Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 1: April - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. The last Queen of Spain was Isabel II. The problem is that if a boy is born, he will have preminence before Infanta Leonor. For the case, Prince Felipe was the littlest of the family, but because he was a male, he inherited the Crown-Prince title. In other countries, if a girl is born before a boy, she will be the future Queen, as happened with Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Sweden. If Crown Prince Haakon was the Spanish Crwonprince, the heir by now will be Prince Sverre Magnus.

Vanesa.

I think the debate whether Infanta Leonor should/should not inherit the throne and other similar questions are more appropirate in the Debate on the reform of the constitution thread, so if we want to continute the discussion, let's do so in that thread. :)

Thank you for co-operation,
Avalon, Spanish Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Hum (Sofia-Sophia-Sophie)

Is it Sofia, Sophia or Sophie? Do´s any one know? What is her Spanish name?

Princess of Denmark?

Way is Sofia Princess of Denmark? Since eith her father or mother was Prince or Princess of Denmark.

kiwi said:
Way is Sofia Princess of Denmark? Since eith her father or mother was Prince or Princess of Denmark.
Neither her father or mother where Prince opf Denmark only. Her great-grandfather King Georg I. was born as Prince Vilhelm of Denmark amd all his descendants in the male line bear the Titel Prince/Princess of Greece and Denmark.

Okay, so thats way. But what about Prince Felip, is also Prince of Denmark?

kiwi said:
Queen Sofia of Spain was born Princess Sophia of Greece and Denmark.
Infanta Sofia was not.

kiwi said:

No, titles traditionally pass through the male line.

kiwi said:
No Felipe doesn't because he is decending in the female line. His cousins the children of King Konstantin II. are all Prince/Princesses of Greece and Denmark. Felipe bears the Name de Bòrbon y Grecia as in Spain you have always the Name of the father and the mother.

I thought the Queen's name was Sofia de Grecia y Hannover ..

It is now Mari*, unlike the royals of other places, the Spanish royals have last names. The Queen did not have a last name only a title. When she became Spanish, her title turned to her last name. She was Sophia of Greece and she became Sofia de Grecia.

I didn't know that.. thank you Metizia! :flowers:
But I thought that her title was Princess of Greece and Hannover (I didn't know it was Denmark) and that it turned to Sofia of Greece and Hannover.

Mari_* said:
I thought the Queen's name was Sofia de Grecia y Hannover ..

Her name in Spain yes but her Title was Princess of Greece and Denmark.

magnik said:
Could you translate? Thanks:flowers:

It says that the christening will take place probably before the family goes to Mallorca. And Hola's sources say that it'll take place within the first two weeks of July.

Today, she turns 1 month of life. What a cute baby

Maybe Sofia's baptism could be around the same date of Miguel's baptism.. anybody knows the date?

thanks for the information!! can't wait to see pictures of this christening!!!

Vanesa said:
Exactly. The last Queen of Spain was Isabel II. The problem is that if a boy is born, he will have preminence before Infanta Leonor. For the case, Prince Felipe was the littlest of the family, but because he was a male, he inherited the Crown-Prince title. In other countries, if a girl is born before a boy, she will be the future Queen, as happened with Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Sweden. If Crown Prince Haakon was the Spanish Crwonprince, the heir by now will be Prince Sverre Magnus.

Vanesa.

Ingrid Alexandra's from norway...

I wonder if Infanta Sofia will have a second name besides "de Todos los Santos".. I'd assume it be a little weird calling her "Sofia" when the Queen is around.. but who knows.. I'd like to see a second name in there just because.. =)

Maybe the Queen has a nickname...or is the little Infantita who would receive one.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Maybe the Queen has a nickname...or is the little Infantita who would receive one.

Vanesa.

King Juan Carlos call her wife "Sofi" :flowers: I think they will call Sofía to little infantita.

i would love if sofia had more names than just "de todos los santos". although leonor just has those two, perhaps they add some more for sofia, hopefully! felipe, elena and cristina all have various names. i think elena's children do as well, although just some of cristina's.

gudeeya said:
I wonder if Infanta Sofia will have a second name besides "de Todos los Santos".. I'd assume it be a little weird calling her "Sofia" when the Queen is around.. but who knows.. I'd like to see a second name in there just because.. =)

Although I think Sofia is a very nice name and that choosing that name is a noble gesture towards the queen, I hope there will be a second name, as it's not only nice but goes with a burden. The girl deserves her own identity.

Duke of Marmalade said:
Although I think Sofia is a very nice name and that choosing that name is a noble gesture towards the queen, I hope there will be a second name, as it's not only nice but goes with a burden. The girl deserves her own identity.

I don't think there'll be a problem with her just being named Sofía, I bet she'll have her own identity, plus maybe they'll call her "Sofi".:flowers: My point here is that the name doesn't means she won't have her own identity.

I really like the name Sofia but I personally don't like to repeat names in a family.

I was hoping she would have gotten a name that nobody has now within the family, like Leonor.

Well, even with one name she will be Sofia de Borbon while the Queen is Sofia de Grecia (using her birth country Greece for last name). So there will be a little diference between Sofia the elder and Sofia the younger.

If they didn't name her Sofia the press will criticize Letizia for not naming her after the Queen. They didn't like the name Leonor, so of course they blamed Letizia and said that it was her idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom