The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
They don't do it all the time, it's more like a year yes and a year no.
2008 yes, 2009 no, 2010 yes, 2011 no, 2012 yes, 2013 no.
So we will get new ones next year
BYe Bine

Old 09-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The infantas went to the cinema with their mother & classmates to see the the animated film 'Justin and the Knights of Valour'.
La princesa Letizia se muestra huidiza para impedir que se fotografíe a las infantas - Noticias de Casas Reales

Old 09-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

I have a question regarding Infanta Leonor. Isn't it time for the sacrament of Holy Communion or Holy Confession? I mean... she is catholic right? In Italy we usually celebrate the confession as well, even if that's more private than other sacraments such as communion, chistening, confirmation etc
Old 09-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Probably Infanta Leonor will celebrate her first communion next spring
Old 09-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Probably Infanta Leonor will celebrate her first communion next spring
Wow! Great news.
Infanta Leonor must be pretty in her first commnion dress.
Can't wait next spring...
Old 09-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Royal Highness

Spanish kids usually have their first Communion around May at 9 years old, Leonor will be 8 this October, so it could be next year or even 2015.

But I'm really excited, I wonder if she'll have with her classmates or like Miguel did, in the Palace with the Royal Family. Maybe the later I think, since she's the heiress of the heir to the throne.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mmmm, my little cousin is having his First Communion next May, and he was born in 2004. Leonor was born in 2005, so I assume hers should be next year, but I know it is different depending the part of Spain you live n.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 09-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I remember that there was a previous discussion on this thread about Leonor's communion earlier in the year. Like others, I think it will take place in Spring/Summer 2014 (I understand that most Spanish [and other Catholic] children have their communions aged 8/9. A friend of mine had her 1st communion aged 9, and my younger cousin, who is 8, had his communion earlier this summer.

On a slightly different note, I'm looking forward to Leonor's communion; I'm sure my heart will melt.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
But I'm really excited, I wonder if she'll have with her classmates or like Miguel did, in the Palace with the Royal Family. Maybe the later I think, since she's the heiress of the heir to the throne.
I agree. If she goes with her classmates, they will face the problem that they cannot shut the media out. I don't think that Leonor's communion can be labelled completely 'private' because of who she is. They would have to give certain access to the media at a public church and I doubt the other children/families will be happy about it/agree/there might be legal obsticles.

Therefore I think that she will have her day at Zarzuela with the Palace publishing pictures.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm sure my heart will melt.
Me too. I can´t believe how fast she´s grown up

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 09-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Neither can I; it's hard to believe she'll be turning 8 this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree. If she goes with her classmates, they will face the problem that they cannot shut the media out. I don't think that Leonor's communion can be labelled completely 'private' because of who she is. They would have to give certain access to the media at a public church and I doubt the other children/families will be happy about it/agree/there might be legal obsticles.

Therefore I think that she will have her day at Zarzuela with the Palace publishing pictures.
I'm thinking the same, IMO Leonor won't have a communion with her classmates, although it would be cute. I also agree with your comment regarding some parents not wanting the media attention, which I would imagine will be quite a lot considering that she's the future queen of Spain. I think it would be better if Leonor's communion was a family event.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 09-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder if Infanta Leonor will make her 1st Holy Communion at the same time as her cousin,Doña Irene Urdangarín?

Sadly I can't imagine them making their 1st Holy Communion together,which would have been nice.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder if Infanta Leonor will make her 1st Holy Communion at the same time as her cousin,Doña Irene Urdangarín?

Sadly I can't imagine them making their 1st Holy Communion together,which would have been nice.
I highly doubt they will do it together, I know Irene doesn't have the fault here, but the media would harass the Spanish royal family for joining Infanta Leonor who is the future Queen and the daughter of Iñaki and again and again mentioning the Noos case over and over. Besides that, considering the importance of Leonor's role, I'm sure they will make HER day and only, to highlight the first communion of a future monarch.

Maybe Irene will have hers in Switzerland.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I highly doubt they will do it together, I know Irene doesn't have the fault here, but the media would harass the Spanish royal family for joining Infanta Leonor who is the future Queen and the daughter of Iñaki and again and again mentioning the Noos case over and over. Besides that, considering the importance of Leonor's role, I'm sure they will make HER day and only, to highlight the first communion of a future monarch.

Maybe Irene will have hers in Switzerland.
It is sad that they can´t have their communion together, it would have been nice.

Makes me wonder about Irene´s future 1st Communion, where will it take place and how many family members will be there (seeing the latest public appearances of the RF in which the King and the Princes avoid being photographed with Cristina and Iñaki). I find it very sad for the Urdangarin children

Old 10-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Leonor turns 8 from Hola

La infanta Leonor cumple ocho años
Old 10-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hi all,please use this thread for all Birthday wishes

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-34324-5.html
Old 11-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to ABC, Infanta Leonor made ​​cookies for the school charity market

La Infanta Leonor cocina galletas para un mercadillo - ABC.es
Old 11-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
According to ABC, Infanta Leonor made ​​cookies for the school charity market

La Infanta Leonor cocina galletas para un mercadillo - ABC.es
How fun! I bet they did sell like "hot cakes", those glazed cookies are GOOD! Great job Leonor!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

Do the girls attend public or private school? Did they attend the kindergarten? And they wear uniform, don't they?
Old 01-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Do the girls attend public or private school? Did they attend the kindergarten? And they wear uniform, don't they?
Both girls go to Santa María de los Rosales, a private school, the same school Felipe went to. They both did day care in Zarzuela (Royal Guard staff's kids) but changed to Santa Maria de los Rosales at the age of 3 / 3 1/2, kind of kindergarten or pre-education. Both girls wear uniform at school.