The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yes, sadly Letizia only applies perfectionist dressing-up onto the girls, not herself. Leonor is a Daddy's girl and looks 100% more comfortable when she is with him. Now she comes into an age when she realizes that it can be annoying to be dressed to perfection, as soon as the scarf is one inch out of place Mummy will rush and correct the mistake
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17622791.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17622755.jpg

As Daddy's hand is occupied, Sofia will end up on Mummy's hand. It seems that Sofia is the troublemaker out of the two sisters, so Mummy has a firm grip on her, ouch
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17622767.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/17622802.jpg

Letizia is a great mother, she is affectionate with her daughters and she does not hide that. In addition she ensures that her daughters are impeccably dressed.
However...... other "royals" mothers prefer to waste money on expensive clothing and being perfect while their children are dressed in clothing that is not their size, repeatedly and even broken shoes, It is posiible to be more selfish than that???I doubt it.....
Fortunately Letizia is a great mother and would never allow that. Indeed, the Asturias is a beautiful and enviable family , they are all so close .... It's a shame not to appreciate the pampering in other families

Old 12-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
Letizia is a great mother, she is affectionate with her daughters and she does not hide that. In addition she ensures that her daughters are impeccably dressed.
However...... other "royals" mothers prefer to waste money on expensive clothing and being perfect while their children are dressed in clothing that is not their size, repeatedly and even broken shoes, It is posiible to be more selfish than that???I doubt it.....
Fortunately Letizia is a great mother and would never allow that. Indeed, the Asturias is a beautiful and enviable family , they are all so close .... It's a shame not to appreciate the pampering in other families
Not sure how other royal mothers dressing their kids in styles you don't like = being selfish In any event, the subject is Leonore and Sofia, not other royal mothers.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Courtier

IMO none should place judgment on other people's parenting skills, unless the children's rights are at risk of course, and even less on someone we see on pictures and videos because we dont know what happens behind closed doors
Old 12-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Personally I don't find anything beautiful or enviable about this family and how do you know what type of mother she or any of the others royals ladies are. You don't know them and have no idea what they are like at home with their children. As for how the different royal children are dressed, everyone has their own ideas on how they want to dress their children. It doesn't make any of them a good, bad or selfish mother because they have different ways of doing things that what you.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
How could you know that?? It might be just the nanny who dressed the girls!

Quote:
Whom are you talking about???
Old 12-31-2009, 01:54 AM
Courtier

It does look as if Letizia and all other royal mothers are affectionate and loving towards their children if one goes by the pictures that are published. IMO it is a bit unfair to critisize a royal mother for allowing her child to wear broken shoes, clothes that's too big or unfashionable especially if the child is still crawling and learning to walk. Why let the child wear shoes that may be a bit uncomfortable when he or she is learning to walk and crawl for that matter why would you let your child wear beautiful outfits if all they are going to do is crawl around and dirty the clothes.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

^^^ Which CP mother has done any of that? To me, CP's kids look great! They're healthy, roofs over their heads, beds to sleep in and happy what more could a parent want for their child?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Yes, sadly Letizia only applies perfectionist dressing-up onto the girls, not herself. Leonor is a Daddy's girl and looks 100% more comfortable when she is with him. Now she comes into an age when she realizes that it can be annoying to be dressed to perfection, as soon as the scarf is one inch out of place Mummy will rush and correct the mistake

As Daddy's hand is occupied, Sofia will end up on Mummy's hand. It seems that Sofia is the troublemaker out of the two sisters, so Mummy has a firm grip on her, ouch
For God's sake, dear Duke, I think you make too much out of nothing! These are two little girls you are talking about!!!
Of course Mummy will put the scarf back in place, it was freezing in Madrid; of course Leonor feels better holding her Dad's hand, she's a normal little girl, that's why; and anyone who has had the experience of a 2,5-year-old around like Sofia would have the common sense to hold her tight, because at this age they are unpredictable, believe me!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 05:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:

I find just these pics beautiful, simply beautiful....a family getting out with children during Christmas holidays....loving parents, happy children ...a very nice moment, a simply very nice and loving family moments ....
that's all & this is so much....the girls are very lucky having Felipe end Letizia as parents, like every children in the world are lucky having nice, smart, loving parents ...
that's what these pictures inspire me
Old 01-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Leonor and Sofia at the cover of SEMANA:

http://www.semana.es/Imagenes/portada3648.gif
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
^^^ Which CP mother has done any of that? To me, CP's kids look great! They're healthy, roofs over their heads, beds to sleep in and happy what more could a parent want for their child?

Well said. And children must be well dressed in public events. Royal children and commoner children. When I was a girl, I was taught to wear nice dresses to go to the movies, to another child's birthday party, to Christmas dinner, to the Church and so on. Then, I also had more "common clothes" to go out and play and make me as untidy as I wanted to. But I knew that in school, social events and so on, I MUST behave and dress nicely. That's the reason of today, I can dress well for these kind of events without being bored or bothered by it. Children must know what a social life is.

In a whole, I think that Princess Letizia is doing a great job as a mother .

Vanesa
Old 01-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Commoner

Those little girls are so cute! I don't care who dressed them because it doesn't matter to me what they have on because they are adorable regardless of what they are wearing. Just out of curiousity, what royal mother allowed her children wear broken shoes and clothes that didn't fit them?
This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming on sea and continents and island, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls. -John Muir
Old 01-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I find comments like this so annoying. Of course you are meaning Mary right?
Yes, Isabella was seen with a hole in her shoe. http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/10242300.jpg
Isn't that normal for a child who just learn how to walk?
I think it is annoying that some people still need this Letizia-is-so-much-better-then-Mary stuff. I guess this will never stop.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
Yes, Isabella was seen with a hole in her shoe. http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/10242300.jpg
I think it is annoying that some people still need this Letizia-is-so-much-better-then-Mary stuff. I guess this will never stop.
I couldn't agree more!

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
Vice versa. I know it's not necessary, but the comparions happen everywhere on the internet with all the royals, not just these two, it probably will never stop.
Since it was a photo session, not walking in the street caught by the paparazzis, a pair of shoes without a hole would be more appropriate.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Buscar resultados para: 'sofÃ*a'

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Little Leonor and Sofia charm crowds as Spanish royals attend Easter mass - hellomagazine.com (05/04/2010).
Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
vídeo:
La infanta Leonor recibe sus primeras clases de esquí en compañía de su familia - Vuelveme loca - Telecinco.es

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 04-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

About Leonor´s and Sofia´s shoes:
Villena calza a Leonor y Sofía - Elda - INFORMACION.es
Old 04-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Die kleine Sofia von Spanien wird drei Jahre alt! - RoyalNews.de

Tags
infanta leonor, infanta sofia, leonor, sofia (2007- )