Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 5: December 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding Infanta Leonor. Isn't it time for the sacrament of Holy Communion or Holy Confession? I mean... she is catholic right? In Italy we usually celebrate the confession as well, even if that's more private than other sacraments such as communion, chistening, confirmation etc

Probably Infanta Leonor will celebrate her first communion next spring

Spanish kids usually have their first Communion around May at 9 years old, Leonor will be 8 this October, so it could be next year or even 2015.

But I'm really excited, I wonder if she'll have with her classmates or like Miguel did, in the Palace with the Royal Family. Maybe the later I think, since she's the heiress of the heir to the throne.

Mmmm, my little cousin is having his First Communion next May, and he was born in 2004. Leonor was born in 2005, so I assume hers should be next year, but I know it is different depending the part of Spain you live n.

I remember that there was a previous discussion on this thread about Leonor's communion earlier in the year. Like others, I think it will take place in Spring/Summer 2014 (I understand that most Spanish [and other Catholic] children have their communions aged 8/9. A friend of mine had her 1st communion aged 9, and my younger cousin, who is 8, had his communion earlier this summer.

On a slightly different note, I'm looking forward to Leonor's communion; I'm sure my heart will melt. :D

But I'm really excited, I wonder if she'll have with her classmates or like Miguel did, in the Palace with the Royal Family. Maybe the later I think, since she's the heiress of the heir to the throne.

I agree. If she goes with her classmates, they will face the problem that they cannot shut the media out. I don't think that Leonor's communion can be labelled completely 'private' because of who she is. They would have to give certain access to the media at a public church and I doubt the other children/families will be happy about it/agree/there might be legal obsticles.

Therefore I think that she will have her day at Zarzuela with the Palace publishing pictures.

:previous: Neither can I; it's hard to believe she'll be turning 8 this year!

I agree. If she goes with her classmates, they will face the problem that they cannot shut the media out. I don't think that Leonor's communion can be labelled completely 'private' because of who she is. They would have to give certain access to the media at a public church and I doubt the other children/families will be happy about it/agree/there might be legal obsticles.

Therefore I think that she will have her day at Zarzuela with the Palace publishing pictures.

I'm thinking the same, IMO Leonor won't have a communion with her classmates, although it would be cute. I also agree with your comment regarding some parents not wanting the media attention, which I would imagine will be quite a lot considering that she's the future queen of Spain. I think it would be better if Leonor's communion was a family event.

Last edited:
I wonder if Infanta Leonor will make her 1st Holy Communion at the same time as her cousin,Doña Irene Urdangarín?

Sadly I can't imagine them making their 1st Holy Communion together,which would have been nice.

I wonder if Infanta Leonor will make her 1st Holy Communion at the same time as her cousin,Doña Irene Urdangarín?

Sadly I can't imagine them making their 1st Holy Communion together,which would have been nice.
I highly doubt they will do it together, I know Irene doesn't have the fault here, but the media would harass the Spanish royal family for joining Infanta Leonor who is the future Queen and the daughter of Iñaki and again and again mentioning the Noos case over and over. Besides that, considering the importance of Leonor's role, I'm sure they will make HER day and only, to highlight the first communion of a future monarch.

Maybe Irene will have hers in Switzerland.

Last edited:
I highly doubt they will do it together, I know Irene doesn't have the fault here, but the media would harass the Spanish royal family for joining Infanta Leonor who is the future Queen and the daughter of Iñaki and again and again mentioning the Noos case over and over. Besides that, considering the importance of Leonor's role, I'm sure they will make HER day and only, to highlight the first communion of a future monarch.

Maybe Irene will have hers in Switzerland.
It is sad that they can´t have their communion together, it would have been nice.

Makes me wonder about Irene´s future 1st Communion, where will it take place and how many family members will be there (seeing the latest public appearances of the RF in which the King and the Princes avoid being photographed with Cristina and Iñaki). I find it very sad for the Urdangarin children :sad:

Do the girls attend public or private school? Did they attend the kindergarten? And they wear uniform, don't they?

Do the girls attend public or private school? Did they attend the kindergarten? And they wear uniform, don't they?

Both girls go to Santa María de los Rosales, a private school, the same school Felipe went to. They both did day care in Zarzuela (Royal Guard staff's kids) but changed to Santa Maria de los Rosales at the age of 3 / 3 1/2, kind of kindergarten or pre-education. Both girls wear uniform at school.

Thanks! I wonder if the uniform in Spain is requested only by private schools

And where do they live? This point is not clear to me. Do they live at Zarzuela or during some period of the year at the Palace in Madrid?

At 8 and nearly 7, I'm assuming kindergarten is behind them. I'm guessing they are in elementary school, or it's equivalent.

At 8 and nearly 7, I'm assuming kindergarten is behind them. I'm guessing they are in elementary school, or it's equivalent.
Yes, I KNOW that they are at the elementary school now. I actually asked if the schools is private and if the kindergarten was private too

Leonor looks so pretty :wub:
I´m really in love with that girl, can´t believe how much she´s grown up.

I hope somebody can buy the magazine and upload some scans, I would like to see little Sofi as well :cool:

If not we'll see them on Easter Sunday ...hopefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom