The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness

Happy 7th birthday to Leonor.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia requisa los mviles a los padres de los compaeros de sus hijas

Whenever Leonor or Sofia are invited to other children's parties or take part in school players, other parents are not allowed to film or take pictures at the event because Leonor and Sofia are likely to be included in the footage.

On the one hand this is to ensure the privacy of Leonor and Sofia and the other children who might find their images in the media, on the other hand it must be incredibly frustrating for the parents not being allowed to take pictures on such occasions.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Princess Leonor Of Spain Arrives At School On notcied in this and other pictures taken on the first day of school that Leonor has her ears pierced.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia requisa los mviles a los padres de los compaeros de sus hijas

Whenever Leonor or Sofia are invited to other children's parties or take part in school players, other parents are not allowed to film or take pictures at the event because Leonor and Sofia are likely to be included in the footage.

On the one hand this is to ensure the privacy of Leonor and Sofia and the other children who might find their images in the media, on the other hand it must be incredibly frustrating for the parents not being allowed to take pictures on such occasions.
You will most likely find the same rules for all royal and other children that could be sold for substantial money and would be sought after by the press.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
You will most likely find the same rules for all royal and other children that could be sold for substantial money and would be sought after by the press.
Exactly, since we rarely saw pictures of other royal children in their school performance (if they didn't want to 'advertise') or private parties of their classmates. When Paloma B had nothing else to criticize, she wrote those stupid articles to splash the hate.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Princess Leonor Of Spain Arrives At School On notcied in this and other pictures taken on the first day of school that Leonor has her ears pierced.
Is it a tradition to do so?
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
Is it a tradition to do so?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that most Spanish children have their ears pierced when they are around Leonor's age.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that most Spanish children have their ears pierced when they are around Leonor's age.
You are absolutely right. In most Latin countries, little girls have their ears pierced , sometimes just after their birth. So, it´s absolutely normal for Leonor to have had it.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Nobility

Ah thanks for the explanation :) it's just in my country,not many children do it.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

i had mine at eight years old (just one ear) it hurted so bad that i didnt want to pierce the other, so one year later at nine i pierced the other^^
Portugal is like Spain too, around 7-10 years old, girls get their ears pierced, but theres many people who pierce their daughters ears when they are baby.
so i think Leonor is at a good age^^ and shes the first royal girl to have her ears pierced (of the crown princely families)
Old 12-31-2012, 12:35 AM
Nobility

Anyway do u guys think Leonor will turn into a complete brunette once she's older, like her parents? I hope not, I kinda like her blonde look.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
i had mine at eight years old (just one ear) it hurted so bad that i didnt want to pierce the other, so one year later at nine i pierced the other^^
Portugal is like Spain too, around 7-10 years old, girls get their ears pierced, but theres many people who pierce their daughters ears when they are baby.
so i think Leonor is at a good age^^ and shes the first royal girl to have her ears pierced (of the crown princely families)
really? I tought the rule was piercing it as a baby. I had mine pierced when just a few months old, obviously I don't remeber but my mum says I didn't even cry so it probably didn't hurt.

For those who notice Leonor's ears: did you notice if she has always the same earrings? Because, for example, in Portugal, or at least some parts of it, if you have your ears pierced at a very young age you'll most likely wear always the same earrings, i mean, it's not common to change them with each outfit as most of us do when adults...
Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Anyway do u guys think Leonor will turn into a complete brunette once she's older, like her parents? I hope not, I kinda like her blonde look.
Its hard to tell really,maybe she'll take after her aunty Cristina and stay blonde?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
really? I tought the rule was piercing it as a baby. I had mine pierced when just a few months old, obviously I don't remeber but my mum says I didn't even cry so it probably didn't hurt.

For those who notice Leonor's ears: did you notice if she has always the same earrings? Because, for example, in Portugal, or at least some parts of it, if you have your ears pierced at a very young age you'll most likely wear always the same earrings, i mean, it's not common to change them with each outfit as most of us do when adults...
I had my ears pierced shortly after I was born. In Spain, that was the general rule between the girls of my age (I´m 20), lately I think parents prefer to wait to their daughters be a little more grown up.

I think little girls usually don´t change their earrings. I, for example, had new ones from time to time for special occasions (such as birthdays or First Communion) so my mum changed the old ones by the new ones. I would say girls start to buy earrings and change them often at the same time they start to buy their own clothes and choose them by themselves, when they´re starting their teens.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

^^ Thanks for sharing, Annie_S. Those are the traditions in Portugal as well, at least were in my generation (I'm 25). Same thing in Portugal and Spain
Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=ANNIE_S;1499839]I had my ears pierced shortly after I was born. In Spain, that was the general rule between the girls of my age (I´m 20), lately I think parents prefer to wait to their daughters be a little more grown up.

I think little girls usually don´t change their earrings. I, for example, had new ones from time to time for special occasions (such as birthdays or First Communion) so my mum changed the old ones by the new ones. I would say girls start to buy earrings and change them often at the same time they start to buy their own clothes and choose them by themselves, when they´re starting their teens.[/QUO
Very true. As a child I had about two pairs and started to buy a lot of them (or even get them as gifts) as I grew older.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its hard to tell really,maybe she'll take after her aunty Cristina and stay blonde?
I hope so...but I'll think she will be a brunette...she now has only some blonde streaks left :(

Anyway, any ideas on when will Leonor receive her first Communion?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I hope so...but I'll think she will be a brunette...she now has only some blonde streaks left :(

Anyway, any ideas on when will Leonor receive her first Communion?
Probably at the age of 8/9 years- I think that's the age when most girls in Spain and other Catholic countries have their Communion. Also, I do believe that her cousin Victoria Federica had her First Holy Communion at that age.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Probably at the age of 8/9 years- I think that's the age when most girls in Spain and other Catholic countries have their Communion. Also, I do believe that her cousin Victoria Federica had her First Holy Communion at that age.
Yes I believe Leonor will make hers at age 9 ,maybe the same year as her first cousin,Doña Irene Urdangarín (but maybe not together).
Old 12-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes I believe Leonor will make hers at age 9 ,maybe the same year as her first cousin,Doña Irene Urdangarín (but maybe not together).
I hope they'll have their Communion together, wouldn't that be cute?

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Closed Thread