The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
No, Leonor only on the 1st Bday and none for Sofia. She didnt even have official christening pics.
There was an official photoshoot after Sofia's christening.
Example:
http://img286.imagevenue.com/img.php...0_122_66lo.jpg
http://img290.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_149lo.jpg

Old 10-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Of course there were photographers at Sofias christening. But unlike at Leonors christening (and first birthday), casareal did not publish their own "official" pictures on their website, with family and authorities, because Sofia is less important to the crown.
Bautizo de Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Leonor . Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Sofias pictures were done by agency photographers, distributed by EFE.
Bautizo de Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Sofía. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Old 10-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

La infanta Leonor prepara su cumpleaños - Noticias Familia Real - Familia Real - Diez Minutos

seems there are no pictures on the occasion of the fifth birthday.
unlike most other royal houses that publish pictures of their offspring on a regular basis, the spanish are overrestricted, only showing the girls in public on carefully chosen events a few times per year, not even publishing official pictures on special events like today.

while i agree that children need special protection from the media, leonor will be queen one day, therefore people are interested, and she will have to deal with the full force of the media from the day her grandfather dies or from her 18th birthday the latest. so far she is used to nothing, living in a cocoon far from reality.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Hola Gallery Infanta Leonor
La infanta Leonor cumple cinco años: un recorrido por sus mejores fotografías
http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...ple/cinco/1/1/
Old 10-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Commoner

I used to think Leonor looked like her father but now I'm thinking she's looking more and more like her mother.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Commoner

but how is a carefully orchestrated photoshoot in a place of their own choosing, along with a photographer of their own choosing supposed to help her out of her 'cocoon'? she might actually come to expect that all media interactions will be this non-confrontational. no, i think a chaotic photoshoot on a rare ocassion might be better if we really want her to understand her role in the media better...
Old 11-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Courtier

El Mundo for her birthday aged her and invented how Spain will be when she is 18

Misterio desvelado: así (dicen que) será Leonor de Borbón a los 18

I think that it is not posted if it is I'm sorry
Old 11-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

Am I the only one who thought the picture of Leonor at 18 looked strange & creepy. I guess when you watch someone grow up vs. instant adult, it wouldn't look weird, but IMHO, it looks strange. Maybe it is seeing Leti face & hair with Leo beautiful eyes. I guess it just wasnt what I was expecting. LOL
Old 11-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Am I the only one who thought the picture of Leonor at 18 looked strange & creepy. I guess when you watch someone grow up vs. instant adult, it wouldn't look weird, but IMHO, it looks strange. Maybe it is seeing Leti face & hair with Leo beautiful eyes. I guess it just wasnt what I was expecting. LOL
I do too. It looks very waxen.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

It looks too similar with Letizia. It's weird
Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Gentry

Infanta Leonor is such a beautiful child. I'm sure that she will always be lovely. It's too bad both she and Prince Christian are in line for their own thrones because it would be SO cute if they went together.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
El Mundo for her birthday aged her and invented how Spain will be when she is 18

Misterio desvelado: así (dicen que) será Leonor de Borbón a los 18

I think that it is not posted if it is I'm sorry
It does look creepy.... I'm sure Leonor will be more beautiful than that...
Old 11-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
I agree with you Madeleine Victoria!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
I agree. Is it just me, or did the graphics people do a really poor job. There's an alien quality about that face. They didn't get the proportions right. Her forehead and eyes are unnaturally bigger than the rest of her features.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Commoner

I'm disapointed to not publish new pics for Leonor birthday, I searched in the net and didnt find pics neither. Neither here, why r they hiding the Infantitas from the people who love them? The photoshoped pic when Leonor will be 18 looks weird to me, they keep Letizia's face and change the eyes with blue eyes and that's it. I believe Leonor has her own beauty that will shine very much at that age.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Serene Highness

The dude who did that "Leonor at 18" pic should be fired. It looks like he just tweaked Letizia's photo to make it look like an older Leonor. S/He forgot that Leonor has two sets of genes--one from mom and one from dad.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

Leonor at 18 didn´t frighten me so much. I think she looks more and more like her Mum. She is a beautiful child, but I have a soft spot for Sofia. She looks a lot like Infanta Cristina when she was a child.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Courtier

I agree completely Carminha Stalker. Sofia looks a lot like Infanta Cristina, as does Princess Alexia's youngest.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
The dude who did that "Leonor at 18" pic should be fired.
Absolutely. That picture looks just creepy.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Courtier

He certainly did not catch her beauty even at this young age. She is so animated and her eyes just sparkle. It is not well done. We need to keep a copy of this picture to check back in 13 years and see if it is any match at all. I do not think it will be.

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, leonor, sofia (2007- )