Remember that this is a thread for the news and pictures of the family of the Princes of Asturias. Information or pictures about separate members of the family (the Princes or their daughters) should be posted in their respective threads.
  • If you want to share a picture, post link to it. Posting pictures directly is allowed only if you have the permission of the copyright holder. NO watermarked pictures can be posted
  • No more then 20% of the article + link to it can be posted (as per fair-use provision of the US copyright law)
  • Everyone is entitled to have his/her opinion: don't forget to be respectful!
:flowers: Have Fun! :flowers:

“Teníamos varios nombres en la lista y al final tanto para la Princesa como para mí ha pesado mucho la idea de que la Reina tuviera una nieta que llevara su mismo nombre”.
Previsiblemente, a Sofía se añadirá de Todos los Santos para respetar, por octava vez, la tradición de la Familia Real de bautizar a los neófitos con "de Todos los Santos"
from www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/04/29/letizia-nombre/

Name after grandmother. And as the "second name" de Todos los Santos.

Welcome on the board and all the best to Infanta Sofia:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Last edited:
:wub: Very kind idea to begin a thread for the new Inantita.:wub:

I just have to say it is so nice to already know the name and be able to start a current events thread. No disrespect meant to the Danish but the waiting and wondering about the name is a little too much for me. I love that the Spanish RF tell us within hours of the birth.:flowers:

Aurora810 said:
I just have to say it is so nice to already know the name and be able to start a current events thread. No disrespect meant to the Danish but the waiting and wondering about the name is a little too much for me. I love that the Spanish RF tell us within hours of the birth.:flowers:

True, but it's tradition in the Danish Royal Family to wait. Obviously the Dutch and Spanish families have different traditions. At least with the Danes, we have plenty of time to prognosticate. :lol:

Beautiful name and one with a lot of meaning as well. It makes a nice match: Leonor and Sofia, two little beauties!:wub: I'm sure she'll be as pretty as her sister, her mother, and her namesake grandma as well. I'm glad all are well.:flowers:

Leonor was 47cm and 3 540gr and Sofia is 50cm and 3 100gr. It seems that the new infantita is taller and thiner.

So today was her first event - birth.;)

And when will be the next - I mean when we will see her?:ermm:

magnik said:
So today was her first event - birth.;)

And when will be the next - I mean when we will see her?:ermm:

Well there will be a presentation of her when she and Letizia leave the hospital. Last time when Leonor was born she came into the world on October 31 and left the hospital and was presented to photographers, journalists, and of course all of us on November 7. So exactly one week after her birth we got to see her. Prince Felipe has stated just after the birth of Sofia that she and Letizia would be leaving the hospital in "4 or 5 days". So we should get to see her this next weekend maybe Friday. Last time with Leonor after the presentation there were also official photographs of the princes and the king and queen with little Leonor and those pics were released right away after she went home from the hospital. However, in Denmark they also did an official photo shoot after the birth of Christian but they have not released any official photos since the birth of their new little princess so far. So we will have to wait and see if we get official photos once the Sofia goes home. I think we will. Then things will probably get back to normal for awhile and we can then turn our attention to waiting to see little Sofi(my personal nickname for her) at her baptism which will most likely be in the middle of the summer. :flowers:

I think Leonor and Sofia should have at least 3 names. They are daughters of future king and queen of Spain!!! Especially Leonor who will be the queen of Spain (I hope so). She should have 3 or 4 names:flowers:

Infact I don't really know what kind of people in Spain should have more names or over 3 names. So far as I know Infanta Leonor only has one name Leonor de Borbon.

Leonor and Sofia only have a name; thus their parents have decided it.:flowers:

Aurora810 said:
Well there will be a presentation of her when she and Letizia leave the hospital. Last time when Leonor was born she came into the world on October 31 and left the hospital and was presented to photographers, journalists, and of course all of us on November 7. So exactly one week after her birth we got to see her. Prince Felipe has stated just after the birth of Sofia that she and Letizia would be leaving the hospital in "4 or 5 days". So we should get to see her this next weekend maybe Friday. :flowers:
No Friday becouse I'll be at work to 17.00!!! I have free Thursday:flowers:
I can't waite to see her on first big event with her family.

CRIS said:
Leonor and Sofia only have a name; thus their parents have decided it.:flowers:

I prefer one name... of course more names are elegant and curious but I've a dude when the royals go to school they write all names or only how we name...

Example: Prince Felipe (I believe he has more names), he write all names or only Felipe...

If write all I not imagine when they learn to write her names...:lol:

translation site gave me -sofia de todos los santos= sofia of all the saints. please correct me if its wrong. beautiful name, just beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom