Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 2: June 2007 - November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if the baptism occours in September Sofia will be six months years old and maybe she will not fit the baptism clothes and she was a big baby!

But if the baptism occours in September Sofia will be six months years old and maybe she will not fit the baptism clothes and she was a big baby!

I don't think they will wait until september to christen litle Sofia. They usually don't wait that long in Spain or in the royal family to christen a baby. It will probably be end of July. I don't know why they haven't announced it yet though, I was expecting to know by now. Can't wait to see adorable Sofia and her big sister :wub:

Not quite but she will be double age when we compare to Leonor. And Leonor was a big baby!

I wonder what is keeping them from announcing a date, shouldn't be too difficult to name a day over 2 months after birth?

Maybe they cannot agree on the godparents :lol:

I thought she'd be baptised around the date Miguel was. But nothing yet.
I want to see Sofi :wub:

Well...You must learn to wait a little to see her. Think that she must be getting every day more and more beatiful, just for us to see. In general, too little babies are not beatiful, or at least not so beatiful. Babies are in the summum of their beauty around six months old or so...

Vanesa.

Well...You must learn to wait a little to see her. Think that she must be getting every day more and more beatiful, just for us to see. In general, too little babies are not beatiful, or at least not so beatiful. Babies are in the summum of their beauty around six months old or so...

Vanesa.

For once, I agree totally with you. I'm very found of the new borns but I have to say that very often they don't look very beautiful. You are totally right when you write that their best time is around 6/8 months.
After, it's yet an other stopover of the childhood.

THE INFANTA LEONOR WILL GO TO THE SAME COLLEGE WHERE HER AUNTS,THE INFANTAS ELENA AND CRISTINA, STUDIED.
Infanta LEONOR will begin her formation after the summer hollydays in Santa Maria del Camino
College.

It has not been marked, for the present time, a concrete day in order that she begins her long and complete formation, it has not also communicated officially what school she will go but, in the circle of the Prince of Asturias it is said that Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have chosen for Leonor's education - and in the future for their sister Sofía--the college Santa Maria del Camino, of Madrid. The center where, beside the Infantas Elenas studied and Cristina, the duchess of Lugo began to do her first practices as teacher, more than two decades ago.

LA INFANTA LEONOR IRÁ AL MISMO COLEGIO DONDE ESTUDIARON SUS TÍAS, LAS INFANTAS ELENA Y CRISTINA

Last edited:
It will be necessary to wait to after the summer. When she was one year they published that she was going to go to the child-care of the Royal Guard, and nothing.:ermm:

I hope that will be true! ... but if it's not true.. she is litlle yet.. i start the school(september) with two years... but my birhtday is on october.. so, my first year in the school was with 3 years!

Last edited:
If it's true than that would be great news. How sweet she would go to the same school as her aunts. I don't think she would have any problems whatsoever getting used to school and to other children. She's so incredibly outgoing, she will wrap everyone around her little finger in no time :wub:

I hope it's true. I can't wait to see the first pics of her going off to school.

El Rey permite bautizar dos hospitales como Infanta Leonor e Infanta Sofía - 20minutos.es

The King allows to baptize two hospitals as Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía

(...)
To the exit of the meeting, Aguirre reported that she had asked the King for permission in order that " some of the hospitals " that the Government of Madrid has constructed the past legislature take the names of the Infanta Leonor and of the Infanta Sofía and said that the monarch had accepted her offer.

Nevertheless, she specified that for the present time it has not been decided which will be in concrete both hospitable centers - that already are constructed but do not work still - that will take the name of the Infantas, so, as she said, the decision will take " in its moment ".

The chairwoman demonstrated that don Juan Carlos has asked before " to write a letter and that probably there will no be disadvantage " in designating to both hospitals of Madrid with the names of the daughters of the Princes of Asturias.

IMO Leonor is still to little to go to school, she's a year and a half baby..:wub:, I know she's a royal and she has to socialize and all that stuff but.. again IMO she's too little, 3 years is perfect for starting school.. I started school at 3.

IMO Leonor is still to little to go to school, she's a year and a half baby..:wub:, I know she's a royal and she has to socialize and all that stuff but.. again IMO she's too little, 3 years is perfect for starting school.. I started school at 3.

I started school (the daycare program at a school) at 6 months and I was fine. It will totaly depend on how the school is structured.

How does the school system work in Spain? Would Leonor be starting in a daycare program or is it actual school?

Im not saying she won't be fine. It is just what I think, my opinion.

Im not saying she won't be fine. It is just what I think, my opinion.

I get what you were saying. It's interesting how different people see this issue in such different ways. Differing opinions is part of what makes this forum so special.:flowers:

I can´t wait to see Leonor and Sofia the next sunday they will very pretty and adorable.

I started at four. But I'm an old lady of 35, you know. These times, people wouldn't know how to live, and I have no friends, since anyone learned me how to play and such...LOL :lol::ROFLMAO:

I can't understand why people is so in a hurry to see the girls as grown ups in no time. And of course, when they will be teens and dating, they will say , nostalgically..."Oh! Do you remember how cute they were when they were toddlers? Where flies the time? I wish they could be babies again!" Oh, well....:D:angel:

Vanesa.

the infanta is still a little baby! she has her whole life ahead to go to school and study for her future role! i think we could probably see her going to pre school or nursery sometime next year!

The ideal age is 3 years to begin the school, Leonor in October will has two years, only she will have one year less ... it is normal .. I know many cases like that, it is normal!

Elisabeth of Belgium was three to when she start her "school".

We have to make the difference between the school and the chidren park ( jardin d'enfant -kinden garten and so on )
In France the school begin at three years old, before it's a guardery (???)very useful for the mothers who worked and because of that totally full, for exapmle, in Paris.

I think we can all agree on one thing - traditions are different in all countrires. While in country X children may go to school at the age of 1, in country Y the age may be 5. That not counting personal preference of the parents. Hence, comparisions are pretty much pointless, in my opinion. :)

Actually I also think that is good that kids start school when they are able to speak and tell how they did in school.

Leonor certainly can go to a daycare center that take toddlers this fall, but she does appear too young to go to Santa Maria del Camino, the school her aunts attended until high school.

Leonor certainly can go to a daycare center that take toddlers this fall, but she does appear too young to go to Santa Maria del Camino, the school her aunts attended until high school.

Daycare center for toddlers is a good thing and appropriate for a 2 year old. It good and important that Leonor mixes with other children of her age - her cousins are much older - in order to raise her as normal as possible.

Daycare center for toddlers is a good thing and appropriate for a 2 year old. It good and important that Leonor mixes with other children of her age - her cousins are much older - in order to raise her as normal as possible.

Her second cousins, the kids of Beltran or Bruno, are the similar age. But I think 2 is a good age to start part-time at a daycare center to play with other kids.

Some times when I read comments about the "Asturias" family I get the strangest sensation that people think if we don't see it it must not be.

What makes people think Leonor is not around and playing with other kids already? Her behavior when we last saw her in public was that of a very well adjusted, bright, curious and outgoing girl--not at all that of a girl who has been sheltered. So much so, that it was hard to fathom she is only one-and-a-half years old.

I agree 2 is a good age to start daycare primarily for the sake of developing the pattern and discipline of schooling -- but I'd hazard a guess that as far as "playmates", Leonor is not lacking.

Some times when I read comments about the "Asturias" family I get the strangest sensation that people think if we don't see it it must not be.

What makes people think Leonor is not around and playing with other kids already? Her behavior when we last saw her in public was that of a very well adjusted, bright, curious and outgoing girl--not at all that of a girl who has been sheltered. So much so, that it was hard to fathom she is only one-and-a-half years old.

I agree 2 is a good age to start daycare primarily for the sake of developing the pattern and discipline of schooling -- but I'd hazard a guess that as far as "playmates", Leonor is not lacking.

Well, nobody suggested that Leonor is being sheltered. Different countries different habits but I think it's fine to send an almost 2 year old girl to a daycare center. And it's not a bad thing to mix with other children who are not in the usual circle of children she may already play with. As the future Queen of Spain it's important that her upbringing is as normal as possible - was an important issue for Queen Sofia too - and this "school" is a good start, not only for discipline of schooling but for making new contacts or friends in a group without Mommy or Daddy or Nanny being around all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom