Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 4: June 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this has been already discussed. What do you think which ordinal will Leonor assume? No queen of Castile or Aragon has been named Leonor (Eleanor), but there has been a queen of Navarre named Leonor. Is it possible for her to be known as Leonor II? It would've been much easier if they named her Isabel (Isabel III) or Juana (Juana II)...

Also, what title is her husband going to have? Husbands of Spanish queens traditionally became iure uxoris monarchs (not just consorts). Will he be titled king or something lesser (such as Count of Barcelona)?
Well, I actually don´t know which will be her ordinal, but I believe that it will be Leonor I, because there hasn´t still been a "Leonor I of Spain"

There hasn't been Isabella I of Spain either, yet there has been Isabella II of Spain (much like Elizabeth I of England and Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom). Other Spanish examples include Ferdinand VI - first monarch of the united Spain named Ferdinand - and Alfonso XII - first monarch of the united Spain named Alfonso.

Spanish monarchs certainly take ordinals from Castilian monarchs and perhaps they would take ordinals from Aragonese monarchs if the opportunity arises, but I am not sure about taking ordinals from monarchs of small kingdoms such as Navarre. I'd personally prefer Leonor II, because it would represent the unity of Spain and equality between the regions.

Still, what about the future husband? King of Spain or something lesser (like Count of Barcelona)?

:previous: I think you can find the answers re: the future husband's title (should Leonor have no brother and become queen) at the previous pages of this thread.

So, it is already settled that her husband will be HRH The Prince of Spain? Too bad. I hoped thay would stick to their tradition and make him king (though I hoped king consort, not iure uxoris king). Spain had a king consort even in the 19th century, so the practice is not outdated.

Still, what about the future husband? King of Spain or something lesser (like Count of Barcelona)?

According to the Royal Decree about the Titles from 1987 an husband of a reigning Queen will be Prince. But that doesn't mean that it could not be changed later when the situation actually happens and a husband becomes King-Consort like in the past.

These little Infantas are so beautiful! I think they resemble both parents. I see a bit of Letizia in their faces.

These little Infantas are so beautiful! I think they resemble both parents. I see a bit of Letizia in their faces.

I think they have more of Letizia's features than Felipe.

I'm looking forward to the easter mass. I cannot wait to see Leonor and Sofia.
Especially Sofia! Maybe we will see her walking! :)
She always looks different when we see her! ;)

Looking forward to see the Infantas Leonor and Sofia. I guess Sofia will look a bit diffrent, she is growing. I have seen pics of Leonor going to school and the circus, but I haven't seen pics of Sofia, she is a sweet baby. I guess by now she will be walking with his sister.

According to this article Fiesta de guardar para dos Infantas - Opinion_Enfoque - Opinion - ABC.es Leonor and Sofia have already received identity cards:

... yesterday it became known that Leonor and Sofia already have a national document of identity and that the numbers that have been assigned to them are 16 and the 17, following to the one of the Prince of Asturias, who has the 15. The Kings are holding the 10 and 11; Dona Elena the 12 and Dona Cristina the 14, since number 13 was discarded.

I think Infanta Leonor looks much like her mother Letizia, just more sweet and beautiful,I guess she will become a gorgeous girl one day. Infanta Sofia is grown up incredibily!!

Woww these girls are amazingly gorgeous dolls!, Thank you for the HUGE close ups Bonbon :)

The two girls are so cute! I realy like the pictures of them holding hands. Leonor has changed a lot, she is a beautiful girl, Sofia, I thinks looks like her parental grandfather, she is a sweet girl. Nice pics, Thanks a lot!

My grief. Those two do not look anything alike. Leonor is beginning to look a bit more like her mother, although she is still clearly favoring Sofia, but Sofia clearly resembles Juan Carlos! Apparently Letizia has the recessive genes in that family!

My grief. Those two do not look anything alike. Leonor is beginning to look a bit more like her mother, although she is still clearly favoring Sofia, but Sofia clearly resembles Juan Carlos! Apparently Letizia has the recessive genes in that family!

I thought I was the only one who noticed. Unfortunately, the Bourbon look isn't necessarily a good one for women, just look at JC's sisters.

ThinkSpain - Princess Sofia celebrates second birthday
spacer.gif

the article confirms that sofia will go to the same nursery school from september as leonor did. leonor was not even 2, sofia will already be 2 1/2, due to their different month of birth. it is likely that sofia will only do one year at the nursery school and then join her sister at Santa Maria de los Rosales.

Sources from the Zarzuela Palace say Sofía will be enrolled in the royal nursery school in El Pardo in September, following in Leonor’s footsteps.

The article says that she will have a party at a later date with other children. Hopefully, the CP couple will let some official photographers so we can see some pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom