Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 5: December 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back now oon when Sofia and Leonor attended their first military event with their parents a few weeks it seems much more obvious now that there was going to be a change. This was an early indictaion that the Infanats were going to slowly start to attend bigger events in preparation for their parents becoming monarchs. I could see them attending the national day parade in october

I've heard conflicting information on whether Leonor is automatically Princess of Asturias.

Frankly, I'll eat my hat if she's displaced by a baby brother.

I vaguely remember there was talk of changing the law when Letizia was pregnant for a second time. Everyone relaxed when they revealed it was a girl. I have a feeling they will change the law if the need arises. But I'm not sure Felipe and Letizia will have more children..The next couple of years will be a busy time and Letizia is in her forties now, if I'm not mistaken.

I think it´s quite safe to think they won´t have any other child ;)

If it wasn´t clear enough before the abdication, now it is, IMO.

Does anyone know if Leonor has had her First Communion yet?

They seem to be a devoted couple and lovely parents, god bless them!

there's quite a lot of debate as to which titles of felipe will actually be passed on to leonor. apparently girona has voted in courts that the title of princess of girona is not passed onto leonor, and balager and montblanc have requested that the titles of duke of montblanc or señor of balager weren't further used by leonor. cervera (felipe is count of cervera) has not expressed any concerns as of yet.
from felipe's speech yesterday in navarra, it looks like the title of princess of viana will actually be passed onto leonor...

Carlota, the titles belong to the Crown, and by law Leonor has the right to use all those titles. In Spain only the king has the right to deliver or remove titles.

Catalan independence groups are trying to play politics with this issue, but it's just demagoguery, legally they can not do anything. All they can do in refusing to make a formal ceremony in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom