Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 4: June 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Amanda was a blonde child and her hair color is similar to Leonor's? I've seen previous photos of Amanda and she looks differently than the other child in these photos. And that child looks older than Amanda's two-plus years and younger than Carla Vigo's seven (?) years.

Carla was born in 2000, she is 10 by now.

Yes, the little girl probably isn`t Amanda, she`s too big to be only 2,5. Maybe Amanda had a playdate with Sofia, while Leonor went to the cinema with her aunt and friends.

I was blind and didn`t see the difference in those cute pink jackets :whistling: Thanks for clarifying. Amanda does look a lot like Leonor. She`s sweet as her cousins :flowers:

Thank you for these pics of Leonor! She is one adorable little girl. It was also nice to see pics of the Letizia of old. I miss her.

Have they not done yearly birthday pics of the girls?

Have they not done yearly birthday pics of the girls?

No, Leonor only on the 1st Bday and none for Sofia. She didnt even have official christening pics. Not as important for the history of the crown it seems.

Sofía'a Christening

I am sorry but Sofia had pictures of her christening and plenty of beautiful ones!!!!!!

Last edited:
Of course there were photographers at Sofias christening. But unlike at Leonors christening (and first birthday), casareal did not publish their own "official" pictures on their website, with family and authorities, because Sofia is less important to the crown.
Bautizo de Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Leonor . Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Sofias pictures were done by agency photographers, distributed by EFE.
Bautizo de Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Sofía. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

La infanta Leonor prepara su cumpleaños - Noticias Familia Real - Familia Real - Diez Minutos

seems there are no pictures on the occasion of the fifth birthday.
unlike most other royal houses that publish pictures of their offspring on a regular basis, the spanish are overrestricted, only showing the girls in public on carefully chosen events a few times per year, not even publishing official pictures on special events like today.

while i agree that children need special protection from the media, leonor will be queen one day, therefore people are interested, and she will have to deal with the full force of the media from the day her grandfather dies or from her 18th birthday the latest. so far she is used to nothing, living in a cocoon far from reality.

I used to think Leonor looked like her father but now I'm thinking she's looking more and more like her mother.

but how is a carefully orchestrated photoshoot in a place of their own choosing, along with a photographer of their own choosing supposed to help her out of her 'cocoon'? she might actually come to expect that all media interactions will be this non-confrontational. no, i think a chaotic photoshoot on a rare ocassion might be better if we really want her to understand her role in the media better...

Am I the only one who thought the picture of Leonor at 18 looked strange & creepy. I guess when you watch someone grow up vs. instant adult, it wouldn't look weird, but IMHO, it looks strange. Maybe it is seeing Leti face & hair with Leo beautiful eyes. I guess it just wasnt what I was expecting. LOL

Am I the only one who thought the picture of Leonor at 18 looked strange & creepy. I guess when you watch someone grow up vs. instant adult, it wouldn't look weird, but IMHO, it looks strange. Maybe it is seeing Leti face & hair with Leo beautiful eyes. I guess it just wasnt what I was expecting. LOL

I do too. It looks very waxen.

It looks too similar with Letizia. It's weird

Infanta Leonor is such a beautiful child. I'm sure that she will always be lovely. It's too bad both she and Prince Christian are in line for their own thrones because it would be SO cute if they went together.

It does look creepy....:eek: I'm sure Leonor will be more beautiful than that...
I agree. Is it just me, or did the graphics people do a really poor job. There's an alien quality about that face. They didn't get the proportions right. Her forehead and eyes are unnaturally bigger than the rest of her features.

I'm disapointed to not publish new pics for Leonor birthday, I searched in the net and didnt find pics neither. Neither here, why r they hiding the Infantitas from the people who love them? The photoshoped pic when Leonor will be 18 looks weird to me, they keep Letizia's face and change the eyes with blue eyes and that's it. I believe Leonor has her own beauty that will shine very much at that age.

The dude who did that "Leonor at 18" pic should be fired. :D It looks like he just tweaked Letizia's photo to make it look like an older Leonor. S/He forgot that Leonor has two sets of genes--one from mom and one from dad.

Leonor at 18 didn´t frighten me so much. I think she looks more and more like her Mum. She is a beautiful child, but I have a soft spot for Sofia. She looks a lot like Infanta Cristina when she was a child.

I agree completely Carminha Stalker. Sofia looks a lot like Infanta Cristina, as does Princess Alexia's youngest.

He certainly did not catch her beauty even at this young age. She is so animated and her eyes just sparkle. It is not well done. We need to keep a copy of this picture to check back in 13 years and see if it is any match at all. I do not think it will be.

How old will the little infantas be when they have something considered an official duty or event?

Of course there could be a special event that could be attented by the Infantas, but I don`t expect them to do official duties in near or even more distant future. They are children. They should stay away from the spotlight to be protected, have a normal childhood and concentrate on education. Yes, they are not "normal", but for now there`s no need to give them royal duties. Let them be children...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom