The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Nope. "Estilo" means "style". The word to said "Star" in Spanish is "Estrella".

Vanesa.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

yes!!

I agree Leonor is a fashion icon and a perfect model, she's not shy and she always seems to be having a good time with everybody, dad, mom, grandma, cousins, aunts, and of course the press!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm totally astonishing by the good tempered of the Infanta Leonor.

I don't have remember to see her actually crying.

She is very intripid and even when she is falling down she dosen't cry. What a true corageous Infanta!

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( By courtesy of Isifa )

The Infanta Sofia, even if the fathers tell that she is more difficil than Leonor, looks very calm.

The puny Princess of Asturias is doing handsome and very chubby big babies girls con very good tempered
Old 08-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Aristocracy

Where could I get this doll of Leonor? I would love to have it!
Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Yes...I'm amazed about their delicious temper. They are both very well behaved. And their faces shows a premature intelligence. I wish God should have blessed them with a bright mind.

Vanesa.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:09 AM
Commoner

Leonor looks sooooo much like her grandpa.. She is "calque" of Don Juan Carlos - her face features.. Leonor is a little girl but already quite an interesting personality: to my opinion, she has got the strength of her Mom, intelligence of her Dad, cheerfulness of her Royal grandma and.. Leo is geniune Borbon
Old 08-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

( by courtesy of )

The scoop : the single shot knowned of the Infanta Leonor crying
Old 08-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post

( by courtesy of )

The scoop : the single shot knowned of the Infanta Leonor crying
She cried at Marivent photoshoot last year, don't have the picture, but her parents tried to calm her down. I guess she cries as much or less as any toddler does but manages to behave well in most cases when cameras are around. Not bad for a 22 month old girl.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
She cried at Marivent photoshoot last year, don't have the picture, but her parents tried to calm her down. I guess she cries as much or less as any toddler does but manages to behave well in most cases when cameras are around. Not bad for a 22 month old girl.

Where is your british sens of humour ?

for the last year during the photosession, Leonor didn't cryed, she was only furious because may be the fotosession was too long:

( by courtesy of Getty )

It's absolutly obvious that the little Infanta has to cry exactly as you say any todler of her age. At least, I hope for her because if she can't crying now when she will do it, isen't it ?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

[quote=adelaide;656029]

Quote:

Where is your british sens of humour ?
Sometimes it gets lost I am afraid

Quote:
for the last year during the photosession, Leonor didn't cryed, she was only furious because may be the fotosssion was too long:

http://s2.supload.com/free/71606331.jpg/view/

( by courtesy of Getty )

It's absolutly obvious that the little Infanta has to cry exactly as you say any todler of her age. At least, I hope for her because if she can't crying now when she will do it, isen't it ?
Thanks Adelaide, that's the pic I meant. I guess she sensed some discomfort as Felipe looked very tired and annoyed by the fotoshoot itself - I think he had only returned from an overseas event.

Just imagine what people said if she did not cry at all in public - something must be wrong, mustn't it But Leonor seems to be a very robust girl, most times in good spirits and no cry baby, at least this is what we see of her.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

[quote=Duke of Marmalade;656034]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post

Sometimes it gets lost I am afraid

Thanks Adelaide, that's the pic I meant. I guess she sensed some discomfort as Felipe looked very tired and annoyed by the fotoshoot itself - I think he had only returned from an overseas event.

Just imagine what people said if she did not cry at all in public - something must be wrong, mustn't it But Leonor seems to be a very robust girl, most times in good spirits and no cry baby, at least this is what we see of her.

I fact she was furious because she hated her pink dress : " too little girlish for her !.....
Old 08-29-2007, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to the journalist Mari Angeles Alcazar the Infanta Leonor will begin the nursery next week.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Today the same journalist has returned to do a commentary on the nursery, but I have been late and have not listened to it well ... I hope that next week we have some news in the topic.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
the baby leonor will go to the day-care center in these days and will be in the day-care center of Pardo where the children of the military of the royal guard go
she will not go to the school her aunts at the moment, for maximum security

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that it still has not been confirmed on the part of the Royal House, I already have listened and read several versions in the matter in the last week. Day-care center of El Pardo, private day-care center, infantile school of the Infanta Elena, school Santa Maria del Camino...
Old 09-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
hello lula... this morning I listened to in the radio cope that the magazine pronto said thather would go to the school of her aunts... but at the end of the program they rectified the news and they said that would go to the day-care center of the pardo ... also I was seeing the program of ana r. quintana and said just like would go to the a day-care center of the pardo , in the end we must wait for the confirmation of the real house
saludos!!!

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 09-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I would be surprised if Leonor was not sent to the school of her aunts. I saw an interview with Queen Sofia stressing how important it is that her children go to public schools (the system was different back then, probably no day care for toddlers but what I want to stress is her attitude), mix with "normal" children as early as possible, especially Felipe.

There will always be a security issue, no matter if day care, school, university etc but this shouldn't be the reason to send her to Pardo day care center where she only mixes with the children of staff.

Other royal houses have the same issues and they manage to send their children to public facilities and I hope the Princes will follow the example of other royal houses, do kind of a deal with the media and allow pictures being taken on the first day while Leonor should be left alone from then. I works elsewhere, why not in Spain.

The pic of the first day out at day care or at school of a royal toddler is always very special and such a nice opportunity for the parents to show how well the kid has done so far
Old 09-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that you have certain confusion.

The Prince and the Infantas went to private schools. The children of the Infantas go to private schools.

In Spain there are private, public and compound schools. The real development of the public and free education, it came with the democracy ... for this reason and for the terrible policies of education of our politicians; the quality of the education publishes in Spain is very far from the quality that has the public education in the countries of Europa's north. In aspects like the education in languages the difference between the public school and the private is still enough big.

On the topic of the Infanta Leonor, if she comes to a day-care center she will do it only for 1 year, since in Spain the infantile education begins at the age of 3. Probably next year she goes to a school. In that moment she will begin indeed her education.

What they want now is to take to a place where she could share time with other children. And for it the day-care center of the Royal Guard is a good place. It is not the day-care center of the Royal House is the day-care center of the Royal Guard, that is to say, the place where the soldiers who work for the Royal House take their children (like other public organisations or private companies have day-care centers for the children of their workers) ; therefore she would relate to very normal children.

In addition, you mention the topic of the safety, and I believe that the safety in Spain is a topic more complicated that in other countries, and through that the Royal Family and the public charges live with more extreme safety measures than in other countries.

Nonetheless, no official information has confirmed anything with regard to this news, so all sound speculations.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The Prince and the Infantas went to private schools. The children of the Infantas go to private schools.

In Spain there are private, public and compound schools. The real development of the public and free education, it came with the democracy ... for this reason and for the terrible policies of education of our politicians; the quality of the education publishes in Spain is very far from the quality that has the public education in the countries of Europa's north. In aspects like the education in languages the difference between the public school and the private is still enough big.

On the topic of the Infanta Leonor, if she comes to a day-care center she will do it only for 1 year, since in Spain the infantile education begins at the age of 3. Probably next year she goes to a school. In that moment she will begin indeed her education.

What they want now is to take to a place where she could share time with other children. And for it the day-care center of the Royal Guard is a good place. It is not the day-care center of the Royal House is the day-care center of the Royal Guard, that is to say, the place where the soldiers who work for the Royal House take their children (like other public organisations or private companies have day-care centers for the children of their workers) ; therefore she would relate to very normal children.

In addition, you mention the topic of the safety, and I believe that the safety in Spain is a topic more complicated that in other countries, and through that the Royal Family and the public charges live with more extreme safety measures than in other countries.
Thanks for explaining lula. I just recall that Queen Sofia mentioned - translated into English - a public school. But that was a long time ago, things may have changed since then. I wanted to put more emphasis on her attitude, that she wanted her children to mix with others without a special treatment, at least not in terms of social issues.

In terms of education, Leonor will always have to do more then others, as Felipe, she will have a second edudation after school with private teachers, I believe.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I imagine that the Queen was referring that did not educate them in house, that they went to normal schools.