The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Nobility

Absolutely beautiful young girls with a very bright future.

Mom and pop must be so proud. Most of the pics show that for sure.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadiah_girl
So, the exact date of Sofia's christening has not been announced, right?
No, un official sourses say that maybe is gonna be on the first weeks of july

Old 06-13-2007, 04:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Traje de valenciana para una grande de España. lasprovincias.es

Dress of Valencian for the big one of Spain

The infanta Sofía will get a traditional garment with all the complements given for a group of indumentaristas and craftsmen

(...)
" It is an honor that the House of the Princes they accept this gift in which the Valencian craftsmen have put everything best of their work ", indicated Enrique Marzal, visibly moved.

The indumentarista made clear that champagne treats itself about a silk of color with roses of pitiminí, that has been made by a design of the XVIIIth century.

The garment includes all kinds of complements. It takes scarf and apron, and is accompanied of a complete seasoning of Valencian in Elizabethan style, as well as the shoes and the whole interior clothes. " We have realized the typical suit of christening Valencian which more important characteristic is to be opened behind ", was added by Marzal in representation of all the craftsmen who have taken part in this work.
(...)
Old 06-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Courtier

It'll be priceless to see pics of this beautiful family during the summer...the two little princess!!
Old 06-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Aristocracy

I'm starting to think that maybe the baptism may be in September. It's already mid-June and there hasn't been any official announcement. Usually they make these type of announcements with plenty of time and July is around the corner.

I guess we'll have to wait a see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine View Post
No, un official sourses say that maybe is gonna be on the first weeks of july
Old 06-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20 View Post
I'm starting to think that maybe the baptism may be in September. It's already mid-June and there hasn't been any official announcement. Usually they make these type of announcements with plenty of time and July is around the corner.

I guess we'll have to wait a see!
You are all right! We don't have an annoucement from the royal house, and if they don't say anything about it yet, we will have to wait
Old 06-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Courtier

I bet Felipe and Letizia will have it sometime in July. Everything they do mirrors Frederik and Mary, it's cute :)

The couples were married within days of one another, they announced their pregnancies the same day (I think?) had their first children, Christian and Leonor, in the same month within about two weeks of one another, announced their second pregnancies a month apart, and had their second children only about a week apart.

And wasn't Christian baptised in January, and Leonor in February? So I think since Lillepigen is going to be christened on July 1st, maybe we can look at a later July date for Sofia? So I think that means we can keep our eyes peeled in probably 2008 for another baby announcement from Denmark, followed by one from Spain
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 06-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
And wasn't Christian baptised in January, and Leonor in February? So I think since Lillepigen is going to be christened on July 1st, maybe we can look at a later July date for Sofia? So I think that means we can keep our eyes peeled in probably 2008 for another baby announcement from Denmark, followed by one from Spain
no, Leonor was baptised January 14th, Christian January 21. and i don't think there'll be another royal baby from these two houses in 2008. the women have to rest from having two kids in less than three years!
Old 06-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

La Infanta Leonor dará nombre a la nueva Escuela de Educación Infantil que se está construyendo en la Urbanización Miró - Infomelilla.com: Periódico Digital de Melilla

The Infanta Leonor will give name to the new School of Infantile Education that is constructed in the Urbanization Miro

The School of Infantile Education, it has made clear the counselor of Presidency, Abdelmalik The Barkani, will possess 135 squares for children of between 0 and 3 years

The new School of Infantile Education that is constructed in the Urbanization Miro will take the name of the Infanta Leonor. This way it has been decided by the Council of Government of Melilla in the meeting of today on Friday.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
So I think that means we can keep our eyes peeled in probably 2008 for another baby announcement from Denmark, followed by one from Spain
Actually, Letizia's pregnancy with Sofia was announced before Mary's pregnancy with LillePigen
Old 06-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

But if the baptism occours in September Sofia will be six months years old and maybe she will not fit the baptism clothes and she was a big baby!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
But if the baptism occours in September Sofia will be six months years old and maybe she will not fit the baptism clothes and she was a big baby!
I don't think they will wait until september to christen litle Sofia. They usually don't wait that long in Spain or in the royal family to christen a baby. It will probably be end of July. I don't know why they haven't announced it yet though, I was expecting to know by now. Can't wait to see adorable Sofia and her big sister
Old 06-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Not quite but she will be double age when we compare to Leonor. And Leonor was a big baby!

I wonder what is keeping them from announcing a date, shouldn't be too difficult to name a day over 2 months after birth?

Maybe they cannot agree on the godparents
Old 06-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I thought she'd be baptised around the date Miguel was. But nothing yet.
I want to see Sofi
Old 06-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Well...You must learn to wait a little to see her. Think that she must be getting every day more and more beatiful, just for us to see. In general, too little babies are not beatiful, or at least not so beatiful. Babies are in the summum of their beauty around six months old or so...

Vanesa.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Well...You must learn to wait a little to see her. Think that she must be getting every day more and more beatiful, just for us to see. In general, too little babies are not beatiful, or at least not so beatiful. Babies are in the summum of their beauty around six months old or so...

Vanesa.
For once, I agree totally with you. I'm very found of the new borns but I have to say that very often they don't look very beautiful. You are totally right when you write that their best time is around 6/8 months.
After, it's yet an other stopover of the childhood.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus

THE INFANTA LEONOR WILL GO TO THE SAME COLLEGE WHERE HER AUNTS,THE INFANTAS ELENA AND CRISTINA, STUDIED.
Infanta LEONOR will begin her formation after the summer hollydays in Santa Maria del Camino
College.

It has not been marked, for the present time, a concrete day in order that she begins her long and complete formation, it has not also communicated officially what school she will go but, in the circle of the Prince of Asturias it is said that Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have chosen for Leonor's education - and in the future for their sister Sofía--the college Santa Maria del Camino, of Madrid. The center where, beside the Infantas Elenas studied and Cristina, the duchess of Lugo began to do her first practices as teacher, more than two decades ago.

LA INFANTA LEONOR IRÁ AL MISMO COLEGIO DONDE ESTUDIARON SUS TÍAS, LAS INFANTAS ELENA Y CRISTINA
Old 06-29-2007, 05:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

It will be necessary to wait to after the summer. When she was one year they published that she was going to go to the child-care of the Royal Guard, and nothing.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Courtier

I hope that will be true! ... but if it's not true.. she is litlle yet.. i start the school(september) with two years... but my birhtday is on october.. so, my first year in the school was with 3 years!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

If it's true than that would be great news. How sweet she would go to the same school as her aunts. I don't think she would have any problems whatsoever getting used to school and to other children. She's so incredibly outgoing, she will wrap everyone around her little finger in no time