The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Commoner

I particularly like Leonor, Sofia, Ingrid Alexandra, Nikolai and Alexia.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Ah yes good eye there, kathia_sophia! An Ard Ri, I don't think they've been posted in this particular thread though right?
Not in this thread but maybe in the Royal Family of Spain section.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AureliaC View Post
Those glasses that they got Sofia are hideous why couldnt they just get her a cuter looking model?? But overall the girls are completely adorable. I dont find Leonor particularly pretty but I cant help but love her. She reminds me of me when I was a little girl, that's why I dont find her so pretty, maybe LOL.
I find her to be one of the prettiest girls I have seen.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Vanitatis - La infanta Sofía se queda sin fiesta de cumpleaños
Old 04-29-2011, 04:51 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
La Infanta Sofía cumple 4 años sin los Príncipes de Asturias - Realeza - Diario Femenino de la mujer
The Princes Felipe and Letizia can not congratulate her young daughter, Princess Sofia, for his fourth birthday with reasons for the royal wedding between Kate Middleton and William of England

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Sofía cumple cuatro años - Noticias Familia Real - Familia Real - Diez Minutos
Old 06-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Marta Cibelina » Familia Real: Leonor y Sofia están aprendiendo chino
Does this say that Leonor and Sofia are learning mandarin chinese?
Old 06-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Marta Cibelina » Familia Real: Leonor y Sofia están aprendiendo chino
Does this say that Leonor and Sofia are learning mandarin chinese?
Thanks for the article Lady Finn. Yes it does say that the Infantas are taking Mandarin Chinese lessons twice a week. It says the language was chosen given the economic power China will haven when the girls are in their 20s.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I heard a few years ago Simoneta's oldest boy was learning Chinese, not sure if he is still learning. Chinese is very difficult for a Spanish native or an English native speaker, hopefully the girls can keep it up.

This article said China owned 10% of Spanish debt.
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europ...nomic-doldrums
Old 06-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

IMO those glasses were not corrective, but the kind children love to wear sometimes. My own grandchildren wear them sometimes. I´m saying this, because I´ve seen lots of pictures of the Infantita since and in none is she wearing glasses. And I can´t believe they would be careless if she needed them.
Good idea to teach the children languages. The more they learn the better off they´ll be.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
I heard a few years ago Simoneta's oldest boy was learning Chinese, not sure if he is still learning. Chinese is very difficult for a Spanish native or an English native speaker, hopefully the girls can keep it up.

This article said China owned 10% of Spanish debt.
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europ...nomic-doldrums
Children learn languages very quickly. Chinese isn't that hard to learn to speak. Reading and writing are another thing, in my experience.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

they are young, Sofia's barely 4 years old and Leonor is going to be 6 years old, they will learn it quickly and without any problems. so right now, we know that they speak Spanish and English (since they went to the theater with their parents to watch a kids movie in english speaking language) and learning now Chinese!

Chinese is dificult because of the large amount of diferent sounds and meanings, writing is hard to! i got classes of chinese and i dropped out, it was too dificult for me as i was 18 years old. so i started learning Japanese and voilá, i LOVE it, its easy and the writing it more simple!

also, they went with the Infantas to The Netherlands to visit Maxima and WA.
MYROYALS: THE ASTUR
Old 06-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I think all royal children will be native speakers at least in 2-3 languages via home country, parent or governesses. In addition they learn even more such as "en vogue" languages like Mandarin - what the Infantas already do - or French, that is popular in royal circles.
My guess is that in case of Leonor & Sofia they will have to learn those languages spoken in other parts of Spain, such as Catalan or Euskara, Portuguese isnt a bad idea either. Hopefully both girls are interested or talented since its really useful for a royal to speak as many languages as possible.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think all royal children will be native speakers at least in 2-3 languages via home country, parent or governesses. In addition they learn even more such as "en vogue" languages like Mandarin - what the Infantas already do - or French, that is popular in royal circles.
My guess is that in case of Leonor & Sofia they will have to learn those languages spoken in other parts of Spain, such as Catalan or Euskara, Portuguese isnt a bad idea either. Hopefully both girls are interested or talented since its really useful for a royal to speak as many languages as possible.
I agree. Royals especially future monarchs will need to speak in 2-3 languages fluently. They need this and its good that the SR girls are learning Mandarin. I must admit learning Mandarin is a must. China's economic growth is overwhelming.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:59 AM
Courtier

In the forum "Miguel Urdangarin´s first comunion" in posting No. 31 there are photos from DIEZ MINUTOS. In photo No. 10 is a very nice closeup of the Infantas and the Morales-children. Maybe someone can transfer it to this forum.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
In the forum "Miguel Urdangarin´s first comunion" in posting No. 31 there are photos from DIEZ MINUTOS. In photo No. 10 is a very nice closeup of the Infantas and the Morales-children. Maybe someone can transfer it to this forum.
http://www.diezminutos.es/var/dm/sto..._reference.jpg

Great pic! I hadn't noticed it before.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Letizia is glowing and looking really good. If she can put effort into her hair that early in the morning, I'm sure she can do so for events later in the day. Would be nice if we get pictures like a photoshot with the girls.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Letizia is glowing and looking really good. If she can put effort into her hair that early in the morning, I'm sure she can do so for events later in the day. Would be nice if we get pictures like a photoshot with the girls.
I hope so!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
i doubt about that, the spanish royal family only do photoshots with special reasons, as last year was infanta Sofia first day at school they did a photoshot. we dont have any special reason this year, so dont expect anything anyway!

about the all wanted photoshots, we might get next year by this time, a photoshot with Letizia and family, as she will be 40 years old, something like they did with Felipe 40 celebration.

so for now, we are only getting a picture on Christmas, the next easter and next summer! (when talking about seeing the girls too)