The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Royal Highness

Is that Sofía next to Leonor? She's almost as tall as her older sister, I reckon she might even become taller than Leonor with time. They've really grown a lot since last time I saw them.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Is that Sofía next to Leonor? She's almost as tall as her older sister, I reckon she might even become taller than Leonor with time. They've really grown a lot since last time I saw them.
Their shooting up alright!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Their shooting up alright!
I agree- both of the Infantas are getting very tall especially Sofia- she and Leonor look as though they're the same hight now... I see that they take after their father . Their cousin Irene is also getting quite tall as well IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I think you might be right, I'm looking forward into seeing more pictures of them this year- it's a shame they didn't attend the Olympics, could you imagine how cute their little outfits would have been? The Infantas always have lovely and expensive-looking clothes.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Sofia & Leonor almost look like twins now. Sofia will be a tall, strong build girl with her father's height. Leonor seems to have inherited the more delicate structure of her mother. Irene is the female version of Inaki, look wise.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, I can't get over how much they look like twins, I always thought Sofia looked really different than Leonor but not now. How wonderful that they will have each other to grow up with, sister that close are wonderful to have!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Royal Highness

Diezminutos:

Letizia, de merienda con sus hijas - Familia Real Española - Familia Real - Revista de corazón, prensa rosa y famosos - Diez Minutos
Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's amazing how the girls are the same height yet Leonor is almost 2 years older than Sofia. Sofia is going to be tall like her father I think.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

maybe Sofia will reach 1,80 (5' 11")? like her aunt Cristina, which is taller than her older sister.
Leonor will probably surpass 1,70 (5' 7"), regardless of what height they'll have, i think both will be taller than Letizia.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

If Sofia is unlucky, she will pass the 1.90 m like her father. 1.80 is already tall for a woman, considering they often wear heels or have to wear heels eg with dresses. Cristina was lucky to marry such tall man like Inaki, therefore she doesnt appear to be as tall as she actually is.

So, despite Uncle Inaki, looking around sportsguys like handballer, basketballer is not wrong for the girls when chosing their boyfriends.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

They really look like twins now.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
They really look like twins now.
It´s exactly what I was going to say!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are dressed alike and have their hair the same way so they look alike. What lovely girls!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 AM
Heir Apparent

hola reveals details on how leonor and sofia are being educated:

Quote:
they receive Mandarin classes twice a week and now they can sing songs, name body parts and pronounce the letters in this language. They have an English nanny since birth, letizia reads to them stories in English and Queen Sofia speaks to them, like with her children, in this language.
the cover page also says that leonor (maybe sofia also) takes ballet classes and that she will most likely attend military training and receive education abroad, just like it happened with felipe.

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...paracion-hola/
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you!

About the Mandarin classes, that was known long ago, but its nice to know that they are making progress with it, because that language is a very dificult one! And I will always believe that it was wise of Felipe and Letizia to let their daughters learn a "unusual" language other than the European languages, Bravo!

About English, it was obvious they were raised with english as well, like many other royal kids, but I didn't know they had a English nanny.

As for ballet, It was obvious Leonor took classes of it, she has that delicate charisma and elegant pose.

Many tabloits say that Letizia is strict on their education, I don't think that, like many other parents, either father or mother like to educate well their children and are concern with their enviroment and learning methods. So far I see what most parents will do their children, Letizia is not educating them to extremes.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:47 AM
Royal Highness

Good to see that Leonor is learning many different things.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/album...118_grande.jpg
http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/album...670_grande.jpg
http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/album...081_grande.jpg
Old 04-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Gentry

Leonor is turning into a truly beautiful little girl.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Beautiful photo's!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

Those girls are so precious in their dresses. Similar but not identical.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Leonor preparing for her royal role as Spain's future queen - hellomagazine.com