Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 4: June 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke, this "journalist" does not have reliability, another day wrote a news saying that the Infanta Leonor was in the first course of primary ... and the primary education begins at the age of 6 :eek:... if she commits mistakes in something so simple as the age of the girl and what she studies ... I do not want to know that other things she will invent...

Duke, this "journalist" does not have reliability, another day wrote a news saying that the Infanta Leonor was in the first course of primary ... and the primary education begins at the age of 6 :eek:... if she commits mistakes in something so simple as the age of the girl and what she studies ... I do not want to know that other things she will invent...

many more stories to come I guess.

If you ask me the media should commit on not printing such stories about Leonor (or Sofia) until she gets older and more relevant for the institution with the Princes in return "presenting" their daughters more often and on "natural" occasions. I don't want to compare but I believe the Dutch are doing an excellent job here in regards to their daughters. They don't hide them away but show them on rare but popular occasions like the Sinterclaas event or summer / winter holidays, plus release many more pics on special occasions.

IMO there is no beneficial relationship or healthy balance between Zarzuela and the media in regard to the Infantas, for example the last time we had a glimpse on Sofia was in the summer, before that only twice more in Mallorca. She only got official pictures when she was born, not even on her 1st birthday like her sister. Pics of Leonor on official occasions are non-existent since then and when Letizia takes her to the circus like last year, the journalist in question writes a nasty story because Letizia refuses to have her daughter's picture taken. Royal children and especially the heirs are no normal children and the consequences are part of their upbringing too, whether the parents like it or not. It's all a question of balance, give and take.

The article also said that at school Santa Maria de losRosales people speak wonders of Leonor, they say that Leonor is an extroverted girl, funny, very predisposed and always with a smile on her lips :wub:

Duke, always the same mistake ... this one is not Letizia's decision, is a decision of the Royal House, and while there is no a change of attitude of the press with regard to the grandchildren of the Kings it is not going to change.

I do not believe that the Dutch attitude is good, at least for Spain, to threaten to the press in this country it is not a good option.

For many years the Royal House has been very permissive and the press could take photos of the grandchildren of the Kings without problems. But for a time the press has exceeded many limits and the limit it was the horrible attitude in the door of the school of the Marichalar children. For example, since then the Urdangarin have not returned to appear before the photographers in the birthdays of the children. Another example is that the children of the Infantas this summer have disappeared of the ditches. They do not prevent that they photograph them, but they do not give the facilities of before either.

For the photographers it is more difficult to accede to the Prince and his family that to the infantas. But also it is true that the photographers look for the easy photo. I remember a Christmas in which they all went to drink chocolate to a central and traditional place of Madrid, and the news was known but the photographers were unable to come in time and to do a few decent photos.

I was not blaming Letizia but Zarzuela. I don't think at this stage we can still lump together the "grandchildren of the Kings" - it's mainly about the Infantas now. With Leonor and Sofia growing older the interest in Elena's and Cristina's children will decline more and more.

I still believe that the restricive attitude with the Asturias' children is not beneficial. The media will take any opportunity they can get for articles or photos because there is not much else. Official pictures at the usual occasions don't harm but keep the public happy. I can't imagine a reason why Sofia didn't get any official christening or birthday pics - obviously she is not as important? It's all a bit forced when it comes down to the girls, not shown for almost six months now apart from Leonor having to go to school, but maybe the media would invent stories anyway. Sometimes I get the impression that they don't do all the things that we see other royal children do with their parents because they are afraid that the media could be around and take pictures, but the older the kids get the less the hideway strategy will work.

The question is how children will learn in the most natural way that the media is an inevitable part of their upbringing (what the Dutch children exprecience in a quite controlled manner) - having regulary photoshoots in private or even public appearances or being more or less being hidden away behind the palace walls and the media going ballistic when they dare to come outside two or three times a year.

En el «cole», un ángel llamado Leonor - ABC2_Casas_Reales - ABC2 - ABC.es

In the school, an angel named Leonor:wub:

Infanta Leonor will participate in the Christmas function of the school Santa Maria de los Rosales.

The article also say that she will interpret the angel who poses during the Birth and she will have to sing a carol in English.
Leonor will wear a blue dress, wings and a crown of angel.

This will take place the next day 17 and in addition to the princes of Asturias is likely to attend the two grandmothers(Queen Sofía and Paloma Rocasolano) or Leonor ´s grandfather( Jesús Ortiz) with his wife( Ana Togores) or even her cousin Carla.​

:eek: Another ignorant journalist. She has repeated what the previous one has written and has committed the same mistake. She repeats that the Infanta Leonor studies the first course of primary (6 years), and Leonor is in infantile education of 3 years. In addition she demonstrates to have an absolute ignorance of the royal agenda, because Queen Sofia travels to Syria from December 16 to December 18.:nonono:

Oooohhh!!!Angel Leonor!!:wub:
She must to be so lovely as angel...I really would like to see her...

Leo and Sofi at the Princes Christmas card :wub:
Galerías de imágenes

They are absolutely beautiful girls!!

Leonor school performance: pics of the Princes of Asturias and little Sofia at their arrive to school:
Galerías de imágenes
Nice to see Sofia again. She has grown a lot...:flowers:

I agree with those that think the two Infantas are too rarely shown. I think the Dutch princes have the right idea,promoting photo shoots of their girls. One day, these two girls will have to face the fact they are different from other children and cope with it.

The princes of asturias have a very normal life and go out often.​

We recently were, if memory serves me correctly, visiting the royal palace of Riofrio in Segovia, as a few more tourists.
They went with some friends and Leonor ..Where were the journalists?:whistling:

There is no need to expose too much publicly about a girls with one and three year of age ...

Prince Felipe said that the Infanta Leonor will attend official events when it meets at least six years
There is no hurry. Children have to have children, although they are heirs to the throne.

His whole life is in the public domain .... We're going to let them be children .... They have such a law.

I love to see photos of those two girls so cute,:wub: but I do understand that their parents want to protect them all the time they are allowed.

!
!Sofia is just one year!:nonono:

Thanks tht they show them to us.
They grown so much.
Leo reminds me Irene and Sofia somehow Juan Valentin or even Pss Alexia of the Netherlands....

Magnik, that is exactly what I thought when I saw the picture of Sofia- she looks very similar to Princess Alexia or Princess Ariane of the Netherlands! You'd think they were related.

Magnik, that is exactly what I thought when I saw the picture of Sofia- she looks very similar to Princess Alexia or Princess Ariane of the Netherlands! You'd think they were related.

But isn't Sofia related to Princess Alexia?:ermm: Aren't they first cousins once removed?

I Belive so anyone know for sure how close?

Alexia and Felipe are first cousins. Alexia's dad, King Constantine, and Felipe's mom, Queen Sofia, are brother and sister. So that would make little Sofia Alexia's first cousin once removed.

You are talking about Alexia of Netherlands, or Alexia of Greece???, because Prince Felipe is Alexia of Greece first cousin, but Spanish royal family isn't related with Netherland royal family, and Sofia and Alexia of netherland aren't relatives at all, in fact the don't look similar to me, just that both have very blonde hair, that's it.

The Alexia being referred to (in relation to Sofia's photo) is most probably Alexia of the Netherlands, since Alexia of Greece wasn't blonde as a kid.

wrong way...

Well I think we had this discussion before but I still think the same, it is not the case to show or no show the girls but to me they don't go out of their home often. Leonor must go out every day to go to shcool, but just this, she just don't go to a Park, she just don't go out on the streets, to a shop...never we have seen this girl interact with other normal children. And Sofia also of course. Sofia must be all the time inside Zarzuela. Of course Zarzuela is big and has everything but to me is this wrong, they must see what the world, they must see different things and see that the world is not only the fairy tale they have at home:nonono:!

Biboquinhas, the Princes go to shops, to restaurants, to the cinema, to friends' houses ... and it is strange the occasion in which the press obtains these images. The same thing happens with the girls. For discretion and for safety, they support their private life privately. And only casually, or when the Royal House decides to warn them the photographers can obtain some image more.

In this aspect, the Princes do a life similar to the one that does any family in Madrid that does not live in the downtown.

Little Sofia is so cute!!! she's so blond and has lovely eyes!!
Leonor is still adorable!

Those 2 little girls are really precious and they are different!!! hte princes must be so proud to have those 2 dolls!

It's a great christmas card!

IMO Sofia has the same eyes, the same mouth and the same face shape as Letizia. She looks by fare more Ortiz than Borbon to me too!
Unfortunately she is not smiling as much as Leonor in the Christmas card, but I know it is not that easy to make a little child smile when you want!

I think Sofia is very similar to Infanta Cristina when she was a child.

Leonor as queen

I am not sure if this has been already discussed. What do you think which ordinal will Leonor assume? No queen of Castile or Aragon has been named Leonor (Eleanor), but there has been a queen of Navarre named Leonor. Is it possible for her to be known as Leonor II? It would've been much easier if they named her Isabel (Isabel III) or Juana (Juana II)...

Also, what title is her husband going to have? Husbands of Spanish queens traditionally became iure uxoris monarchs (not just consorts). Will he be titled king or something lesser (such as Count of Barcelona)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom